DIY Brigitte Bardot Hair
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 2, 2012
In this tutorial video, Chicago's Sine Qua Non Salon and stylist David Noll shows how you can get the classic Bardot look at home with a few Bumble and bumble products, a blow dryer and Mason Pearson brush.
Step One: Spritz wet hair with Bumble & bumble Tonic and Thickening Hairspray
Step Two: Section hair horizontally so you have four parts- the nape of the neck, middle of the head, highest part of the head and a "mohawk" section at the very top.
Step Three: Begin blow drying 1.5-inch sections at the nape of the neck with a round brush. Angle the brush and dryer downward while working on the lowest section. Be sure to start at the root- when the root is dry, move to the mid-shaft and finally the ends.
Step Four: Work on the next-highest section. Dry in the same manner you did when you dried the nape, but this time, pull hair straight outward with your round brush instead of downward.
Step Five: Dry the top section in the same manner you did the other sections, but angle the brush and dryer upward.
Step Six: Dry the entire mohawk section straight up and backward, to get the ultimate Brigitte Bardot volume at the crown.
Step Seven: Grab your Mason Pearson brush and tease! A modern-day Brigitte keeps the volume more at the back of her crown and just teases the very back of the mohawk section. For a more authentic Brigitte Bardot look, begin at the middle of the mohawk and tease the back 2/3 of the section, pulling strands backward. Keep the front pieces flat and center-parted.
Step Eight: Using a pea-sized bit of Bumble & bumble Sumo Tech, tame the tips of hair and the front layers, so the pieces near the front come flat against the face.
Step Nine: Zhush the back with a little Bumble & bumble Spray De Mode to keep that signature messy volume the focus of the 'do.
Note: Be sure you keep your nozzle on your blow dryer for the best results!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Oh! qu'il est vilain" on
- 3:25 Get Bardot hair with Sam McKnightby GetTheGlossTV's channelFeatured 22,361
- 15:00 Brigitte Bardot inspired makeup tutorialby IDOMAKEUPIRELAND 154,173 views
- 8:28 Billy B - "Bardot Eyes" TUTORIAL with Maggie Sajakby Makeup Artist Billy B. 7,539 views
- 6:09 How To Blow Dry Hair Straight Step By Stepby The Hair Stylist Blog 79,843 views
- 2:33 How to Blow Dry Frizzy, Curly Hair Silky Straight in 13 Minutes! (No Straightener)by jewelstvdotcom 38,398 views
- 12:34 How to Blow Dry, for messy volume - Hairdressing Trainingby ZeroFourHair's channel 5,650 views
- 4:22 Brigitte Bardot Hair Tutorialby Abbey Egeland 3,883 views
- 13:20 Pretty Dirty Princess Bun Tutorial (+outtakes!)by leighannsays 2,095,202 views
- 14:44 Victory Roll Vintage Hair Tutorial by CHERRY DOLLFACE.by Thecherrydollface 750,393 views
- 10:30 Beyonce Run The World Music Video Hair Tutorial Bouffant French Twist UpDoby Hair & Beauty Tutorials! Subscribe ♥ 323,341 views
- 4:37 Modern long-layered haircut with HOT bangsby Scott Miller Style 413,762 views
- 9:23 How to Clip in hair and get big, wavy hair like Victoria Secrets, Lindsay Lohan and Olivia Palmeroby HairRehabLondon 271,823 views
- 3:39 How to get long-lasting volume for my fine, thin and flat hair?by SYOSS 17,232 views
- 4:05 Dry Texturizing Sprayby OribeHairCare 35,542 views
- 2:35 BRIGITE BARDOT:INTERVIEWS AUDIO "VIVEMENT DIMANCHE".HD720pby ALLOGENIQUE 696 views
- 2:21 How to Do a Salon-Quality Blowout at Homeby DailyCandy 62,695 views
- 14:32 Tutorial Brigitte Bardotby Bianca Sayão 2,038 views
- 9:57 The sexiest hairstylist! Blow out tutorialby Videohairstyles 70,964 views
- 9:20 Epic Salon: Achieve Salon Quality Full Bodied Hair At Homeby EpicTheSalon 11,919 views
- 7:47 1960's Bombshell! Long, Wavy Hair! (Brigitte Bardot inspired)by ClassicRetroGlamour 22,203 views
- Loading more suggestions...