VLOG: Beach, Joe's crab shack, and Sunset
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 19, 2013
First time here. Their mixed drinks are pretty delicious! I think the glass jars they come in are big and adorable too!
We were seated upon arrival. Service was amazing! I don't know if it always is but our waitress was amazing. She was incredibly fast and helpful with any questions and requests we had. I wish I remembered her name so I can give her credit...but at the moment, I can't. :/
I am glad that they know how to cook shrimp here! The coconut shrimp was delicious. They were a decent size (I definitely didn't think they were jumbo though! title was misleading!), with a delightful crust and was paired with a fitting tropical sauce. I thought that the coconut shrimp was cooked better than the shrimp in the KJ steampot though. Why was there a discrepancy!? One chef got more shrimp skills?! :P The steampot was pretty good. I really like the flavor of the dish, it seemed mild to me; like it just helped us savor the seafood more which is a good thing! I'm not big on mussels, in general, because I find people rarely cook it well. There's only 1 restaurant (Due Mari) where I've been at and found myself wanting more mussels after I finished the dish! Everywhere else so far, it's just satisfactory. I am a big fan of scallops and those were also cooked well...but you only get 3! D: How sad. But alas, seafood is expensive. I understand. The texture and flavor of the king crab legs were great! I appreciated how they threw in 2 potatoes and a corn cob into the mix. I don't know if this is common sense or the general consensus, but when I'm eating cooked seafood (as opposed to raw), I prefer it hot and steamy...and they did bring it out hot! All in all, I'd say the KJ steampot hits my seafood spot! :)
Skillet Paella was yummy! I thought the rice was wayyyy overcooked though. But maybe that's the way you're supposed to cook rice though for Paella? So, if so, my bad! I still enjoyed it though. Great ingredients and flavors and a decent size!
Crab nachos were subpar. The chips were okay, not fantastic and not stale. I didn't like how a few chips would have hardly anything on them like no creamy dip, no cheese, no tomato, no lettuce...and a few chips would have a load of everything on it so it got soggy. I understand that nachos are supposed to be messy but I just didn't like how the toppings were not evenly distributed. I did think the actual crab dip/sauce of it was pretty tasty though. I guess I would prefer if they had the option of having it more like a chips and layered dip kind of deal?
The apple crumble pie was paired with a large, wonderful, cinnamon ice cream scoop. I believe this dessert was a bit overpriced but it was a good size and every bit of it was yummy! I can really appreciate a nice, gooey apple pie, and I really liked how the top was covered in a thick layer of crumbs and that the center was gooey and the consistency of the pie crust on the bottom was perfect.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:46 Cajun Shrimp & Crab Boilby spacecowboytx26,114 views
- 10:36 Wild Edibles: Musselsby OshawaBushcraft1,099 views
- 5:27 VLOG: Buffalo Wild Wings, Space chair, and Brookstoneby sophielikestoeat59 views
- 3:49 The Epicurean Express: Mango Tree's Curry Crabby HongKongTatler Dining382 views
- 10:53 Recipe for Good Ole Cajun Crab Leg/Shrimp Boil!by Debbie FoodPrepping11,884 views
- 4:19 Snow Crab Boil At Seaby William Larkham Jr1,754 views
- 4:48 VLOG: Mango Gelati, Pizza hut vs. Dominoes, and Delicious orchardsby sophielikestoeat59 views
- 5:04 How To (and How Not To) Eat A Chesapeake Bay Crabby B. Holden137 views
- 4:31 Nome: King Crabbing on Bering Sea Iceby Tim Akimoff2,179,850 views
- 6:11 Legs and Tails, Melted Butter and 5 Hungry People All Meet At Joe's Crab Shack in Clifton, NJ.mp4by freerangechowhound1,163 views
- 10:30 Humboldt Dungeness Crabby outdoorcastironcook246,112 views
- 4:12 King Crab Cut Up while still alive by Chinese Chefby mtler4,890,364 views
- 1:16 How to crack a crab leg and eat itby ICECUBE9102129 views
- 4:45 How to Eat Alaskan King Crabby MonkeySee312,376 views
- 6:52 How to cook and clean a Dungeness crabby Becky Selengut232,755 views
- 2:33 How to unshell a Snow crab leg fast.by zebraman77733316,255 views
- 6:15 How to make Curry Crab legsby Keith Lorren13,408 views
- 5:43 Lobster, Shrimp, Crab Legs and Clams Seafood Bucketby dansrollingbbq601 views
- 4:55 Learn how to break crab legsby David Nickson529 views
- 4:50 Crabbing in Victoria, BC, Canadaby grommet2003242,247 views
- Loading more suggestions...