ANGEL w/ Gordon G.G. Gebert - Sweden Rock Festival June 9th 2001 / featuring Gordon G.G. Gebert on Keyboards, Frank DiMino Vocals, Barry Brandt on drums - MORE TO COME!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 19, 2006
BROKEN DREAMS - Angel's first appearance in Europe - June 9th, 2001 - Sweden Rock Festival featuring Gordon G.G. Gebert on keyboards.
Original Angel members Frank DiMino on vocals and Barry Brandt on drums.
Keith Emerson, Jon Lord, Jan Hammer, Jordan Rudess, Eddie Ed Edwin Jobson, Gregg Greg Giuffria, Jon Lord, Rick Wakeman, Jurgen Fritz, Triumvirat, kevin moore, derek sherinian jordan rudess Yes, Deep Purple, Ritchie Blackmore, Richie, Hammond Organ, Moog Synthesizer, Alesis QS 8.1, KISS, Ace Frehley, ELP, Greg Lake, Carl Palmer, Aerosmith, Joe Perry, Donna Summers, Vince Martell, Vanilla Fudge, Jethro Tull, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Jeff Beck, Bloodrock, Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Dee Snider, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Howard Stern, Gene Simmons, Peter Criss, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, Type O Negative, Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue, Rolling Stones, Genesis, UK, Vangelis, Asia, Geoffrey Downes, King Crimson, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, John Wetton, Tangerine Dream
Angel are a heavy metal band from Washington, DC, formed in the mid-70s. They were discovered by KISS bass player Gene Simmons performing at a nightclub and were signed to Kiss' record label Casablanca.
Their image of dressing in all white was a deliberate contrast to Kiss, who wore black. Sometimes cited as the band that invented glam metal, Angel sported an androgynous image and elaborate stage sets. They were slammed by rock critics, and Frank Zappa ridiculed the all-male band's female appearance in the song "Punky's Whips." Angel never achieved mass commercial success but acquired a following as a cult band.
They made an appearance in the film Foxes and Frank DiMino sang "Seduce Me Tonight" on the Flashdance soundtrack.
Although Angel never officially disbanded, members went on to other things following the release of their live album. Lead vocalist Frank Dimino joined UFO guitarist Paul Raymond in the Paul Raymond Project in which he sang lead vocals. Bassist Felix Robinson played on the debut album of the band White Lion, Fight to Survive. Angel's keyboardist Gregg Giuffria had modest success as the leader of the band Giuffria during the 1980s, along with the band House of Lords. The rest of the band reunited briefly (sans Giuffria) in 1987, but was unable to secure a new record contract and split again not too long afterward. A demo tape recorded during this period includes three songs: "Hot 'n' Heavy," "Take Away My Feelings," and "Can't Last Forever."
In the late '90s, Angel reformed with a new line-up. Keyboardist Gordon G.G. Gebert joined the band in 1999 and left in 2002. Currently, the band members are Frank Dimino, vocals; Barry Brandt, drums; Randy Gregg, bass; Steve Blaze, guitars; and Michael T. Ross, keyboards. The band's 2000 release In the Beginning also features guest appearances by original guitarist Punky Meadows, as well as Robinson. In 2000 came the release of Angel: The Collection, making it the most extensive Angel greatest hits compilation including 16 songs. In 2006 Lilith released two singles albums which has singles released through the band's career (1975-1981), and even though it has most singles released at that time it does not include "Better Days" which was taken off the White Hot album and replaced with "The Winter Song." This song remains to be unreleased on CD or cassette format. It is however available as a 7" single but is very hard to find. Angel is now working on a new album, which so far has no name, but there has been a total of three written songs and they are: "Worship the Sun," "Hold On To Your Dreams," and the third song does not currently have a title. The fourth song is "Even Now," but it is not certain whether this is the third untitled song, a new fourth song, or just an unreleased track. For more info go to  to keep updated.
For better or for worse, Angel was quite influential in their own way—particularly on the glam metal boom of the 1980s—and represent a kind of missing link between keyboard-driven hard rock bands of the '70s such as Uriah Heep and '80s acts like Poison.
Helluva Band (1976)
On Earth As It Is In Heaven (1977)
White Hot (1978)
Blowing Great Guns:bootleg (5-10-1978)
White Heroes:bootleg (5-10-1978)
Sinful (1979) (original title: Bad Publicity) Pop Album Charts #159
Live Without a Net (1980)
Can You Feel It (1989)
An Anthology (1992)
In the Beginning (2000)
Angel: The Collection (2000)
Angel:Live in Sweden featuring Gordon G.G. Gebert (2001)
Angel: The Singles Collection Volume 1 (2006)
Angel: The Singles Collection Volume 2
Standard YouTube License
- 15 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 5:36 ANGEL 'THE TOWER' PROMOby kingfowleyFeatured 176,222
- 8:51 ANGEL - Helluva Fan (Vintage Video)by ProperGroupie 37,427 views
- 3:41 Angel - The Winter Song (Sound Enhanced)by Manoreid 15,277 views
- 10:00 KISS & Tell Book Author Gordon G.G. Gebert Interview PART 1 Rock'n New England T.V.by kissvideofan 4,420 views
- 7:01 Angel The Tower Completeby sacrificialblood 28,448 views
- 45 videos Play all angelby charliedontsurf70
- 10:02 Angel on Reality Check TVby realitycheckstudio 9,210 views
- 3:47 ANGEL 2008 - Can You Feel Itby ProperGroupie 36,239 views
- 8:41 Angel - The Fortune.wmvby WillieWeirdie 27,048 views
- 8:08 Angel - The Fortune (Live 1976)by Yetstream 29,855 views
- 6:02 ANGEL "The Tower" Promo Film/Music Video--1976 Casablanca Recordsby CasablancaBookTV 34,137 views
- 5:54 ANGEL performing The Tower in St. Louis featuring Gordon G.G. Gebert on Keyboards, Frank DiMino Vocals, Barry Brandt on drums - MORE TO COME!by kissvideofan 106,044 views
- 9:56 Zappa Plays Zappa - Punky's Whipsby IGotVirus 46,178 views
- 2:38 Angel - Stick Like Glueby rickyon 13,975 views
- 3:43 ANGEL - Don't Take Your Loveby Cherry Bomb 23,206 views
- 3:22 Sweden Rock Festivalby Johan Törnblom 191,254 views
- 7:17 Felix Robinsonby bassfrontiersmag 6,571 views
- 3:11 Angel - Goodbye - Gordon G.G. Gebert on Keyboards Bronx, NYby kissvideofan 14,850 views
- 7:03 Angel Long Timeby alannandie 30,827 views
- 5:12 Giuffria - Call To The Heartby GiuffriaVEVO 324,886 views
- 4:24 ANGEL - Gordon Gebert impromptu Piano solo - Guitar intro goes awryby kissvideofan 6,096 views
- Loading more suggestions...