東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 252
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 23, 2010
Title: Black Ice
Circle: Far in the distance -4 Ever-
Album: Are you NUTS?!?!
Original: おてんば恋娘 (Tomboyish Girl in Love)
Good grief, for those who didn't like Cirno appearing on 東方非想天則 ～ 超弩級ギニョルの謎を追え(Expansion pack for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody) you better stop reading and continue listening to the Cirno theme.
With this song the channel wants to "celebrate" that Cirno will be the protagonist on the next Touhou game.
Don't jump out of your chair just yet, since 妖精大戦争 ～ 東方三月精 ("Great Fairy Wars ~ Eastern Three Fairies") is an spin-off pretty much in the way "Shoot the bullet" and "Double Spoiler" are. Labeled as a "Freezing Danmaku Shump", Fairy Wars (no need to make the Star Wars joke as everyone should be thinking on it right now), Touhou Project 12.8 will make it's debut on the next Comicket.
Judging by the screen shots posted on ZUN blog, I bet he is using the same engine as in Shoot The Bullet, but what is important of this game is that 3 Touhou Characters that were previously only known for their appearance on ZUN manga/print works now will make an official appearance in a game, so we welcome Luna Child, Star Sapphire and Sunny Milk to the family of arranges, since I don't doubt their themes will be something to be remembered.
More information of the game can be found in here.
About the song, listening to tracks like this really makes you doubt about Wiest real identity. It is true that he is under another circle, but I just can't stop remembering CROW'SCLAW's leader, Taka, with this type of songs. The mix, the playing style, and the tone of the guitar is way too similar to the crow. The only that differs quite a lot, is the genre, however Taka has also done some Techno here and there (you maybe recall the Nuclear Fusion X Fate of 60 years), and comparing them just makes you wonder if Wiest is Taka under another circle, with different name.
CROW or not, Wiest is sure one of my favorite arrangers. His non-electronic stuff might sound a little dull and weak, but without a doubt his/her riffs combined with techno is something I'm avid to listen. As a side note for guitarists, Wiest claims to record with an Ephiphone Les Paul Custom, customized with the same EMG pickups used by the CROW (note this might influte on his sound, however it doesn't make it all), proving that Epiphones might not be underrated by Gibson.
Aside from that guitar geeky data, there is nothing listed for Wiest in the future.
However we are hoping that in the following days prior the Comicket, he will show us something to await for.
Thanks for watching.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - 東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 252
- 6:52 Mafia 東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 89by ChaosAngel209100,224 views
- 3:52 東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 266by ChaosAngel20973,975 views
- 4:37 東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 226by ChaosAngel20968,177 views
- 3:54 東方 Touhou Symphonic/Metal 20by ChaosAngel20976,992 views
- 5:55 東方 Touhou Metal/Progressive 45by ChaosAngel20970,705 views
- 4:58 東方 Touhou Techno/Metal 142by moomar269,609 views
- 4:56 東方 Touhou Techno/Trance 207by moomar245,885 views
- 200 videos Play all touhou metalby LikeZero
- 6:10 ☢CAUTION!!☢ Nuclear 東方 Touhou Classic/Techno 120 ☢CAUTION!!☢by KakashiMr223,774 views
- 3:33 東方 Touhou Techno/Metal 56by moomar248,499 views
- 3:54 東方 Touhou Metal/Rock 253by ChaosAngel20925,471 views
- 3:38 ☢CAUTION!!☢ Touhou Metal Techno 215 (techno)by Haruka Koyashi63,271 views
- 4:22 東方 Touhou Metal/Rock 21by ChaosAngel20959,114 views
- 5:31 Treasure Hunter's 東方 Touhou Classic/Metal 55 & 56by KakashiMr65,937 views
- 2:21 【東方電気笛⑨】おてんば恋娘【チルノ】by ghostrr230,091 views
- 8:48 ☢CAUTION!!☢ 東方 Touhou Death/Metal 270 ☢CAUTION!!☢by ChaosAngel209127,372 views
- 4:24 The Game - How We Doby TheGameVEVO17,518,048 views
- 4:34 東方 Touhou Metal/Progressive 33by ChaosAngel20960,727 views
- 4:02 Female 東方 Touhou Techno/Eurobeat 3666by moomar219,808 views
- 4:04 Mafia II 東方 Touhou Metal/Techno 209by ChaosAngel20938,325 views