Published on Aug 10, 2012
On this episode of The Books & Beer Hangout, we tackled the heavy topic of ebook pricing. We brought on authors Brand Gamblin and Ed Robertson, as each have great experiences working with Amazon and Kindle Select. A lot of ground was covered, like:
* What's the right price for an ebook?
* Acceptable price ranges for different genres
* Changing prices for ebooks over time.
* Why ebooks are priced differently from print books
* Smart pricing strategies for series of books
* Establishing your own price point as an author
* Understanding Amazon's popularity algorithm
* How free book giveaways can boost your book's value
* Why the Amazon system is hard to game
* How to use Kindle Select to boost your sales ranking
* Tactics for finding success with exclusive distribution partners
* Who should control the price of ebooks
* The realities of pricing dozens -- or hundreds -- of titles in a dynamic environment
* Pricing advice for new authors vs established authors.
And there was the obligatory drinking of beers. Tonight's choices: Negro Modelo, Boulevard's Collaboration No. 2 & Deviant Dales from Oskar Blues.
The Books & Beer Hangout is broadcast live every Thursday night at 6P/9E as a Google+ Hangout on Air and on YouTube Live! Circle ePublish Unum on Google+ to watch live, and to join The Books & Beer Hangover right after the show to chat with hosts and participants live!
Standard YouTube License