Published on Feb 13, 2014
Join us for episode 4 of Discover Performance Weekly discussing big data and analytics and how each can foster innovation within the business. HP Software evangelist, Paul Muller, sits down with industry experts, Tim Crawford (@tcrawford) and Chris Selland (@cselland).
The group discusses the Discover Performance article, Big Data goes big in 2014: Analytics for everyone, found at http://h30458.www3.hp.com/us/us/disco....
In this episode, you will hear the group discuss topics like:
- Big Data goes big in 2014: Analytics for everyone (0:50)
- Has "big data" gone mainstream? (2:10)
- What do CIOs think when they hear the term "big data?" (4:15)
- What are the best practices for using data science and analytics? (8:05)
- Big data is about experimentation, not necessarily about immediate success (10:13)
- Big data requires a group effort, across business units (11:47)
- A cross-correlation example from an airline (12:50)
This week's tips of the week (14:45) covered:
- Article: The real promise of big data (http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/09/the...) (14:58)
- Announcement: Vertica Marketplace (http://www.vertica.com/marketplace) (15:40)
- Book: Reengineering the Corporation (http://www.harpercollins.com/author/a...)
For more videos, find us at http://www.hp.com/go/backstage.
To receive the Discover Performance eZine directly to your email, please subscribe here: http://hpsw.co/Xa53LtD