This video is unavailable.
Francisco d'Anconia's 'Money Speech' from Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 5, 2011
Take advantage of audible.com's special offer and start listening to Ayn Rand on your iPod or Smartphone today. Just click on the link Below.
Get your first 3 months at 50% off. Just $7.49 a month.
The theme of Atlas Shrugged, as Rand described it, is "the role of man's mind in existence". The book explores a number of philosophical themes that Rand would subsequently develop into the philosophy of Objectivism. It advocates the core tenets of Rand's philosophy of Objectivism and expresses her concept of human achievement. In doing so it expresses many facets of Rand's philosophy, such as the advocacy of reason, individualism, the market economy and the failure of government coercion.
Ayn Rand born Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum, February 2 1905 -- March 6, 1982), was a Russian-American novelist, philosopher, playwright, and screenwriter. She is known for her two best-selling novels and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism. Born and educated in Russia, Rand migrated to the United States in 1926. She worked as a screenwriter in Hollywood and had a play produced on Broadway in 1935--1936. She first achieved fame with her 1943 novel The Fountainhead. Over a decade later, she published her magnum opus, the philosophical novel Atlas Shrugged, in 1957.
Rand's political views, reflected in both her fiction and nonfiction work, emphasize individual rights (including property rights) and laissez-faire capitalism, enforced by a constitutionally limited government. She was a fierce opponent of all forms of collectivism and statism, including fascism, communism, socialism, and the welfare state, and promoted ethical egoism while rejecting the ethic of altruism. She considered reason to be the only means of acquiring knowledge and its advocacy the most important aspect of her philosophy, stating, "I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows."
Standard YouTube License
- 9:55 The Trial of Hank Rearden (Atlas Shrugged Part 2)by TheAtlasSociety 32,527 views
- 8:48 AYN RAND PREDICTS OBAMAS END TO THE REPUBLICby koch46 144,151 views
- 7:25 Who is John Galt? [Atlas Shrugged Part 2]by TheAtlasSociety 40,381 views
- 5:25 Stossel: Why Hollywood Was Against the "Atlas Shrugged" Filmby FoxNewsInsider 160,355 views
- 7:32 Atlas Shrugged Movie Explaned Part 3-- Hank Rearden And His Family.flvby AtlasShruggedMovie1 24,206 views
- 5:00 This is John Galt speaking... PART ONE.flvby CJMAC78 39,017 views
- 5:30 Dennis Miller names Ayn Rand one of the Three Most Fascinating People of 2009.by FilipinoObjectivist 42,712 views
- 3:01 Who is John Galt? Behind the Scenes of Atlas Shruggedby ReasonTV 43,248 views
- 5:36 On the Set of Atlas Shrugged: 53 Years in the Makingby ReasonTV 90,027 views
- 6:15 Dagny Confronts James (Atlas Shrugged Part 1)by TheAtlasSociety 34,186 views
- 4:45 The world is a business, Mr. Beale!by caspars1983 50,352 views
- 4:50 AYN RAND's message to AMERICAby XCowboy2 397,673 views
- 2:49 Ayn Rand & the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged - Documentary Movie Trailerby 1957Atlas 87,808 views
- 23:01 Ellsworth Toohey Speech (How to Rule Souls) - The Fountainhead (FULL)by SupermanPUA 6,303 views
- 1:32 Ayn Rand on the Purpose of Lifeby prosumption 36,313 views
- 6:39 Atlas Shrugged Movie Explained Part 2-- Rearden Metal Is Not For Sale.flvby AtlasShruggedMovie1 28,718 views
- 2:55 Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Clip: Hank Meets the Wet Nurseby Atlas Shrugged 42,036 views
- 2:26 Atlas Is Shruggingby FreedomWorksAction 111,866 views
- 8:39 So You Think Money is the Root of All Evil?by LibertyPen 20,378 views
- 1:52 Ford Hall Forum - Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales on Ayn Rand, art, and making moneyby Ford Hall Forum 18,019 views
- Loading more suggestions...