Published on Mar 26, 2013
For full recipe you can download Cook & Survive E-Book here http://full.sc/1aixyfO or
Get Hard copy here http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
Follow our adventures:
This is a delicious vegan GLUTEN FREE meatloaf.
1 cup millet
3 medium potatoes roughly chopped
3 medium onions finely chopped
3 cups veggie broth
2 ribs celery chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp caraway seeds toasted
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan
2 Tbs vegan worcestershire sauce i.e. Edward & Sons http://full.sc/M8ccGz
3 Tbs olive oil
1. In medium pot bring veggie broth to boil and add the millet. Then reduce to a simmer for about 20 min until millet absorbs liquid.
2. Boil potatoes in separate pot.
3. Heat olive oil in saucepan on medium high. Add onions and sauté until golden brown. Then add celery and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 min. Add toasted caraway seeds, sage, thyme and sea salt. Stir in and remove from heat. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar.
4. In large mixing bowl, add millet, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce and sautéed spiced onions. Once it's cooled enough, mix together thoroughly with hands.
5. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and pack in Neatloaf mixture tightly.
6. Spread ketchup on top and place in oven for 30 to 45 min at 350*
7. Let Neatloaf cool down and pull it out of pan. Let cool down and carefully slice with serrated knife.
Standard YouTube License