Lorenzo Bétancourt à Ingrid, Uribe, Chavez, Sarkozy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 6, 2008
Lorenzo, le fils d'Ingrid Bétancourt, s'adresse à sa mère, Ingrid Bétancourt, retenue depuis 2002 dans la jungle en otage par les Farc ainsi qu'à Uribe, Chavez et Sarkozy.
Agissons pour inciter les politiques à ne plus tergiverser.
Free Ingrid !
Traduction proposée par http://fr.youtube.com/user/HUG0deC :
LORENZO BETANCOURT TO INGRID, URIBE, CHAVEZ, SARKOZY & ALL.
Here is an English translation of Lorenzo's spontaneous & heartfelt plea for help:
"Today there is urgency, we don't have any more time. Mum was kidnapped on the 23rd of February 2002 - that makes it now a bit more than 6 years that she is a hostage, taken by the FARC. She has never submitted herself to the FARC, never. They have taken her physical liberty away from her, but never her freedom of thought... her freedom to fight.
Mum is dying. There are only a limited number of weeks left for her to live.
If the International Community does not act very quickly, we will lose her.
I ask everyone, everyone who can hear this message, to act -- to make a last effort. An effort for life, an effort for freedom.
Mr. President of Colombia, Mr. Alvaro Uribe, you are driving a politic of war -- you are winning that war, it is true, but at what price? Through the army, you have killed the second-in-command of the FARC; the only contact that the International Community had.
Mr. Uribe, I am asking you to show us that you still have a remnant of humanity, a remnant of humanity for the lives of the hostages, for the honour of Colombia, for the honour of this democracy.
Mr Marolanda, head of the FARC - you hold in your hands the lives of hostages, you have mum's life in your hands and you know that she is dying. You have a formidable card to play, that of recognition... if you set free all the hostages and stop the suffering, stop taking away the freedom of others.
Mr. Chavez, you have shown that you are a key element in dialoguing with the FARC, in the possible liberation of the hostages. Please forget -- try to forget for an instant -- your differences with Colombia, you can because the FARC listen to you... you could see to it that they find freedom.
Mr. Sarkozy, the French government has always stood behind us, however we ask for a last effort. I know you are doing all you can to get her out of there, to get them out of there. Please continue.
Mum, I need you to stay strong -- I need you to keep holding on. Mr. Eladio Perez [recently freed hostage] has spoken to Dad, has spoken with Meyla - has told them the whole truth, the complete horror that it is to be held hostage by the FARC.
Mum, I know you don't have much time..., but I'm asking you to hold on as long as you possibly can; because we are going to get you out of there -- you and all the hostages. So keep holding on, hold on for us... because you will see that you are right, you were always right; truth will end-up winning and you will be free.
Just a bit of patience mum....
I was thirteen the last time I saw her, the 23rd of February 2002.
She will die... she will die, she has hepatitis B - a recurring hepatitis B. She has had this before. She has little time left....
She has little time left, the hostages have little time left....
It is time that the Colombian government and the FARC this gesture of size, of magnitude; for liberty, for life, for peace in Colombia.
We haven't the right to lose this fight.
So, a last effort please... a last effort.
We will succeed."
The makers of this video stipulate that it was made without preparation, in one take, without a pre-written text. Filmed on the 6th of March 2008 at Science Po in Paris, France (on the margin of a public meeting) & put online that very night at 6pm (18h00).
Please do all you can to help Ingrid & the other hostages -- spread the word, tell your friends & family -- contact the press & those with the power to make a difference. There is very little time left....
Standard YouTube License
- 1:31:27 Ingrid Betancourt seis años en la jungla.by Gustavo Salleg27,202 views
- 12:58 Colombia Última entrevista al Mono Jojoy Comandante de las FARC Parte1/2by Frente Revolucionario de Izquierda Universitario FRIU43,295 views
- 11:28 ENTREVISTA EXCLUSIVA CON EL EX ESPOSO DE INGRID BETANCOURT.by Maria Elvira Salazar10,111 views
- 10:21 INGRID BETANCOURT, ROMANCE EN LA SELVA.by Maria Elvira Salazar387,907 views
- 10:15 El ex de Ingrid Betancourt "En La Mira"by Andres Brender4,488 views
- 6:57 Asombrosas imagenes de secuestradores de ingrid betancourtby asombrosovideo353,262 views
- 48:02 Romeo Langlois Documental (Español)by juangarmp3287,351 views
- 5:57 HELICOPTERO Ingrid Betancourt Liberación imagenes AltaCalidaby MERCADOENLINEA66,613 views
- 9:41 Uribe le dice miserable a un periodista (parte1b) 9 oct. 20by hrktqw53,308 views
- 7:16 Lorenzo Delloye sur RTLby SplendidoSplendente25,288 views
- 12:25 Russian Anti-ballistic missile testby karalfilm277,364 views
- 7:28 Rescatada Ingrid Betancourt en Sensacional Operativo Militarby orvex10,501 views
- 6:15 FARC Hostage rescue of Ingrid Betancourtby tightlaces75,805 views
- 6:53 Alvaro Uribe Velez Narco Paramilitar. Su Pasado y Presente.by MensajeroVII639,905 views
- 2:12 Ingrid Betancourt, cinq ans déjàby undomielfe30,007 views
- 10:45 Liberation Ingrid Betancourt : Arrivee de l avion a Bogotaby Strimoo55,753 views
- 56:11 Revelle Forum: Ingrid Betancourtby University of California Television (UCTV)6,071 views
- 4:19 ingrid betancourt la video completeby annaik1111620,244 views
- 3:53 Ingrid Betancourt, the documentaryby DocsOnline14,394 views
- 10:59 SARKOZY mensaje a MARULANDA FARC liberación INGRID BETANCOURTby ContraBalboa12,795 views
- Loading more suggestions...