Paddle To The Sea - Classic Children's Film - Part 1 of 3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 9, 2008
Hello Paddle Fans!
Here, finally, is the classic live action film version of "Paddle To The Sea" - shown on Youtube in 3 parts. Paddle To The Sea was filmed by Bill Mason in 1966, and was inspired by the brilliant Children's Book of the same title, written in 1941 by H. C. Holling.
The 1966 film version seen here was eventually nominated for an Academy Award two years later in 1968, for Best Short Film, because it was so beautifully done by the director - Canadian naturalist, master canoeist, artist and filmmaker Bill Mason.
Bill personally hand-carved from wood, in meticulous detail very faithful to the book illustrations, the beautiful wooden "Paddle" models seen in the film.
This story (both book and film version) has been loved by generations of school children for decades as they learn about the history of the Great Lakes region of North America while they follow the exciting adventures of a brave toy Wooden Indian in his tiny but sturdy Canoe (hand carved by a Native Canadian boy from Nipigon Country).
If you'd like to view the entire film online for free please visit this web site:
You can also read the entire classic book online at the same site, with big bright full pages - all for free at the same web site.
Children love the site and can view the film version and/or the book version at the same time from anywhere in the world with internet access.
Paddle To The Sea has been made available online here and at the web site to encourage you to go out and BUY this great piece of art in book form and dvd form. Both are finally available now in the US and Canada.
Let's all make sure this cherished story of Paddle To The Sea, both the book and film version, survives online to reach out across time and space so it will never be lost to our newer generations.
Paddle To The Sea is a beautiful story with a fantastic message - and it's just great fun for all ages too!
To Order The Book in hardcopy, go to the publisher link below or to any major bookstore:
To order the DVD in the USA go to the US distributor at:
To order the DVD film in Canada, go to the late Bill Mason's family site at:
Standard YouTube License
- 10:00 Paddle To The Sea - Classic Children's Film - Part 2 of 3by CitizenXYZ 42,658 views
- 1:26:51 WATERWALKERby nfb 20,257 views
- 27:51 PADDLE TO THE SEAby d jat 8,292 views
- 9:34 Alone in the Wildernessby swererbob 3,123,741 views
- 26:14 Waiting Children (Short Film)by Cinetic 22,072 views
- 89 videos Play all Marco Poloby rarework
- 9:11 Paddle Pop - Cyberion Part II of IV (Hindi)by Souvik Chatterjee 931,535 views
- 24:50 THE RAILRODDERby nfb 34,987 views
- 9:07 Across Canada in a Canoeby transcanadian2005 34,313 views
- 2:08 WINTER OF THE WITCH (1968) Magic blueberry pancakes * Old Black Witch * Trippy classroom film!by TaylorHamKid 13,067 views
- 10:05 Dennis the Menace: Dinosaur Hunter - Part 1/9by troodon311 121,568 views
- 7:58 Paddle To The Sea - Classic Children's Film - Part 3 of 3by CitizenXYZ 31,126 views
- 1:17:05 The Mouse And His Child - Animated Movie - 1977by CaptainSlug 719,335 views
- 9:52 Halo Hindi Movie (1997) Part 3by sandeepvera 48,183 views
- 9:48 Paddle To Be Freeby Rolf Kraiker 72,117 views
- 5:21 Ukraine's got talent very cute children performance (english subtitles)by katerinaao 10,000,918 views
- 0:33 Walls Paddle Pop Pyrata part 1.mpgby didotprihadi 110,915 views
- 47:09 JoNaLu deutsch - Der Wandertag & Apfelmus fuer die Jonalu´s Kinderfilm (HD).mp4by KinderClick 30,806 views
- 9:59 The Sweater - Roch Carrier (HD)by innohockey13 59,476 views
- 0:51 The Rise and Fall of the Great Lakesby C Lindemann 7,892 views
- 8:31 Carving the Greenland Paddle - Part 1by mattjohnson00 28,028 views
- Loading more suggestions...