COMPLETE TRAIN WRECK: CNN Health Care Ruling FAIL, Full Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 28, 2012
CNN and Fox News were left with egg on their faces on Thursday, as they got the Supreme Court's ruling on President Obama's health care law wrong.
The trouble started early for CNN. Congressional correspondent Kate Boulduan read out part of the Court's ruling, which said that the individual mandate could not be upheld using the Commerce Clause. Disastrously, though, it failed to pick up the other part of the ruling, which said that it could be upheld as a tax.
"Wow, that's a dramatic moment," Wolf Blitzer said, as a chyron saying "SUPREME CT. KILLS INDIVIDUAL MANDATE" flashed on the screen.
"The Justices have just gutted, Wolf, the centerpiece provision of the health care law," John King said, adding that it was a "direct blow to President Obama."
Later, Boulduan returned to correct the initial report. She said that the Court had released a "very confusing large opinion" and that on the second read, it was apparent that the network had gotten it wrong. "The entire law has been upheld, Wolf," she said.
She said that the decision was "thick" and "legally dense," scanning the papers on-air.
"It's a huge, huge victory for President Obama," Blitzer said.
Later, the network's chief legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin explained the snafu, saying that the intricacies of the ruling had tripped people up.
"Five minutes into Chief justice Robert's opinion, you would have asked anyone in that room whether this law was going to be held unconstitutional, I think we all would have said yes," he said. "But we were all sitting there, we had to sit till the end, and this turn of events surprised me, that's for sure."
- Huffington Post
Standard YouTube License
- 2:00:28 Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007)by LinguisticTeamIntlFeatured 380,278
- 2:43 Fox News gets Obama Care ruling wrongby Todd Feinburg 13,561 views
- 1:40 Fox News Realizes Its Healthcare Failby NewsPoliticsInfo 16,290 views
- 4:43 FOX NEWS FAIL Lanny Davis OWNS Michelle Malkin and Fox Staff Memberby FighterPilot808 126,748 views
- 1:05 Fox News Healthcare Law Failby NewsPoliticsInfo 3,973 views
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 22,122 videos87
- 1:01 We're Waiting, Billby mediamatters4america 56,361 views
- 12:04 Rush Limbaugh about SCOTUS ObamaCare Decision Part 1 of 2by RepublicHeritage 7,975 views
- 0:43 CNN's Healthcare Law Failby NewsPoliticsInfo 2,022 views
- 6:24 The Fallout: The Republican Reaction To Health Care Reform Rulingby politicalarticles 1,663 views
- 4:30 CNN & Fox News Fail On Supreme Court Health Care Rulingby TheYoungTurks 45,187 views
- 6:48 Supreme Court Upholds Individual Mandateby TheLeakSource 3,915 views
- 5:56 Jay Sekulow on Fox News: What Decision Will the Supreme Court Make?by OfficialACLJ 3,052 views
- 10:34 CNN Announces Obama as the Next President Elect (Obama Wins Virginia then the Election)by GettingtotheTruth2 510,591 views
- 2:12 Jeffrey Toobin on GOP reaction to "Obamacare" rulingby CNN 4,562 views
- 2:15 Tea Party Obamacare reaction at the Supreme Courtby IsBakerHereYet 4,890 views
- 1:51 Bondi tells Scott about health care decision from Supreme Courtby michaelcbender 19,648 views
- 2:27 Fox, CNN Jump The Gun On HealthCare Rulingby tpmtv 16,985 views
- 5:15 CNN Supreme Court FAILby SamSeder 2,533 views
- 5:50 Bill O'Reilly breaks down the Supreme Court Ruling on Health Careby StateOfTheYOUnion 1,187 views
- 4:04 Judge Napolitano: "I Don't Think Justice Roberts Made the Constitutional Decision"by watchmannoyes 1,096 views
- Loading more suggestions...