- Startups : Seoul, South Korea Meetup - TWiST #184
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 27, 2011
Join our new mailing list and be the first to learn about upcoming guests: http://thisweekin.com/email
1:00-3:00 Welcome everyone, to the TWiST Seoul, South Korea meetup!
3:00-4:30 Thank you to Carbonite for sponsoring the show! Go to Carbonite.com for a free trial and send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered to win a Macbook Air!
4:30-6:00 Hello Jason Demant, leader of the Seoul meetup!
6:00-7:00 Thank you to Seoul Space for sponsoring this meetup. Go to http://seoulspace.co.kr/ for more information.
7:00-9:00 First up is Victor Ching of DiDiNetworks, an outdoor ad display network that targets customers demographically and geographically.
9:00-9:30 How can you be sure of the demographic you're buying?
9:30-10:00 Jason gives the pitch a 7 and the idea a 7 or 8.
12:30-14:15 Are there competitors in your market in Seoul?
14:15-14:45 Tyler gives DiDiNetwork a 7.5.
14:45-16:30 Josh Kim pitches AdbyMe, an advertising network that allows customers to write ads and get a revenue share per click.
17:30-18:30 Jason gives the pitch an 8.
18:30-19:15 Tyler: I like it, but you could add is a hint of what's next. I give the pitch an 8.5.
20:00-22:00 Next is Richard Choi from Spoqa, a social loyalty card program that lets you earn points for your purchases and for your friends purchases.
23:00-25:30 Jason gives the pitch an 8 and the business a 9; Tyler does as well.
26:00-29:45 Thank you to MailChimp for sponsoring the show!
29:45-32:00 Tae Woo Kim pitches Moglue, an interactive eBook publishing platform that makes your books available for download.
33:45-35:30 Jason gives the pitch a 6 and the idea a 7--and Tyler does too.
36:30-37:30 Next, Oakyoon Cha pitches ShortEnuf, a temporary 5-letter domain shortener.
37:30-40:00 Jason shows the ShortEnuf website.
40:00-41:30 Tyler gives the pitch a 5.5 and the business a 5. Jason gives a 5 for both.
42:15-44:00 What's the best scenario you've used this short code for?
44:30-46:00 Insight from Tyler: It's like chewing your own toenails.
49:00-50:00 The last pitch is from Peter Yoon of PartyMonster, a site for group buying for clubs, concerts and venues in South Korea.
52:00-52:30 I think if you had a very tight, niche mailing list for this, that would be a great addition.
52:30-53:45 What do you give it Tyler?
56:00-57:45 Jason thinks Tyler's number one is Spoqa and his number two is Moglue (but it's really AdbyMe). Tyler thinks AdbyMe was Jason's number one pick. (It's not, it's his number two). Jason's number one is Spoqa.
57:45-59:00 Spoqua is the winner and has won a table at the LAUNCH Conference.
59:00-01:01:00 What is your company, Jason? (Unanchor.com)
01:01:00-01:01:45 Thank you so much for organizing this, Jason. Great work.
01:01:45-01:02:00 Thank you to Carbonite and MailChimp for sponsoring the show.
Support This Week in Startups and independent media by joining the TWiST Producer Program at TwistList.co!
Multilingual? Translate this episode of TWiST into another language and email the transcript to email@example.com
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Jason D.: @lifeaftercubes
Keep up with the latest from our sister company LAUNCH:
Groupon CEO Memo: Pleased With Growth, Says August a Pivotal Month
Google+ Now Lets You Ignore People (without Blocking Them)
Michael Robertson: "MP3tunes Wins Lawsuit - Have Confidence In Your Locker!"
Klout the Next Force in Book Publishing? Influencers Get Early Access to New Stephen King Novel
Five Airbnb Rentals in Dangerous Neighborhoods
Special thanks to the members of the TWiST Backchannel Producer Program! See a list of all the members of the program at twistlist.co
Louis-Eric Simard, Benjamin Gifford, Jacek Artymiak, Octavian Mihai, Will Paoletto, Geoffrey Clapp, Eien Hyett, Jeff Hoffer, Kyle Lonzo, Austin Miller, Rashaun Sourles, Robb Kunz, Greg Berry, Sean Lynch, Mary Ann Halford, Jim Joyce, Morgan Howard, Margaret Johns, Kyle M. Brown, Paul Cole, Nick Duncan, Magnus Ingvarsson, Amir Ayalon, Carlos Zaidenweber, Avery Keitt, Joshua Shipsey
Next in - Startups: Season 3
- 1:37:20 - Startups - Eric Ries of Lean Startup - TWiST #199by This Week In Startups26,617 views
- 1:20:07 TWiST South Africa Meetup - TWiST #194by This Week In Startups4,282 views
- 45:27 - Startups - London Meetup on TWiST #153by This Week In Startups2,089 views
- 1:23:38 - Startups - TWiST Santiago, Chile Meetup- TWiST #200by This Week In Startups3,247 views
- 45:10 TWiST Santiago, Chile Meetup - TWiST #168by This Week In Startups9,593 views
- 29:28 Furious World Tour - Seoul, Korea - Kimchi, Taekwondo and More - Abenteuer Leben | Furious Peteby Furious Pete587,896 views
- 1:27:44 - Startups - Sweden vs. South Africa Meetup - TWiST #260by This Week In Startups5,046 views
- 6:00 How to Flirt in Koreaby simonandmartinabonus489,656 views
- 1:19:22 - Startups - Kevin Rose of Milk - TWiST #218by This Week In Startups18,345 views
- 13:55 Gamblerz vs T.I.P. | STRIFE. | Chelles Battle Pro Korea 2014 | Final Battleby Strife.battles25,631 views
- 6:31 Clubs and Nightlife in Koreaby simonandmartinabonus242,338 views
- 1:27:18 Shark Tank Takeover - TWiST #183by This Week In Startups7,500 views
- 1:13:49 - Startups - TWiST Meetup, London vs. Berlin - TWiST #270by This Week In Startups7,825 views
- 38:35 Travis Kalanick Startup Lessons from the Jam Pad - Tech Cocktail Startup Mixologyby techcocktail1,457 views
- 10:30 Strolling through Samchungdong, Seoulby Eat Your Kimchi252,623 views
- 1:13:59 - Startups - TWiST Seoul Meetup - TWiST #215by This Week In Startups3,641 views
- 1:17:40 - Startups - TWiST Paris Meetup #164by This Week In Startups5,916 views
- 53:15 TWiST London Meetup - TWiST #209by This Week In Startups2,502 views
- 1:19:49 - Startups - News Roundtable with Paul Kedrosky and William Quigley - TWiST #182by This Week In Startups2,799 views