Paris Reidhead Walking In The Light 1988
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 21, 2012
This is the first session of the summer conference (Evidence of Eternal Life) at Bethany Fellowship in Bloomington, MN in June 1988 featuring Paris Reidhead as the main speaker.
About Paris Reidhead
Paris Reidhead (May 30. 1919 - March 23, 1992) was a Christian missionary, teacher, writer, and advocate of economic development in impoverished nations.
Reidhead was born in a Minnesota farming community in 1919. When in his late teens, he committed himself to a life of Christian service.
In 1945, Reidhead took an assignment with the Sudan Interior Mission (SIM), surveying and analyzing indigenous languages in preparation for evangelistic and educational efforts near the Sudan-Ethiopia border. His proficiency in tribal languages was noted by his contemporaries. Reidhead's experiences in Sudan deeply impacted the core values that would later guide his life.
A spiritual crisis during this period—as he described two decades later in what is probably his best-known recorded teaching, "Ten Shekels and a Shirt"--left Reidhead with the conviction that much of evangelicalism had adopted utilitarian and humanistic philosophies contradictory to Biblical teaching. The end of all being, he came to believe, was not the happiness of man, but the glorification of God. This theme would recur throughout his later teaching.
Upon his return to the United States in 1949, Reidhead was appointed Deputation Secretary of the SIM. He associated himself with the Christian and Missionary Alliance movement and in 1953 began teaching at national conferences. Three years later he took a position as pastor at New York City's Gospel Tabernacle, which had been established in 1887 by A. B. Simpson. While in New York, he drew on informational resources at the United Nations to pioneer a program through which government and private funds were used for economic development in the Third World. His efforts to implement local programs on this model took him to mission fields in Africa, Asia, and South America.
Reidhead's involvement with the Sudanese also inspired him to seek a means to enable impoverished people in developing nations to help themselves and their families rise out of poverty. Third World development became his full-time commitment in 1966. His vision of public-private funding for economic development led, in 1971, to the formation of the Institute for International Development which has served as the model for about 90 evangelical organizations. In 1985, he helped found Enterprise Development International (EDI), a nonprofit Christian faith-based organization that works in partnership with local Christian groups to transfer the necessary training and capital to help entrepreneurs start sustainable family businesses.
Paris Reidhead died in Woodbridge, Virginia in 1992.
My beliefs on Learning from a Pastor...While I believe it is our Christian duty to Study the Word to show ourselves approved (2 Timothy 2:15)We can learn from Preachers of Holiness who teach Sound Doctrine...does this mean that we have to agree with every single thing that they preach? First if something doesn't seem to be right than We must find out if it is sound doctrine (the thing being disagreed with) or if it mans tradition being taught ...we MUST search the scriptures like the Bereans to see if it lines up with the word of God to see if it is true (Acts 17:11) Second Don't be so quick to condemn that Preacher if What was said doesn't line up perfectly on that note then ask the Holy Spirit to show them the truth(If they are still with us on this earth) ...the bible says we will know them by their fruits and if they are preaching Holiness and If there message is centered around Picking up the Cross and denying self and it provokes you to be like Jesus and it is Sound Doctrine than maybe you are wrong about them. Pray about it with a honest heart... none of us are perfect and none of us have it 100 percent right only Jesus was perfect....Peter was wrong about the Preaching to Gentiles(Acts 10) and that is a perfect example of how we must seek God with all our hearts and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truths (John 16:13)
Standard YouTube License
- 35:18 Carter Conlon When Death Seems Like a Better Option Time Square Church Wilkersonby avrilabril482 views
- 51:01 Ten Sheckels and a Shirt - Paris Reidheadby LiveChristMeridian44 views
- 9:58 Psalm 27, _ADONAI Ori Christine Jackman.mp4by avrilabril4,584 views
- 50:31 Paris Reidhead Conviction and Repentance 1988by avrilabril427 views
- 46:29 (Evidence of Eternal Life - Part 8) Overcoming The World by Paris Reidheadby SermonIndex.net839 views
- 43:18 (Evidence of Eternal Life - Part 7) Witness Of The Spirit by Paris Reidheadby SermonIndex.net404 views
- 35:44 The Revival Hymn Video (A Great Documentary on Past Christian Revivals)by SpiritLessons DivineRevelations430 views
- 53:07 10 Shekels and a Shirt - Paris Reidheadby xxCerysxx216 views
- 58:11 Powerful Staggering Interview with Leonard Ravenhillby SermonIndex.net68,637 views
- 36:21 God Knows by David Wilkersonby SermonIndex.net20,255 views
- 27:08 Prayer as a Way of Walking in Love- My Journey by Francis Chanby SermonIndex.net8,062 views
- 4:24 The Glory of God - Paris Reidheadby EricWilson7477 views
- 27:18 A Craving for the Presence by David Wilkerson - Part 2by SermonIndex.net27,091 views
- 45:54 (So Great Salvation - Part 8) Baptism With The Spirit by Paris Reidheadby SermonIndex.net1,166 views
- 1:36:55 What Is Your Life by Leonard Ravenhillby SermonIndex.net31,172 views
- 41:30 STRONG DELUSIONS By Paris Reidheadby Witness And Testimony2,832 views
- 43:02 (Evidence of Eternal Life - Part 1) Walking In The Light by Paris Reidheadby SermonIndex.net1,260 views
- 31:00 David Wilkerson -- The Vision 1973by goffnett68,908 views
- 35:53 The Original Revival Hymn (FULL Length)by David Shoop9,150 views
- 9:58 Ten Shekels And A Shirt - Part 1 by Paris Reidheadby SermonIndex.net5,594 views
- Loading more suggestions...