The Partridge Family Opening TV Theme Song 1970
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 6, 2008
The Partridge Family Opening Theme Song. In the pilot episode this group of musical siblings convinces their mother to help them out by singing with them as they record a pop song in their garage. Through the efforts of the 10-year-old son Danny, they find a manager who helps make the song a Top-40 hit. After some more convincing, Mom finally agrees that the family can go on tour. They acquire an old school bus, paint it and depart to Las Vegas for their first live gig at Caesars Palace.
Each subsequent episode features the band performing in various locations and types of venues. The shows would often contrast their suburban life with the adventures of a show-biz family "on the road". After the first season the show focused more on the "at home" themes and less on their touring. The series originally ran from September 25, 1970 until August 31, 1974 on the ABC television network, as part of the Friday night lineup following The Brady Bunch. It had a few subsequent runs in syndication.
Created by Bernard Slade, the series was inspired by and loosely based on The Cowsills, a real pop music family famous in the late Sixties. In fact, in its early development, the Cowsill children were actually approached by the producers to be featured on The Partridge Family, though the children rejected the offer when they learned their real-life mother and band member Barbara would not be included in the cast. Shirley Jones had already been signed as mother Shirley Partridge and star of the show. The remaining Partridge children were played by David Cassidy (Jones' real-life stepson) as her eldest son Keith, Susan Dey as Laurie, Danny Bonaduce as Danny, Jeremy Gelbwaks as Chris and Suzanne Crough as Tracy. Dave Madden played Reuben Kincaid, who was their manager and family friend. After the first season, the dark-haired Gelbwaks was replaced by a blond actor, Brian Forster. It was reported by teen magazines in 1971 that this was because his family simply moved away.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:24 "Hair" by the Cowsillsby trance23Featured 610,979
- 7:01 The Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show 3-2-10 Part 1by Starr Gazer 432,199 views
- 1:30 Room 222 Theme song and opening video with Karen Valentineby OjaiRoy 460,796 views
- 21 videos Play all The Partridge Familyby NanaBeth58
- 1:03 Mission Impossible - Original Intro ( 1966 - 1973 )by Thesessionclubmix Tvshow 619,236 views
- 4:18 David Cassidy and Danny Bonaduce on "The Today Show" November 13,2010by Starr Gazer 16,562 views
- 2:25 Partridge Family - "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" NEWby kpartride 136,149 views
- 2:22 Partridge Family Update 2011.wmvby stevations 169,862 views
- 1:34 Farrah Fawcett in "Partridge Family"by midimaciroc 482,333 views
- 1:19 Theme Song to The Partridge Family (Come on Get Happy)by tunapup1 146,471 views
- 1:11 Charlie's Angels - Season 1 ( 1976 )by Thesessionclubmix Tvshow 129,841 views
- 4:33 The Brady Bunch sings Sunshine Day and Keep On Dancingby Medammit 334,728 views
- 0:50 Love, American Style TV theme songby 80sand70sMemories 235,371 views
- 3:48 The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfwayby SumerKis38 368,729 views
- 3:12 Keep on Movinby phoomd 872,924 views
- partridgefamily4ever 14 videos1K
- 2:52 You Are Always On My Mind - Partridge Familyby partridgefamily4ever 211,252 views
- 1:11 Starsky and Hutch Main Themeby airstrike92 524,401 views
- 1:05 Love American Style Introby Dday9876 418,204 views
- 3:02 70s TEEN IDOL DAVID CASSIDY PUTS GEMS UP FOR AUCTIby ArtisanNewsService 182,552 views
- 9:29 Partridge Family mini concert enjoy!by star618 142,691 views
- 2:39 The Partridge Family - I Woke up in Love this Morningby SumerKis38 145,995 views
- Loading more suggestions...