Chime Yungdrung, National Democratic Party of Tibet.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 4, 2008
TIBETANS LAUNCH HISTORIC MOVEMENT AHEAD OF BEIJING OLYMPICS
Global Uprising to Include Exiles' March to Tibet
New Delhi -- Five leading Tibetan organizations announced today the launch of the "Tibetan People's Uprising Movement", a new coordinated Tibetan resistance effort in the lead up to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The Games will take place only months before the 50th anniversary of the 1959 Tibetan National Uprising against China's invasion of Tibet. The movement's organizers are calling on Tibetans worldwide to join protests during the Beijing Olympics and support a return march of exile Tibetans to their homeland.
"Today, in the spirit of the 1959 Uprising and in memory of the courageous Tibetans who sacrificed their lives for Tibet's independence and continue to resist China's brutal occupation, we are launching a unified movement to bring about an end to Chinese rule in Tibet," said Tsewang Rigzin, President of Tibetan Youth Congress.
The organizing committee that China's leadership is using the Beijing Olympics as a platform to gain international acceptance and to legitimize its illegal rule in Tibet. After almost five decades of oppression and cultural assimilation, the situation inside Chinese occupied Tibet is dire.
"We are calling on Tibetans worldwide to join us at this critical moment when China is trying to spread its Olympics propaganda," said B. Tsering, President of the Tibetan Women's Association. "Together, we will seize this unprecedented opportunity to voice Tibetan resistance and reinvigorate our freedom struggle."
The march to Tibet is an initiative by exile Tibetans to strengthen Tibetan resistance by taking the struggle home. The march will commence on March 10th, the 49th commemoration of the Tibetan National Uprising in Tibet. Tibetans worldwide will engage in non-violent direct actions and mass protests during China's Olympic torch relay and the Games themselves.
"Our message to China's leadership is loud and clear that after fifty years, Tibetans in exile are determined to return to our homeland and be reunited with our Tibetan brothers and sisters," said Ngawang Woeber, President of the Gu Chu Sum, the ex-political prisoners' association.
Members of the organizing committee: Tibetan Youth Congress, Tibetan Women's Association, Gu Chu Sum Movement of Tibet, National Democratic Party of Tibet, and Students for a Free Tibet, India.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:34 france 24 dalai versus Dorje Shugden (part one)by tashidelek17Featured 8,676
- 0:51 Tenzin Choeying, Students for a Free Tibetby SFTHQ 4,241 views
- 0:38 Tsewang Rigzin, Tibetan Youth Congressby SFTHQ 5,125 views
- 1:32 Ven. Ngawang Woeber, Gu Chu Sumby SFTHQ 4,253 views
- 0:44 B. Tsering, Tibetan Womens Associationby SFTHQ 3,733 views
- 7 videos Play all Tibetan People's Uprisingby SFTHQ
- 10:00 lithang atharby tashidelek17 13,858 views
- 7:52 ndpt press conference 2010.swfby NDPTibet 1,982 views
- 5:24 Tibetan Community Center of New York and New Jerseyby urskhechok 12,744 views
- 13:03 lobsang sangayby derge1722 3,483 views
- 3:01 History photos of Geshe Yungdrung Gyaltsen.flvby Khyungkar Khyungkar 981 views
- 1:29:13 BBC.The Lost World Of Tibet.El Mundo Perdido de Tíbet.SubEsp.aviby samsaraexit 91,729 views
- 3:07 "Tibet in Flames" Conference Brings Self-Immolations to Fore in EUby NTDTV 45,017 views
- 10:10 Lithang tibetanby Darma Namkha 864 views
- 0:08 Tibetans Self-immolate inside Tibet to Protest Against China ! June, 20, 2012by TibetArchive 48,671 views
- 38:10 Flame of Truth in Bern, Switzerland 3rd Nov. 2012by tibet swiss 1,065 views
- 14:28 Tibetan Youth Congress launched indefinite hunger strike for Tibet in front of United Nationsby lhakammedia 3,848 views
- 3:43 CNN News: Has China improved Tibet ?by TibetArchive 19,557 views
- 28:30 Miss Tibetby journeymanpictures 1,223,461 views
- 28:59 THE BURNING QUESTION: Why are Tibetans Turning to Self-immolation?by ctaonlinetv 17,683 views
- 4:55 Tibetan People's Uprising Movementby TibetanUprising2008 5,740 views
- Loading more suggestions...