Free Syrian Army Captures 3rd Turkish Border Crossing: Bab Al-Salam near Aleppo Held by Rebels
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 24, 2012
Syrian rebels captured a third border crossing with Turkey from President Bashar al-Assad's forces on Sunday (July 22), rebel commanders and a Turkish official said. A Turkish official at the border confirmed that Bab al-Salam was in rebel hands. He said the Turkish side of the border gate - which normally operates mainly for commercial traffic from Turkey to the Syria city of Aleppo - remained open but there was no traffic.
A rebel fighter at the border crossing claiming to represent Asefat al Shamal, meaning 'Storm of the North' confirmed the crossing had been captured on Sunday morning. "Our heroes in the Free Syrian army captured Bab al Salam border crossing on July 22, God is the greatest. Our heroes captured the border crossing after Assad's gangs fleed," he said.
A senior Syrian army defector in Turkey said Bab al-Salam was taken at 8:45 a.m. and Assad's troops quickly fled. The rebel fighter at the crossing said that after defeating Assad's forces there, the rebels' plan was to head to Aleppo. "We liberated Bab al-Salam border crossing from Assad's gangs after we surrounded them. They withdrew after we dealt them heavy losses. Here I stand, with my brother fighters in the Free Syrian Army, standing at the entrance of Bab al Salam. (Fighters chant: "God is great") This building is what separates us from Turkey. God willing we will go to liberate Aleppo and after that will continue to Damascus to the presidential palace to get rid of the traitor there. God is the greatest," he said.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:09 Why Israeli Tourists Vacation in Bulgaria: Chabad Rabbi Talks on Burgas Airport Terrorist Attackby JewishNewsOne2,036 views
- 2:22 1000 Jews Rally at Anniv of Warsaw Ghetto Holocaust: Rabbis, Survivors Speak, Cite Burgas Attackby JewishNewsOne712 views
- 0:53 Iran Crackdown on Coffee Shops and Cafes: 'Morality Police' Arrest Women for 'un-Islamic' Actsby JewishNewsOne2,678 views
- 0:38 Lebanon Military Quells Clashes of Sunni, Alawite Muslims: 6 Die in Bab Tabbaneh, Jabal Moshenby JewishNewsOne1,026 views
- 16:43 30_11_2013 ~ Syria News (EN) ~ 400 FSA mercenaries killed by Syrian Arab Army, 20 Saudisby Syria News Press2,993 views
- 12:13 Syrian Army Operations: Cleaning Barza, Outskirts Of Damascus - 14 November 2013 - English Subtitlesby IAmCow GodMoo10,478 views
- 7:03 Syrian Army And NDF Forces In Heavy Combat With Insurgentsby WarClashes31,251 views
- 13:04 Siria ᴴ ᴰ - "Damasco" El Ataque al Norte - Parte 3 La Linea de Contacto - Septiembre 2013by tOPeTE GLZ Syria21,082 views
- 23:02 The Battle of Al Qusayr: Syria War Documentaryby SovereignSyria29,327 views
- 4:47 FNN officers of Free Syrian Army at the first moments of A'azaz liberating 19 07 2012by fnnsyrianews2,123 views
- 2:49 Syria: Turkish Aselsan Stinger (Atılgan PMADS) downs Russian MIG-23by DutchTurkish55,238 views
- 25:01 November 2013 Breaking News Mortar shell hits Russian embassy - monitoring groupby u2bheavenbound134,461 views
- 1:05 Syrian Rebels Capture Military Airport Near Turkeyby IBTimes UK3,265 views
- 11:37 Сирия последние новости 13 11 2013 SYRIA Civil WAR 13 11 2013 #2by Ирек Фаридов34,132 views
- 1:52 Free Syrian Army condemned for executionsby AllDunyaNews115,358 views
- 25:25 PROFECIA LA DESTRUCCION DE DAMASCO, GAZA, TIRO ATAQUE Y LA GUERRAby Raul Sarmiento40,971 views
- 1:15 FSA Try To Take A Syrian Helicopter Down Syria War July 2013by OGlobalMedia13,516 views
- 58:48 FULL EXCLUSIVE Interview of Fox News with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad - 9/18/2013by YouHotNews16,157 views
- 7:52 RPG Destroys Tank In Syria 18+by Armed Forces Footage10,317 views
- 6:46 Syrian Rebels Attack A Military Checkpoint In Rif Hamaby WarClashes8,369 views
- Loading more suggestions...