Green Acres Television Star Frank Cady Talks About The Andy Griffith Show And Career
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 1, 2009
PLEASE NOTE YOUTUBE THIS IS SOME OF MY PERSONAL INTERVIEW WITH FRANK CADY. DO NOT REMOVE! NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS HERE!
This is a personal interview I did with hollywood actor frank cady.
Frank Cady -- born September 8, 1915 is an American actor best known for his recurring and popular role as storekeeper Sam Drucker in three US television series during the 1960s: Petticoat Junction, Green Acres and The Beverly Hillbillies.
Born in Susanville, California, Cady attended Stanford University, where he was involved with the campus humor magazine, the Stanford Chaparral. He served in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
Cady began acting in 1947. In 1950 he had an uncredited speaking role in the classic film noir drama D.O.A. (as Sam the bartender in Banning, California) and another uncredited role in George Pál's 1951 film When Worlds Collide (as the assistant who pushes the wheelchair belonging to John Hoyt's character). Cady had a prominent role in Billy Wilder's film Ace in the Hole (also known as The Big Carnival). He had a small non-speaking role, seen mostly in long shot, in one of Alfred Hitchcock's most prestigious films, Rear Window. He can also be seen in the 1950 film Father of the Bride requesting a martini from Spencer Tracy during the engagement party.
In the 1950s Cady played Doc Williams in Ozzie and Harriet along with numerous supporting parts in movies and also appeared in television commercials for (among other products) Shasta Grape Soda. Cady has been most prolific in television and was the only actor to play a recurring character on three TV sitcoms at the same time, The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres and Petticoat Junction, from 1968 to 1969. He also was one of only three co-stars of Petticoat Junction who stayed with the series for its entire seven-year run along with Edgar Buchanan and Linda Henning, appearing in 170 of the show's 222 episodes.
Cady married his wife Shirley in 1940. Shirley, born Shirley Katherine Jones, died August 22, 2008, at the age of 91.
They have two children, three grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.
Frank Cady is an American actor best known for his role as storekeeper Sam Drucker in the "Green Acres" and "Petticoat Junction" television series, which both ran at the same time in the 1960s. He also made guest appearances in "The Beverly Hillbillies", also as Sam Drucker.
Frank also has the honor of being the only actor to play a recurring character on three TV sitcoms at the same time, "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Green Acres", and "Petticoat Junction", from 1968 to 1969. He also is one of only three co-stars of "Petticoat Junction" who stayed with the series for its entire seven-year run along with Edgar Buchanan and Linda Henning.
He also played Doc Williams in "Ozzie and Harriet", as well as numerous supporting parts in movies, and has also appeared in television commercials for (among other products) Shasta Grape Soda. One significant film role was in George Pál's 1951 film "When Worlds Collide". There he was the assistant to the John Hoyt character who pushes his wheelchair. He also had a prominent role in Billy Wilder's film "Ace in the Hole", also known as "The Big Carnival". Cady had a small role (with no dialogue, and seen mostly in long shot) in one of Alfred Hitchcock's most prestigious films, "Rear Window". He can also be seen in the 1950 film "Father of the Bride", requesting a martini from Spencer Tracy during the engagement party.
Frank attended Stanford University, where he was involved with the campus humor magazine, the Stanford Chaparral.
He served in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. He has been married to his wife, Shirley, since 1940 and they have two children.
Standard YouTube License
- 24:23 Petticoat Junction - Last Chance Farmby AllegroMediaMovies Featured 18,191
- 23:36 The Andy Griffith Show "High Noon In Mayberry" (1963)by PublicDomain .Video8,921 views
- 14:44 Return to Green Acres - Part Oneby KnightRiderLuver965,583 views
- 9:59 Eva Gabor on The Joan Rivers Show - 1990by William French48,497 views
- 9:58 1993: Jerry Springer with the Beverly Hillbillies Cast, pt. 1 of 2!!by videoholic90sA162,294 views
- 8:03 The Andy Griffith Show Reunion (1993)by Retrotreasures77,389 views
- 62 videos Play all Green Acres/Petticoat Junctionby ZiggyWalsh
- 3:27 Classic Hank Kimballby John Gramaglia32,392 views
- 8:18 Green Acres - a few scenes with Mr.Haney (2)by MyyyClips38,158 views
- 25:49 Andy Griffith "The Pickle Story" (1961)by Ray Oates13,236 views
- 25:31 The Beverly Hillbillies (Season 1 - Ep. 1) The Clampetts Strby Robert Ian Hawdon545,122 views
- 8:29 Sexy Lisa Douglas - Green Acres (Shower scene)by philllipppppe147,262 views
- 5:05 An Interview With Actor Andy Griffithby johnswackyworld9,392 views
- 2:43 Gilligan's Island opportunity missedby madencowboy585,642 views
- 2:34 Ron Howard discusses working with Andy Griffith - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORGby TVLEGENDS91,743 views
- 5:17 Hollywood Actor Frank Cady Diesby johnswackyworld1,253 views
- 7:40 Petticoat Junction Opening Titles Comparisonby jared82ca55,776 views
- 7:54 Tom "Eb" Lester Testimonyby CookBaptistChurch10,000 views
- 6:24 Jim Longworth interviews Betty Lynnby Jim Longworth17,332 views
- 2:39 MERIDETH McCREA & GORDON McCREAby tvdays33,160 views