Medicine Buddha Mantra - Healing Mantra
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 20, 2012
Tayata Om Bekandze Bekandze Maha Bekandze Radza Samudgate Soha
May the many sentient beings
who are sick,
quickly be freed from sickness.
And may all the sicknesses of beings
Never arise again.
TAYATA / OM BEKANDZE BEKANDZE / MAHA BEKANDZE RADZA / SAMUDGATE SOHA
Bekandze means eliminating pain, maha bekandze means great eliminating of pain. One explanation of the meaning of the first bekandze is that it refers to eliminating the pain of true suffering, not just of disease but of all problems. It eliminates the pain of death and rebirth that are caused by karma and disturbing thoughts. The first bekandze eliminates all the problems of body and mind, including old age and sickness.
The second bekandze eliminates all the true cause of suffering, which is not external but within the mind. This refers to karma and disturbing thoughts. It is the inner cause that enables external factors such as food and exposure to sunlight to become conditions for disease.
Scientists claim that intense exposure to the sun causes skin cancer. However, without the cause in the mind, there is nothing to make external factors become conditions for disease. Exposure to sunlight is a condition for skin cancer, but it is not the main cause. For those who have created the cause to get skin cancer, the external phenomenon of sunlight can become a condition for skin cancer.
For example, not everyone who sunbathes on the beach gets skin cancer. Also human beings have been exposing themselves to the sun for many thousands of years, but skin cancer is a comparatively recent phenomenon. The important question is: Why doesn't everyone who is exposed to the sun get skin cancer? The proof that sunlight is not the main cause of skin cancer is that not everyone who is exposed to the sun gets skin cancer.
If someone has created the cause, as long as they do not do anything to purify it, the cause will definitely bring its own result; just as a seed that is planted will definitely result in a sprout as long as it is not eaten by birds, and so forth. Once there is a cause, as long as there is no obstacle to the cause, it is natural to experience its result.
So, the second bekandze refers to eliminating the cause of problems, karma motivated by disturbing thoughts.
The third phrase, maha bekandze, or "great eliminating," refers to eliminating even the subtle imprints left on the consciousness by disturbing thoughts.
The Medicine Buddha mantra actually contains the remedy of the whole graduated path to enlightenment. The first bekandze contains the graduated path of the lower capable being in general; the second bekandze, the graduated path of the middle capable being in general; and maha bekandze, the graduated path of the higher capable being. The whole graduated path from the beginning up to the peerless happiness of full enlightenment is contained in the Medicine Buddha Mantra.
Reciting the mantra leaves imprints on our mind, so that we are also able to actualize the path contained in the mantra. It establishes the blessing of the whole path within our heart; we can then generate the whole graduated path to enlightenment, which is signified by bekandze bekandze maha bekandze.
The OM is composed of three sounds, ah, o, and ma, which signify the Medicine Buddha's completely pure holy body, holy speech, and holy mind. Actualizing the whole path to enlightenment purifies our impure body, speech, and mind and transforms them into the Medicine Buddha's pure holy body, holy speech, and holy mind. We then become a perfect guide for living beings.
With our omniscient mind we are able to effortlessly, directly, see, without mistake, the level of mind of every living being and all the methods that fit them in order to bring them from happiness to happiness, to the peerless happiness of full enlightenment.
We also have the perfect power to manifest in various forms to suit every living being and reveal the necessary methods to guide them, such as giving material help, education, or Dharma teachings. Whenever the positive imprint left by their past positive actions ripens, without delay of even a second, we can reveal various means to guide the living being to enlightenment.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Medicine Buddha" on
- 1:09:06 ॐ Deva Premal & The Gyuto Monks Of Tibet ॐ Tibetan Mantras For Turbulent Times ॐby All ☆ One ☆ Unity Featured 169,790
- 10:28 Powerful Mantra - Om Mani Padmi Humby Hugh26,978 views
- 11:34 The Medicine Buddha Healing Mantra -- Long Formby LightofSacha7,612 views
- 7:48 Tenzin Choegyal & Taro Terahara - "Tayata-Heart Sutra"by Brian Semple2,990 views
- 1:01:02 You and Your Imprints!by Tsem Rinpoche5,130 views
- 10:23 TAYATA MANTRA DE BUDA DE LA MEDICINA 54 vecesby Juan Chia65,726 views
- 9:44 The Heart Mantra Medicine Buddhaby Andy Le40,699 views
- 10:46 藥師佛 Medicine Buddha Mantra (梵音)by 500arhat2,441 views
- 66 videos Play all HEALING MANTRAby tourguytour
- 8:53 MANTRA BEKANDZEby Inna Romanenko2,574 views
- 7:38 Lama Gyurme, Jean-Philippe Rykiel - Medicine Buddha Mantra - ZenitudeExperienceby ZenitudeExperience3,181 views
- 23:55 OM MANI PADME HUM (Full length version)by Viktor Sztancsik1,090,737 views
- 8:28 Medicine Buddha Mantra (with words)by adeline108215,962 views
- 30:49 Sakyamuni Buddha Mantra 釋迦牟尼佛心咒 - Imee Ooi (黃慧音)by dianapeaceful62,414 views
- 14:01 Buddhist Peaceful Songby cuteleaflet1369,994 views
- 11:37 Medicine Buddha: Image & Mantraby allinthemind11,362 views
- 8:22 The Wish-Fulfilling Avalokitesvara Mantraby buddhistlight253,785 views
- 6:56 Tenzin Choegyal - Himalaya (feat. Camerata of St. John's)by 5 Weapons3,747 views
- 4:39 Medicine Buddha's Mantra ( 药师佛灵咒 )by jayadiri155,339 views
- 8:23 Khenpo Pema Chopel Rinpoche - The Mantra of Medicine Buddhaby zambala2147,543 views