Published on Jan 8, 2014
Pack a Brave inspired lunch full of adventurous flavor, complete with bow, arrows, bear -- and even locks of Merida's fiery hair!
Enjoy this easy and delicious recipe from our friends at Magic of Healthy Living.
•3 oz salmon, precooked
•1/4 cup carrots, chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled
•¼ cup cucumber, chopped
•¼ cup plain greek yogurt
•1 tbsp parsley, chopped
•½ tsp garlic, chopped
•1 tsp lemon juice
•1/8 tsp salt
•1/8 tsp pepper
•6 asparagus spears
•1 bell pepper slice
•1 tsp sesame oil
•1/8 cup raisins
•1/2 apple, sliced
•1 tsp honey
•4 whole-wheat crackers
•1 sheet nori, small
1. For the salmon salad, in a large bowl mix together the salmon, chopped carrots, cucumber, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, yogurt, salt and pepper.
2. For the carrot ribbon salad, make carrot ribbons using a veggie peeler and place them in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to curl. Drain water and toss ribbons with sesame oil and raisins.
3. To make asparagus arrows, trim the spears to fit the box and slice in half lengthwise. Slice a bell pepper to make the bow.
4. For a healthy dessert, slice half an apple, place in box and drizzle with honey.
5. Now make your salmon salad look like a bear! Use an ice cream scoop and add a scoop of the salmon salad to your bento box. Tuck the whole-wheat crackers into the scoop to form ears. Place a cucumber round on top of the salmon salad to form a nose and mouth. Use carrot rounds for eyes, nori to make a mouth and a raisin for the nose.
SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney Insider videos are posted: http://di.sn/SubscribeInsider
Get more from Disney!
Disney YouTube: http://di.sn/SubscribeDisney
Like Disney: http://Facebook.com/Disney
Follow Disney: http://Twitter.com/Disney
Disney Tumblr: http://disney.tumblr.com/
Disney Google+: http://plus.google.com/+Disney/posts
Disney Instagram: http://Instagram.com/Disney