Islam The Untold Story
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 12, 2012
Historian Tom Holland explores how a new religion - Islam - emerged from the seedbed of the ancient world, and asks what we really know for certain about the rise of Islam.
An Islamic History of Europe
UK Channel 4 has engaged in a direct war against Islam by airing a documentary which distorts the reality of the glorious Faith.
Over 1000 complaints have been made to the channel and another 200 to the UK media regulator Ofcom over a documentary about the origins of Islam.
By way of avoiding an investigation into the matter, an Ofcom spokesman has said, "We will assess them and if we believe there has been a possible breach of the broadcasting code, we would hold an investigation, but no decision to that effect has been taken."
Islam: The Untold Story, presented by Tom Holland, claims there is little written contemporary evidence about the origin of Islam and the life of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).
As another politically-motivated attempt by followers of the English Defence League (EDL) to misrepresent the realities of Islam, the production is a mere distortion of history presented by someone with no background of religious knowledge.
Holland's works mostly comprise vampire and adventure stories, and his non-fiction books are nothing related to religious issues or Islam.
It is, therefore, not surprising that the 44-year-old writer became the target of many criticisms by Muslim viewers who took to Twitter to vent their fury at his inaccurate claims and imaginative lies about the true divine religion.
The Islamic Education and Research Academy (IERA) also said Holland was making "baseless assumptions" and engaging in "selective scholarship". "Holland has cherry picked from evidence as well as scholarship to take an unsubstantiated and marginalized view on the origins of Islam," the IERA said.
"He saw what he wanted to see and rejected recklessly what he didn't like. His exclusion of established academic positions and material facts points to the only conclusion of justifying his own prejudices and ignorance of Islamic tradition."
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:54 سؤال جرئ 322 الأسئلة المحرمة في الإسلامby AlHayat TV Featured 42,693
- 1:49:41 BBC DOCUMENTARY on The life of The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)by SubmitYourWill2Allah214,356 views
- 1:46:36 Islam is a Religion of Peace- Intelligence Squared U.S.by IntelligenceSquared Debates509,497 views
- 1:43:15 Who Wrote the Bible?by kishubhai101,289 views
- 1:35:57 Atlantis- The Lost Continentby joemozzone1,078,243 views
- 20:21 Islamic conquest of India. Bloodiest in the history of World (Full)by IndianHiddenNews81,715 views
- 44:50 Why We Are Afraid, A 1400 Year Secret, by Dr Bill Warnerby Tin Ship Productions740,402 views
- 1:34:43 Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - Full Movie (Documentary)by derekw6826478,796 views
- 43:53 Muhammad The Final Legacy Episode 13 HDby TaghootKiller8,333 views
- 1:47:13 "Does Islam Teach Violence?" (Robert Spencer) vs (Nadir Ahmed)by Joe Wyrostek36,877 views
- 42:53 How Islam Began - Fred Donnerby The University of Chicago31,636 views
- 2:47 Snake In The Grave ᴴᴰ | *True Story*by iLovUAllah™ | Productions863,201 views
- 1:31:00 DECODING THE PAST: SECRETS OF THE KORAN - Documentaryby causelofallah57,148 views
- 1:21:57 ISLAM IN PROPHECY.aviby Herb Kersten20,644 views
- 11:59 Pre-Islamic history of the Middle Eastby CaspianReport82,152 views
- 6 videos Play all Durood e Tajby hamed100
- 1:29:02 Bomber Boys - BBC Documentary.by Nick Stanham376,203 views
- 6:43 how did Mike Tyson become a Muslim (interview)by khalid Ma362,922 views
- 2:40:05 PBS: Islam - Empire of Faith (COMPLETE SET)by Aser Mir105,315 views
- 57:52 BBC What Islamic World Did For Us - Documentry over ancient Islamic inventionsby Peace BySubmission11,762 views