Uploaded on Apr 15, 2011
So, hey. This is what I announced in my "Answers!" video - and it's finally official. And I am grinning an evil grin from ear to ear.
Why is this especially evil of me?
***WHAT YOU HEAR WILL NOT BE WHAT THE FINISHED PIECES WILL SOUND LIKE AT ALL!***
I plan on revamping them entirely (but keeping them more-or-less structurally similar to what you hear here) and releasing them as a paid download on Bandcamp and CDBaby - possibly even iTunes.
Download the MIDIs here:
This file can be used in conjunction with the Harmony game:
^ (Download it to your Harmony folder and click and drag it onto the EXE.) ^
Here's a quick rundown of what you hear in this video. The MIDI pack includes 12 brand-new MIDIs (plus an introductory song for the game's title screen).
1. Insurgence - Hectic drum 'n' bass/hard rock fusion piece, for the first level.
2. Desperate Intruder - Sinister and sombre orchestral piece.
3. Cryptology - Moody tribal/ambient piece with haunting flutes.
4. Action Stations - A high-octane techno ravefest with bits of orchestra, used for a huge city level.
5. Sick Building Syndrome - Powerful 6/4 orchestral tune with electronic smatterings, used for a ruined hospital.
6. Pipeline - Dark electro tune for a large weapons factory.
7. Flood Gates - Mysterious electronic/acoustic mixture for an underground base.
8. Running Out of Steam - Fast-paced techno for an infested airport.
9. Engage - Slow, groovy, electronic synthfest, for a massive launch base.
10. Mutated Paradise - Haunting ambient piece with a cool bassline.
11. Hall of Faces - Dark and sad piano/choir piece for the final level.
12. The Killing Blow - Something epic for the game's ending. (30 second snippet)
I do apologize wholeheartedly for not updating this channel in a while. I'm a little further behind my 100-video milestone than I would like to have been by this point of the year. I'll try my damned-est to upload more songs in the near future, however random or unpolished they are.
It has taken me many months just to get the MIDIs sounding acceptable, so I hope you enjoy this and eagerly anticipate the album release. :D
I'm appreciative of all the feedback I've been getting lately and would love some thoughts on these songs. Until then, see ya. :)
Please like, comment, subscribe, etc.
Standard YouTube License