Fighting for Veterans' Jobs: Keep the Pressure on Congress to Pass the President's Jobs Plan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 21, 2011
Share this video: http://my.barackobama.com/veteransjob...
Mike McCarry, a Vietnam War Veteran, shares his story on transitioning back to civilian life after his service in the Vietnam War. It wasn't easy for Mike --he felt like he was out there by himself. He doesn't want this to happen to our troops from Iraq that are scheduled to return by the end of this year.
That's why he supports the President on asking Congress to take action on jobs. The Veterans portion of the President's jobs bill provides support to transition our vets from combat to careers, and offers employers tax credits for hiring veterans.
"VOW to Hire Heroes Act" is one part of President Obama's plan to get Americans back to work and provide economic security for middle-class families. But the fight for American jobs isn't over --and we need your support to keep the pressure on Congress.
"All those provisions in the job bill are very important...We need all of our politicians working for the greater good of all the people in this country. President Obama has my support. He is for people like me. He has the best interest of the country and the people. That's the work he's doing. It's something we have to fight for. You always have to fight for the good things in life."
Here's what's next: after Thanksgiving, the Senate will vote on extending President Obama's payroll tax cut, which puts $1,500 in the pockets of the typical middle-class family. It's the provision that Mitt Romney called a "little band-aid" -- but $1,500 wouldn't be a band-aid for me or Mike McCarry -- and probably not for you either.
Our job right now is to make sure Congress does the right thing again. Share this video and spread the word: http://my.barackobama.com/veteransjob...
Standard YouTube License
- 8:52 Dinner with Barack: Two Teachers, an Army Veteran, a Small Business Owner, and The Presidentby BarackObamadotcom331,680 views
- 3:29 Obama 2012 Campaign Video: Saving Early Voting Rights - Citizens' Veto for Ohio House Bill 194by BarackObamadotcom34,561 views
- 5:13 A Firefighter, a Postal Worker, a Veteran, and an Educator Have Dinner with Barackby BarackObamadotcom106,237 views
- 2:30 Obama, the Guy with the Purple Shirt, and a Promise Keptby BarackObamadotcom142,816 views
- 3:39 President Obama Announces Veterans Jobs Initiativeby BarackObamadotcom32,676 views
- 4:46 Obama 2012 Campaign: Q2 Fundraising Resultsby BarackObamadotcom102,072 views
- 2:52 Latino Community Members Share Why They Support President Obama After His American Jobs Act Speechby BarackObamadotcom16,490 views
- 6:34 Faces of Change: Emily's Health Care Storyby BarackObamadotcom74,922 views
- 2:12 2012 Presidential Election: Volunteer for Barack Obama's Campaignby BarackObamadotcom180,407 views
- 4:39 What We're Fighting Forby BarackObamadotcom115,083 views
- 3:17 Blueprint for an America Built to Last: President Obama's Osawatomie Speechby BarackObamadotcom46,472 views
- 2:49 Ending the War in Iraq: A Promise Keptby BarackObamadotcom76,141 views
- 4:14 Jim Messina: One Million Person-to-Person Conversations - Obama For Americaby BarackObamadotcom37,484 views
- 2:12 Michelle Obama: Join Women for Obamaby BarackObamadotcom33,257 views
- 16:58 The Road We've Traveledby BarackObamadotcom2,610,969 views
- 6:22 Faces of Change: Lilly Ledbetter's Equal Pay Storyby BarackObamadotcom106,572 views
- 4:02 Welcome Home, Michael: a Dad, a Husband, and a Marine -- Happy Holidaysby BarackObamadotcom101,041 views
- 6:14 Obama 2012 Strategy Briefingby BarackObamadotcom237,782 views
- 5:49 President Obama Repeals "Don't Ask Don't Tell" - Veterans speakby BarackObamadotcom178,148 views
- 3:15 Veterans Day 2011: Honoring our Nation's Veterans for their Service and Sacrificeby BarackObamadotcom31,159 views