Make A Hero - 'The Movement' - Adaptive Sports Film
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 19, 2011
UPDATE - In memoriam of Rick Finkelstein - http://www.makeahero.org/rick-finkels...
The Movement: One Man Joins an Uprising. A documentary narrated by Robert Redford and ski movie legend Warren Miller, featuring stories of inspiring individuals with disabilities overcoming limitation, including Rick Finkelstein, paralyzed at Aspen CO, re-learning to ski after the tragic accident, on the slopes, which paralyzed him.
"The mountains can be tough to access, even for the able body. This project tells the stories of five people, from all walks of life, who found a way to experience a freedom they were told was impossible. They are an inspiration." - Robert Redford.
The Movement has been accepted in 20+ film festivals including Sundance, was nominated for 7 Maverick Movie awards, and has won 5 awards, to date.
The reception of Make A Hero's first film has led to the start of production (2013) of Make A Hero's second film, The Current, starring Missy Franklin, Mallory Waggemann, Bethany Hamilton, Anthony Robles, Jesse Murphree which will feature individuals with disabilities experiencing adaptive water sports, while enjoying the healing power of the ocean, with renowned oceanographer Jean-Michel Cousteau providing narration.
MAKE A HERO MISSION: Inspiring national momentum for adaptive sports - through the creation of adaptive sports films and media content - Make A Hero grows awareness, educates the public, and generates support for individuals with disabilities.
Funding for Make A Hero (MAH) is provided through generous donor support, generated by way of individual donations, individual & team 'crowd-funding', as well as business sponsorships.
MAH films create positive awareness of individuals with disabilities, educate the public, and inspire action; each contribution helps sustain this mission.
Make A Hero films can also be utilized as an innovative fundraising platform at adaptive sport group and non-profit organization events, as well as within school fundraisers, military & civilian rehabilitation centers, across the US. Utilizing Make A Hero films to 'Host A Benefit Screening', positively impacts the bottom line of any special events. Learn more by following this link http://www.makeahero.org/films-heroes... or by emailing Ricky@MakeAHero.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:06 Top 10 Heroic Movie Sacrificesby WatchMojo.com Featured 443,603
- 6:53 Make A Hero: 'The Current' Trailerby makeaherofilms2,505 views
- 4:02 The Movement: One Man Joins an Uprising HD Trailerby makeaherofilms2,559 views
- 1:01 Morgan Freeman & Robert Redford, Make A Hero: Public Service Announcementby makeaherofilms1,325 views
- 1:06 Gary Sinise as Lt. Dan, Make A Heroby makeaherofilms2,009 views
- 2:14:53 Grand Masti Full Movie 720p (2013) [English Subtitle]by BestHarlemShakesTV122,277 views
- 1:43:29 Thick As Thieves (2009) full movie HDby Brandon Donovan970,408 views
- 30:57 Activating Faith Instead of Fear by Joel Osteen - God Bless Us..by Jerick Manzanero32,024 views
- 8 videos Play all Gattaca (1997) - Movieby movieclipsFILMG
- 23:51 Direction: Northeast - Lyena Strelkoffby NortheastStateVideo2,805 views
- 7:35 Wayne Boys of Fall 2012by Dan May1,588 views
- 5:02 Disabled athletes or Super-humans?by mpistx13,059 views
- 4:46 CrossTrainer Wheelchairby Andrew Lowe7,375 views
- 7:30 How to apply Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail polish Strips - Zebra Printby PamperedPolished10,414 views
- 1:33:27 Blood And Bone Full Movieby CallMeJazzious3,846,039 views
- 2:13 Broken Kingdom Teaser (OFFICIAL TEASER)by brokenkingdomfilm15,116 views
- 16:31 Method vs Garrosh Hellscream (25 Heroic) World Firstby Method329,720 views
- 6:22 Bravest Family in Americaby Challengeaspenyoucan974 views
- 3:31 Carrie Underwood - All-American Girl - Lyrics & Musicby VeryVivienne17,525 views
- 3:00 Bridesmaids clip - Annie's roommatesGil and Brynn scenesby thewarbonnet194,819 views