How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bag
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 12, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Ice Cream Recipes videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/249-Ice...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
No ice cream? No problem! You probably have the ingredients at home to whip some up.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Put ingredients in smaller bag
Put the milk and sugar in the quart-sized bag and seal it. For vanilla ice cream, add vanilla extract; for chocolate ice cream, add cocoa powder. Throw in a quarter of a cup of chocolate or butterscotch chips if you like.
Experiment with other varieties by using ½ to 1 tsp. of flavored syrups like strawberry or caramel or extracts like lemon or almond.
Step 2: Make an ice bag
Put the ice and the salt in the gallon-sized bag.
Step 3: Put small bag inside big one
Put the smaller bag inside the bigger bag and seal it.
Step 4: Shake it
Shake the larger bag vigorously for seven to 10 minutes.
Wear winter gloves while you shake; the bag is cold!
Step 5: Enjoy
Remove the small bag, which now contains ice cream. Snip a hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze it into a dish. Makes one serving.
Did You Know?
In the 1920s, immigrants arriving on Ellis Island were served vanilla ice cream as part of their "Welcome to America" meal.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:40 Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 359by Laura in the Kitchen Featured 626,490
- 2:10 How to Make Ice Cream Filled Cupcakesby Howcast436,981 views
- 1:35 How to Win at Heads or Tails Every Timeby Howcast2,890,656 views
- 2:01 How to Make Fried Ice Creamby Howcast980,446 views
- RRcherrypie 158 videos940K
- 2:36 How to Make Chocolate Ice Creamby Howcast274,931 views
- 11:11 Betty's "Melt-in-Your-Mouth" Oreo Trufflesby Betty's Kitchen247,997 views
- 3:48 How To Make Donuts - Secrets to Homemade Donutsby WaysAndHow333,723 views
- 21:48 Living a Transgender Childhoodby Genderkinderen2,429,100 views
- 6:06 Making Charm Bracelets and Necklaces with Chainby BijouxBM34,424 views
- 20:37 How To Attach Knives To Your Boots / Shoesby cutlerylover25,172 views
- 3:58 Home Made Ice Cream (made in a blender!) - RECIPEby OnePotChefShow1,028,129 views
- 8:58 HOT BUNS- DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?by grav3yardgirl1,773,212 views
- 4:42 HOW TO MAKE POTATO CHIPS (3 Ingredients)by Nicko's Kitchen1,347,912 views
- 7:21 How To Make Rainbow Bread - with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 - the diet free zone3,781,864 views
- 0:55 5-Minute Ice Creamby Instructables842,552 views
- 9:11 How I Lost 10 Pounds + Diet Tipsby clothesencounters1,398,498 views
- 8:07 How To Make Raw Pizzaby RawPleasureAustralia134,837 views
- 5:53 How to: Perfect Low Bunby Luxy Hair5,967,817 views
- 5:01 HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PANCAKES IN THE WORLDby Kind Kyttocks4,113,280 views