Video based car Radar
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 28, 2012
Video based vehicle radar built entirely from scratch in the C# programming language.
1. A database consisting of 2000 car/non-car images were trained using a genetic algorithm that was wrapped inside the ADABoost meta algorithm. 150 pictures were manually created from photos (still video frames), whereas the rest were automatically generated from previous attempts and classified into positive/negative by inspecting them with a human eye.
2. 60 features each consisting of one of 8 simple rectangle types were constructed during approximately one hour of CPU time on a Core i7 based computer.
3. A Gopro Hero 2 camera filmed the Swedish highway (E4) in 1280x720 (720p) resolution
4. Each pixel within a certain region of the each picture frame scanned about 10 sub-windows of different sizes (viewport distance dependent). The 60 features formed a linear combination "vote" and marked a rectangle if a car was identified.
5. Identified rectangles were post-processed to form clusters of different observed vehicles.
6. The identified clusters were recursively intersecting other "spanning clusters" within 8 previous video frames, if the cluster search reported more than a certain amount of "cluster activity" going on the identification finally was over and a vehicle was detected.
7. The radar lines just above the cars bonnet show distance to vehicles obeserved. Blue lines to the right is meant to be used for tracking of distance (following at a set distance "adaptive cruise control". left white lines are for informational purpose only. System looks at the own cars viewport to determine whether a vehicle should be classified as "white" or "blue".
Implementation time about 200 hours, spent approx 150h for the machine learning part and about 50h for striding and post-processing the video.
So, one might ask why do you make your own vehicle radar in your spare time?
BECAUSE I CAN!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Gloria: II. Et in terra pax" on
Southwestern Seminary Oratorio Chorus and Fort Worth Chamber Orchestra, Southwestern Seminary Oratorio Chorus, Fort Worth Chamber Orchestra
- 4:10 $65,000 Whale POOP -- Mind Blow #49by Vsauce2 Featured 1,771,559
- 1:28:27 Neil deGrasse Tyson: Life the Universe and Everythingby MrAbkebab Explore the Universe75,417 views
- 5:10 Coffee Can FMCW Ranging Demoby Gregory Charvat7,873 views
- 1:48 Overtaking A Cop Car with Radar ON - Instant On Ka 34.7 - Escort Redlineby Medicelectrosports46,311 views
- 20:41 How To Use Your Stalker Dual DSRby pmfabri3,121 views
- 14:38 Wild Police Chase - South Los Angeles, CA - April 30, 2013by LocalNewsVideo1,307,681 views
- 6:22 6 Peoples Reactions to the CRAZY 900hp 3Dx Evoby 1320video12,792,466 views
- 2:38 Detectores anti-radarby Juan Alfonso Aguera Ortiz50,560 views
- 3:53 Police Radar Laser Jammer in C5 Corvette vs Policeby chevywiki182,911 views
- 1:01 Evolution of the F1 Car: Animatedby Rufus Blacklock246,376 views
- 4:24 Build a Radar from Satellite Dish Parts - Speed Radar Basicsby Jeri Ellsworth85,399 views
- 3:39 Midnight Invention's CoolMasterby Greg Needel8,703 views
- 2:46 2011 Audi A8: The radar-guided cruise control in action on a foggy Autobahnby Laserfrankie139,746 views
- 8:34 Twisting tool.VOBby dave ai450,981 views
- 2:42 Laser Pro Park vs Police Laser Speed Trap in Vancouverby gomouse53,160 views
- 16:11 '12 Tving OSL - Round of 8 - JangBi vs. Mini 2set (Eng. Com.)by NukeTheStars4,317 views
- 2:56 PhotoBlocker Spray proven to work by Denver Police and FOX NEWSby PhotoBlocker dot COM109,266 views
- 14:29 How Google's Self-Driving Car Worksby IEEE Spectrum482,032 views
- 16:20 SERVE AND SUFFER: Unearthing shame of Police life - part 2/2by NTV Kenya9,254 views
- 4:47 The Cobra iRadar Detection Systemby Cobra Electronics302,125 views
- Loading more suggestions...