In the Field (Eps. 6) - Georgia 2011 Peanut Harvest
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 17, 2011
Text Only Transcript:
Georgia's peanut harvest is in top gear. Georgia growers planted the fewest acres of peanuts in recent history, and what they planted faced drought, disease and damaging insects all growing season. Yields will be volatile, from zero in some fields to near record-setting in others.
In this episode of "In the Field" Brad Haire speaks with Dr. John Beasley, peanut agronomist with University of Georgia Cooperative Extension, about a harvest "farmers will be happy to get in the wagons and sold."
"In the Field" is produced by Brad Haire, news director with the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, providing timely, reliable information about Southern agriculture, and showing it in action.
In the Field (Eps. 6) -- Georgia 2011 Peanut Harvest
Brad Haire and John Beasley
The scene opens to a peanut field with Brad Haire, News Director for the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, and Dr. John Beasley, Peanut Agronomist with Georgia Cooperative Extension.
The scene changes to a tractor working in a peanut field. The scene changes to a larger view of the tractor working in the field.
The scene moves to a close up of peanuts being pulled from them ground for harvest. The scene changes to a back view of the tractor showing peanuts being pulled.
The scene changes to a row of peanuts that have been pulled out of the ground waiting to be picked up.
The scene changes to a peanut field in full harvest. Several large pieces of machinery are digging, pulling and harvesting the peanuts.
The scene changes to a close up of peanuts being picked up from the field.
The scene changes to peanut wagon moving across the field to get the freshly picked up peanuts. The scene shows the fresh peanuts being poured into the peanut wagon. In the next scene, the peanut wagon is leaving the field.
The scene returns to the harvester picking up freshly pulled peanuts. A close up of the harvester is shown picking up the rows of peanuts. The peanuts are poured into another peanut wagon.
The scene changes to the peanut buying point where peanuts are being off-loaded. The scene moves to show several peanut wagons waiting to drop their loads.
The scene returns to Haire and Beasley in the peanut field as they finish their conversation about peanut harvesting.
© 2011 University of Georgia Office of Communications and Technology Services
Standard YouTube License
- 3:29 In the Field (Eps. 7) - Georgia's most valuable pecan crop ever?by UGAAgandEnvironment2,071 views
- 3:40 Georgia Farmer Sets New State Corn Yield Recordby GeorgiaFarmMonitor64,364 views
- 9:39 Picking Peanuts - 2009by rbranch200873,921 views
- 3:15 Peanut Planting Underway Across Georgiaby GeorgiaFarmMonitor18,989 views
- 5:33 KMC Peanut Harvestingby KelleyMfgCo14,901 views
- 3:05 2009 Peanut Buying Point - Part 1by rbranch20089,509 views
- 2:27 KMC Unload on-the-goby KelleyMfgCo3,656 views
- 2:25 HX-60 type peanut combine harvesterby Xin Hua9,507 views
- 3:07 In the Field (Eps. 5) - Georgia Peanut Tour 2011by UGAAgandEnvironment2,859 views
- 1:57 2009 peanut harvest 2by dutch62136,029 views
- 3:52 Peanut Harvest 2012by Blake Majors3,343 views
- 1:31 Sweere - Dry Bean / Peanut Harvesterby Theo Sweere11,675 views
- 6:46 2009 Picking Cotton - DEJ Turner Farmsby rbranch2008576,913 views
- 4:35 PEANUTS 2011by arkansasprepper1,649 views
- 1:46 Peanut harvest 2008by dutch62134,295 views
- 6:56 Corn Harvest 2011 Southeast South Dakotaby Wade W.45,299 views
- 48:31 Wheat Harvest 2013-Chappell, Nebraskaby Travis Kepler22,568 views
- 4:32 Soybean harvest feeder house gets stuck.by CoonCreekFarms21,339 views
- 9:35 John Deere S680 Combineby bigtractorpower67,091 views
- 5:16 Peanut harvestby tnjeffofalltrades32,480 views
- Loading more suggestions...