Video based car Radar
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 28, 2012
Video based vehicle radar built entirely from scratch in the C# programming language.
1. A database consisting of 2000 car/non-car images were trained using a genetic algorithm that was wrapped inside the ADABoost meta algorithm. 150 pictures were manually created from photos (still video frames), whereas the rest were automatically generated from previous attempts and classified into positive/negative by inspecting them with a human eye.
2. 60 features each consisting of one of 8 simple rectangle types were constructed during approximately one hour of CPU time on a Core i7 based computer.
3. A Gopro Hero 2 camera filmed the Swedish highway (E4) in 1280x720 (720p) resolution
4. Each pixel within a certain region of the each picture frame scanned about 10 sub-windows of different sizes (viewport distance dependent). The 60 features formed a linear combination "vote" and marked a rectangle if a car was identified.
5. Identified rectangles were post-processed to form clusters of different observed vehicles.
6. The identified clusters were recursively intersecting other "spanning clusters" within 8 previous video frames, if the cluster search reported more than a certain amount of "cluster activity" going on the identification finally was over and a vehicle was detected.
7. The radar lines just above the cars bonnet show distance to vehicles obeserved. Blue lines to the right is meant to be used for tracking of distance (following at a set distance "adaptive cruise control". left white lines are for informational purpose only. System looks at the own cars viewport to determine whether a vehicle should be classified as "white" or "blue".
Implementation time about 200 hours, spent approx 150h for the machine learning part and about 50h for striding and post-processing the video.
So, one might ask why do you make your own vehicle radar in your spare time?
BECAUSE I CAN!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Gloria: II. Et in terra pax" on
Southwestern Seminary Oratorio Chorus and Fort Worth Chamber Orchestra, Southwestern Seminary Oratorio Chorus, Fort Worth Chamber Orchestra
- 1:48 Overtaking A Cop Car with Radar ON - Instant On Ka 34.7 - Escort Redlineby MedicelectrosportsFeatured 23,489
- 1:28:27 Neil deGrasse Tyson: Life the Universe and Everythingby MrAbkebab Universe Channel 38,060 views
- 9:54 Похороны Л.И. Брежнева (1982) - часть 1by D2Yurik 63,077 views
- 19:21 US Navy OCSby Kyousuke687 64,841 views
- 8:34 Twisting tool.VOBby dave ai 364,008 views
- 4:30 Vivaldi - Gloria II: Et in Terra Pax Hominibusby TheArmChoir 12,511 views
- 1:12 Object classifier and counterby Gustaf Sundberg 1,821 views
- 1:42 IRAN ARMY 2013 (S400)by King DBZ 1,652 views
- 1:30 ZA-Auto.ru - Странный авто тюнинг малолитражкиby autovideoru 71,055 views
- 1:16 Multi-Target Radar System CORDONby SIMICONTV 1,496,285 views
- 1:14 Lane departure using Hough Line Transformby Gustaf Sundberg 1,397 views
- 6:27 Pantsir S1 (SA-22 Greyhound)by Канал пользователя Husar101 174,951 views
- 14:14 Iran's immortal army..IRIAby کانال OoIRANoO 16,623 views
- 4:47 The Cobra iRadar Detection Systemby CobraElectronicsTV 261,005 views
- 5:00 Как это сделано? Дизельные двигателиby Электрикум 169,731 views
- 3:38 Stolen BMW 1Mby stolen1m 82,908 views
- 5:51 The iranian army 2013by mrAH H 54,448 views
- 5:40 Jon Allen on ITV's 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us'by Vanur2 90,389 views
- 3:00 Snow Rage in Swedenby Gustaf Sundberg 738 views
- 5:12 Whose Line is it Anyway? Hitler jokesby Whoselinemyline 1,407,059 views
- Loading more suggestions...