How to Practice Mindful Eating
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 3, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Healthy Eating videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/204-Hea...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
In a world of fast food and multi-tasking during meals, try mindful eating to break this busy cycle and achieve some inner peace.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Remove distractions
Remove distractions. Turn off the TV or computer and put away reading materials or paperwork.
If practicing mindful eating with others, enhance the experience by sitting together in silence.
Step 2: Sit
Sit in a comfortable position.
Step 3: Examine the orange
Examine the orange you are about to eat. Notice how it feels in your hand. Study the curves and notches on its skin.
These steps can be applied to any meal by attentively considering each bite of food.
Step 4: Consider the orange
Consider how the orange connects you to the world around you -- the place it was grown, the person who picked it, the sun and water that helped it grow.
Step 5: Peel the orange
Peel the orange slowly, paying attention to the sound the peel makes as you tear it and to the smell of citrus released.
Step 6: Taste the orange
Place a piece of orange in your mouth and chew it deliberately. Notice the flavor that bursts forth as you bite down.
Step 7: Pay attention to how you feel
Pay attention to your feelings as you eat the orange. Happy, sad, tired, or otherwise -- don't judge these emotions as good or bad, just as what exist at the moment.
Step 8: Repeat these steps
Continue to give the full attention of your mind and your senses to each piece of orange you eat.
Did You Know?
It requires 100 times the amount of water to produce a pound of meat as it does a pound of wheat.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:14 How to Lose Weight with the Amazing Japanese Morning Banana Dietby Howcast629,759 views
- 1:59 How to Stop Being Lazyby Howcast524,672 views
- 2:30 How to Get Out of an Abusive Relationshipby Howcast87,079 views
- 3:18 How to Play a Real-Life Game of Quidditchby Howcast42,037 views
- 51:49 How to Practice Mindful Eatingby newmindfullife1,540 views
- 1:35:44 Mục đích của đời người - Thích Nhất Hạnhby cattien626,525 views
- 29:28 Food and Addiction: Treating through Mindfulness Awarenessby University of California Television (UCTV)6,715 views
- 21:49 Oprah Winfrey talks with Thich Nhat Hanh Excerpt - Powerfulby Peace IsTheWay225,795 views
- 12:20 1 Mindful Eating :Talk By Zen Master Jan Chozen Bays MD ( Oregonian How We Live by N Haught )1of 3by greatvowvideos5,509 views
- 2:03:50 Thich Nhat Hanh Living Mindfullyby Daniel Atlanta201,000 views
- 10:15 3 Mindful Eating :Talk By Zen Master Jan Chozen Bays MD ( Oregonian How We Live by N Haught )3of 3by greatvowvideos1,762 views
- 10:00 Oryoki Basic Instructions With A Zen Master Chozen Bays Roshi - Mindful Eating Workshop at Great Vowby greatvowvideos10,728 views
- 13:19 5 Foods To NEVER Eatby Insane Home Fat Loss3,491,829 views
- 1:41:26 Thich Nhat Hanh - On Letting Goby SourceOfLightMon96,310 views
- 1:35:37 (HD) Conversations on Compassion with James Doty, MD, and Thich Nhat Hanhby CCARE at Stanford University12,526 views
- 3:47 Mindful Eating Exercise - How To Eat Mindfullyby The Mindfulness Clinic6,462 views
- 3:24:38 Mindfulness as a Foundation for Health: Thich Nhat Hanh and Health@Googleby Talks at Google218,274 views
- 9:30 Introduction to Mindful Eating by Michelle DuVal / The Mindful Centerby MindfulCenter7,753 views
- 5:58 Raisin Meditationby MBSRWorkbook4,728 views
- 7:31 Understanding Mindfulnessby createkindness21,079 views
- Loading more suggestions...