Authors@Google: Gary Taubes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 4, 2011
Gary Taubes spoke to Googlers in Mountain View on May 2, 2011 about his book Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It.
About the book:
An eye-opening, myth-shattering examination of what makes us fat, from acclaimed science writer Gary Taubes.
Building upon this critical work in Good Calories, Bad Calories, Taubes revisits the urgent question of what's making us fat and how we can change in this exciting new book. Persuasive, straightforward, and practical, Why We Get Fat makes Taubess crucial argument newly accessible to a wider audience.
Taubes reveals the bad nutritional science of the last century, none more damaging or misguided than the calories-in, calories-out model of why we get fat, and the good science that has been ignored, especially regarding insulins regulation of our fat tissue. He also answers the most persistent questions: Why are some people thin and others fat? What roles do exercise and genetics play in our weight? What foods should we eat, and what foods should we avoid?
Packed with essential information and concluding with an easy-to-follow diet, Why We Get Fat is an invaluable key in our understanding of an international epidemic and a guide to what each of us can do about it.
About the Author:
Gary Taubes is a contributing correspondent for Science magazine, and his writing has also appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times Magazine, and Esquire. His work has been included in The Best of the Best American Science Writing (2010), and has received three Science in Society Journalism Awards from the National Association of Science Writers, the only print journalist so recognized. He is currently a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Investigator in Health Policy Research at the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby UCtelevisionFeatured 3,529,463
- 59:18 Authors@Google: Dr. Mark Hymanby AtGoogleTalks 34,904 views
- 46:43 Authors@Google: Dan Savage and Terry Millerby AtGoogleTalks 26,827 views
- 1:12:38 Authors@Google: Neil deGrasse Tysonby AtGoogleTalks 220,194 views
- 1:25:27 Authors@Google: Dario Nardi - Neuroscience of Personalityby AtGoogleTalks 30,375 views
- 172 videos Play all Healthby cannibalcheerleaders
- 1:24:07 Why We Get Fat: Diet Trends and Food Policyby stanfordmedicine 10,445 views
- 1:22:50 What if it's All Been a Big Fat Lieby mercola 31,153 views
- 0:00 Gary Taubes MS — Calories vs Carbohydrates: Clearing up Confusion over Competing Obesity Paradigmsby AncestryFoundation 2,515 views
- 1:03:42 Nutrients for Better Mental Performanceby GoogleTechTalks 157,230 views
- Gary Taubes 343 videos133
- 49:09 Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat: An Alternative Hypothesis of Obesityby ClevelandHeartLab 3,155 views
- 56:10 The Obesity-Cancer Connection Panel: Metabolism, Diet and Disease conferenceby BioMedCentral 6,302 views
- 38:49 Dr Eric Westman - Duke University New Atkins Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss and Healthby drcldrcl 29,275 views
- 1:26:33 Obesity: Ten Things You Thought You Knewby UCtelevision 91,587 views
- 53:35 Enjoy Eating Saturated Fats: They're Good for You. Donald W. Miller, Jr., M.D.by jersnav 116,000 views
- 59:28 Change your Mind Change your Brain: The Inner Conditions...by Google 529,843 views
- 56:37 Fad Diets: What Really Works for Weight Lossby UCtelevision 39,877 views
- 24:23 CrossFit - Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat (Condensed)by CrossFit 9,362 views
- 1:28:32 Metabolism and Nutrition: The Inside Story of Obesityby UCtelevision 41,962 views
- 9:59 4 of 10 - Gary Taubes at the Walnut Creek Library on 4/2/11 - Rivendell Bicycle Worksby RivBikeWorks 6,215 views
- 18:30 JumpstartMD presents Gary Taubes, author of Why We Get Fat - Part 1by JumpstartMD 4,175 views
- Loading more suggestions...