Fighting for Veterans' Jobs: Keep the Pressure on Congress to Pass the President's Jobs Plan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 21, 2011
Share this video: http://my.barackobama.com/veteransjob...
Mike McCarry, a Vietnam War Veteran, shares his story on transitioning back to civilian life after his service in the Vietnam War. It wasn't easy for Mike --he felt like he was out there by himself. He doesn't want this to happen to our troops from Iraq that are scheduled to return by the end of this year.
That's why he supports the President on asking Congress to take action on jobs. The Veterans portion of the President's jobs bill provides support to transition our vets from combat to careers, and offers employers tax credits for hiring veterans.
"VOW to Hire Heroes Act" is one part of President Obama's plan to get Americans back to work and provide economic security for middle-class families. But the fight for American jobs isn't over --and we need your support to keep the pressure on Congress.
"All those provisions in the job bill are very important...We need all of our politicians working for the greater good of all the people in this country. President Obama has my support. He is for people like me. He has the best interest of the country and the people. That's the work he's doing. It's something we have to fight for. You always have to fight for the good things in life."
Here's what's next: after Thanksgiving, the Senate will vote on extending President Obama's payroll tax cut, which puts $1,500 in the pockets of the typical middle-class family. It's the provision that Mitt Romney called a "little band-aid" -- but $1,500 wouldn't be a band-aid for me or Mike McCarry -- and probably not for you either.
Our job right now is to make sure Congress does the right thing again. Share this video and spread the word: http://my.barackobama.com/veteransjob...
Standard YouTube License
- 8:52 Dinner with Barack: Two Teachers, an Army Veteran, a Small Business Owner, and The Presidentby BarackObamadotcom 310,228 views
- 2:45 Obama 2012: 2011 Summer Organizers have lunch with President Barack Obamaby BarackObamadotcom 90,745 views
- 3:17 Blueprint for an America Built to Last: President Obama's Osawatomie Speechby BarackObamadotcom 45,730 views
- 0:52 Video Preview: Dinner with Barackby BarackObamadotcom 23,842 views
- 3:15 Veterans Day 2011: Honoring our Nation's Veterans for their Service and Sacrificeby BarackObamadotcom 30,561 views
- 2:30 Obama, the Guy with the Purple Shirt, and a Promise Keptby BarackObamadotcom 139,971 views
- 3:30 More Jobs for Americans: Stand with President Obama to Continue the Fight for Jobsby BarackObamadotcom 177,980 views
- 2:12 Home for the Holidays: Share Why You're Working to Re-elect President Obamaby BarackObamadotcom 108,956 views
- 4:02 Welcome Home, Michael: a Dad, a Husband, and a Marine -- Happy Holidaysby BarackObamadotcom 99,163 views
- 4:14 Jim Messina: One Million Person-to-Person Conversations - Obama For Americaby BarackObamadotcom 37,284 views
- 4:32 The Story of Usby BarackObamadotcom 794,312 views
- 5:49 President Obama Repeals "Don't Ask Don't Tell" - Veterans speakby BarackObamadotcom 176,013 views
- 5:13 A Firefighter, a Postal Worker, a Veteran, and an Educator Have Dinner with Barackby BarackObamadotcom 100,581 views
- 6:22 Faces of Change: Lilly Ledbetter's Equal Pay Storyby BarackObamadotcom 104,172 views
- 4:46 Obama 2012 Campaign: Q2 Fundraising Resultsby BarackObamadotcom 101,835 views
- 3:10 President Obama Appoints Richard Cordray to Lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureauby BarackObamadotcom 63,063 views
- 3:39 President Obama Announces Veterans Jobs Initiativeby BarackObamadotcom 32,364 views
- 1:05 Dinner with Barack: My Father's Impactby BarackObamadotcom 68,816 views
- 4:39 What We're Fighting Forby BarackObamadotcom 114,901 views
- 3:22 Jim Messina: Paths to 270 Electoral Votes -- Obama For Americaby BarackObamadotcom 104,256 views