P-Noy's State of the Nation Address (SONA), 23 July 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 23, 2012
Session Hall, House of Representatives, Batasan Pambansa Complex, Quezon City, | News Releases below | Speech (Full text) : English version | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012-engli... | Tagalog version | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012/SONA%... | Audio | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/pnoy/State%20o... | Photos: | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012/photo... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012/photo... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012/photo... | Special SONA website | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/sona2012.htm |
Aquino's State of the Nation Address earned positive reactions
President Benigno S. Aquino III earned positive reactions from the members of both Houses of Congress - the Senate and the House of Representatives - as he delivered his third State of the Nation Address (SONA) in over two years of his six-year term of office.
In his SONA before the Joint Session of the 15th Congress at the Batasang Pambansa in Quezon City on Monday, President Aquino was applauded one hundred and twenty one (121) times by the audience and a standing ovation during the whole duration of his SONA which was also witnessed by the members of the cabinet, business groups, religious sector, youth and members of the Diplomatic Corps, among others.
The Chief Executive cited the major reforms being implemented in the government that has brought considerable progress to the nation and eventually uplifted the living standards of the Filipinos.
The President, together with his party, arrived at the Batasan Complex at exactly 3:40 p.m. via the Presidential convoy. Upon his arrival, the President was received by Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff Gen. Jessie Dellosa, House Sergeant at Arms Police Chief Superintendent Nicasio Radovan Jr. (Ret.) and Senate Sergeant at Arms MGen. Jose Balajadia Jr. (Ret.).
President Aquino then proceeded to the Presidential Legislative Liaison Office, which served as the holding room.
The Joint Session was called into order at exactly 4:00 p.m. by the Senate President and the House Speaker.
The Mandaluyong Children's Choir sang the National Anthem while religious leaders from various religious groups led the opening prayer.
The President's one hour and twenty-minute speech also featured the Aquino administration's continuing initiatives to achieve sustainable development that will ensure a brighter future for the Filipinos and the coming generations. (jcl/6:40 p.m.)
Other news releases: http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/archives2012/j...
-Aquino pushes for modernization plan of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
-Philhealth benefits and services are now available to 85 percent of Filipinos, says Aquino
-Aquino assures Filipinos of adequate protection against calamities, storms through nationwide operational assessment of hazards
-Aquino's State of the Nation Address earned positive reactions
-Aquino vows to distribute all lands covered by Comprehensive Agrarian Program during his term
-Reforms start to benefit the education sector, Aquino says
-President Aquino pegs retirement benefits of old-age and disability pensioners at P5,000
-Former President Estrada cites Aquino's leadership in pursuing reforms
-President Aquino asks for the public to support the country's claim in the West Philippine Sea
-Aquino remains committed to fight corruption
-President Aquino cites Filipinos as inspiration for his 3rd State of the Nation Address
-Aquino confident Congress will pass law on mining
-Aquino confident about the country achieving targetted 4.6 million tourist arrivals for 2012
-Stronger economy shields the country from global uncertainty, Aquino says
-Aquino cites country's rice, coco coir export potentials
-Government continues to push for reforms in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao to attain genuine peace
Standard YouTube License
- 58:10 State of the Nation Address 2012 (Part 1/2)by TheABSCBNNewsFeatured 52,774
- 4:52 ABS-CBN network turned sour when PNoy attacked its top anchor in his congratulatory speech.by Daniel Gidotti 26,112 views
- 1:17:42 Malacañang Documentary 1998by RTVMalacanang 48,208 views
- 5:26 SONA: AFP, 'di raw kayang ipagtanggol ang Pilipinas sakaling kailangang makipagdigmaby gmanews 3,577 views
- 8:46 CNN interview with PNOY part 1by Joe Leyden 17,834 views
- 4:19 PRES. NOYNOY AQUINO VS. SEN. BONGBONG MARCOS: PHILIPPINES COULD HAVE BEEN SINGAPORE NOW?by PINASISM6 148,065 views
- 43:13 YouTube World View Interview: Philippine President Benigno Aquino IIIby TheABSCBNNews 24,341 views
- 11 videos Play all SONA 2012by PTVPhilippines
- 15:00 ILANTAD ANG BAHO NG ANGKAN AQUINO-COJUANGCO!by AntiPinoyTV 142,064 views
- 4:52 Aquino lambasts Noli de Castro at "TV Patrol" celebrationby jericpenareports 116,758 views
- 21:55 PNoy SONA 2012 Part 3by gmanews 5,040 views
- 5:06 President Aquino's Interview with CNN's John Defteriosby RTVMalacanang 17,128 views
- 2:10:03 PNOY SONA 2012by news5philippines 28,500 views
- 2:21 Forget China and India, it's time for "Breakout Nations" - Investing 201by ReutersTV 150,223 views
- 52:39 SONA July 23, 2012 PNOY - Audio Clipby nilosking 5,305 views
- 4:02 Aquino Assassination 1983by Jim Laurie 162,722 views
- 24:33 PNoy SONA 2012 Part 2by gmanews 4,837 views
- 12:16 The Philippine Development Plan 2011-2016by NEDA Phils 40,105 views
- 5:41 SONA: Philippine Air Force, bibili ng karagdagang aircraftby gmanews 46,597 views
- 7:59 philstar.com video: P-Noy's SONA part 4by philstarcom 11,533 views
- 1:11 Bright Year for the Philippine Economyby Pili Pinas 11,240 views
- Loading more suggestions...