Concrete Casting: How to Make a Concrete Sink Mold
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 11, 2008
Casting a reproduction concrete sink basin by making a 2-part Vytaflex production rubber mold.
Step One: Construct Mold Box
Measure original sink basin. Use melamine board (formica coated) to make mold box segments, which will ensure easier separation from mold rubber.
Step Two: Create Spacer Board
Center model on board to use as a spacer board. Create perimeter outline for cutting. Center model on baseboard. Position spacer board and align with baseboard. Mark alignment point on baseboard and spacer board. Use modeling clay to create a gasket. Use non-sulfur based clay only. This will prevent rubber from going underneath model. Modeling clay will fill negative space between original model and spacer board. Remove excess clay.
Step Three: Acorn Nuts will be Used to Create Registration Keys
Hot melt glue will be used to secute acorn nuts. Place extra key for mold orientation.
Step Four: Assemble and Seal Mold Box
Screw melamine boards together with dray wall screws. Seal seams with hot melt glue.
Step Five: Release Mold Box and Model
Apply Universal Mold Release to all surfaces.
Step Six: Measure, Mix and Pour VytaFlex 40 Mold Rubber
VytaFlex 40 mix ratio: 1 part A to 1 part B by volume. Measure, mix, and pour the liquid rubber. Do not pour beyond sink hole. Let rubber cure for 16 hours at room temperature.
Step Seven: Prepare to Make Second Half of Mold
Use non-sulfur clay to fill in surface irregularities. Measure and cut reverse side baseboard. Secure reverse side baseboard. Turn over mold box. Remove original baseboard to expose concave half of model. Remove spacer board. Remove acorn nuts from rubber mold. Remove clay gasket. Remove clay residue.
Step Eight: Seal Drill Holes and Release Mold Box
Fill drill holes with non-sulfur clay. Seal seams with hot melt glue. Apply Universal Mold Release to all surfaces.
Step Nine: Measure, Mix and Pour VytaFlex 40 Mold Rubber
Let rubber cure for 16 hours at room temperature.
Step Ten: Demold Original Model
Remove mold box side walls. Gently pry original model to expose mold cavity. Concrete mold ready for casting.
Step Eleven: Casting Concrete
Apply In and Out II release agent to all surfaces. Secure 2-part mold with straps and baseboards. Place mold on vibration table. Fill mold with concrete and vibrate. Let concrete cure 24 hours.
Step Twelve: Demold Concrete Casting
A perfect concrete reproduction of the original. Concrete mold is ready to be cast again.
Make It Now! with Smooth-On
Standard YouTube License
- 8:25 Mold Making Tutorial: Two-Piece Urethane Rubber Core Moldby Smooth-On, Inc.169,873 views
- 11:42 Concrete Innovation of the Year - Concrete Furnitureby Smooth-On, Inc.67,415 views
- 4:06 Making Large Scale Formliners with VytaFlex | Mold Making Demoby Smooth-On, Inc.120,231 views
- 9:41 Concrete Fence Exhibits Level of Detail Never Seen Before!by Smooth-On, Inc.416,490 views
- 14:47 Lifecasting Tutorial: Gel-10 Body Mold Part 2by Brick In The Yard Mold Supply100,145 views
- 4:05 Two more cement countertops.mpgby robert Brown328,464 views
- 4:13 Modelling-board / hard-board milling with Kolb StudioLine Mby KolbTechnology347,917 views
- 3:05 Casting an aluminium gear - Victoria (Vancouver Island) Maker Faireby medianet victoria20,483 views
- 57 videos Play all Concreto Decorativoby superrvc
- 5:30 Vacuum Formingby DevalOliveira48,971 views
- 2:53 Concrete Overlay Made With European Fan Stencil Design. Beautiful and durable.by salsalavie1,106,646 views
- 8:38 Decorative Concreteby askthedecorator634,072 views
- 13:23 How to Stamp Concreteby SolomonColors974,515 views
- 20:56 Stegmeier Corporation Concrete Counter Top Installation Videoby Dan Clark398,140 views
- 5:08 marble plaster, marble plastering, venetian plastering, venetian plaster, polished plasteringby ukmarbleplasterer268,266 views
- 6:33 How to Break Rocks and Concrete Easily with Dexpan. Rock Breaking, Concrete Cutting Demolition Groutby www.Dexpan.com101,095 views
- 9:46 Updated - Glove Molding Systemsby freemanmfg213,362 views
- 3:06 Мраморлитby Oladyshok302,931 views
- 7:29 Concrete Countertop Installationby Mark Silva28,323 views
- 5:47 Impossible Dovetailby Jack Houweling850,658 views