Antec EarthWatts Platinum power supplies set to shake up market
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 17, 2011
http://www.tweaktown.com A little while ago we visited the Antec Taipei office here in Taiwan and got an early and exclusive look at its range of upcoming EarthWatts Platinum power supplies which are set to hit the market next month and really shake things up as far as pricing goes. Antec reckon their competitors are nervous.
Antec will soon launch the EA-650 watt Platinum, EA-550 watt Platinum and EA-450 watt Platinum. Each is certified with an 80 Plus Platinum rating which means they achieve up to 93% power efficiency, which is the best rating that can be given to a PSU. Antec claims that the EA-650 model can save up to 25% on your electricity bill - we aren't quite sure how they worked that out, but we'll have to take their word for it until we test their claims.
Each comes with a three year warranty and includes a "whisper quiet" 120mm double ball bearing fan with what Antec call long lifetime expectancy. There are little fancy features with these PSU such as an LED on the fan or modular cable management, but they still include key quality components such as Japanese heavy-duty capacitors and Antec CircuitShield which includes over current protection, over voltage protection, under voltage protection, short circuit protections and so on.
The big story with these power supplies is the cost. The EA-650 which we have focused on in the video above is set to retail for an MSRP of $129.95 USD. For that price from its competitors, you can usually only get a Silver or Gold rated model PSU at the same wattage. Here comes Antec shaking up the market - Platinum PSU prices set to decrease all round soon?
Standard YouTube License
- 13:17 7.8GHz AMD LN2 Overclocking at GIGABYTE Extreme OC Workshopby camwilmot45,254 views
- 8:05 Antec Eleven Hundred Gaming Series case exclusive previewby camwilmot9,068 views
- 11:47 Razer Blade 17.3-inch LED Gaming Laptop Initial Impressions Previewby camwilmot343,487 views
- 5:00 BitFenix Spectre Pro cooling fans exclusive previewby camwilmot27,044 views
- 24:38 Installation Guide - Antec KÜHLER H2O 1250 Liquid CPU Cooler - By TotallydubbedHDby totallydubbedHD1,392 views
- 24:36 Build a 48 Hour Backup Computer Power Supply - SYSTMby Revision3144,552 views
- 10:17 How big of a Power Supply do you REALLY need?by JayzTwoCents12,898 views
- 8:57 PC Power Supply Repair - No power, bad capacitor Flashing Green Lightby HillBrosTech39,518 views
- 5:23 New RV Found Setupby revizal3,396 views
- 19:18 How To Repair Computer Power Supply and Diagnose Fanby IT Conflict151,899 views
- 14:58 Converting Computer ATX Power Supply to Lab Bench Power Supplyby JumperOneTV728,408 views
- 13:52 System Power Consumption - A Closer Look NCIX Tech Tipsby NCIXcom130,106 views
- 8:11 #1317 - Antec 550W & 650W EarthWatts Platinum Power Supplies Video Reviewby 3DGAMEMAN4,460 views
- 6:20 How to use old PC Power Supply for RC chargersby 7bikerboy7181,387 views
- 6:08 Antec ISK 110 Mini ITX Build Part 2: Time Lapse System Buildby scooter99tube32,469 views
- 9:22 20. Self-Build DIY Camper Van. 240V AC electrics, consumer unit, inverter, and socketsby MakeYourOwnMotorhome58,119 views
- 43:47 Antec Kühler H2O 920 Full Installation Guide - By TotallydubbedHDby totallydubbedHD13,210 views
- 5:33 HOW TO: Connect a car stereo into a computer power supply and use it at home!by kallmeaznracer32,357 views
- 8:15 Antec Digital Power Supply tester review (HD)by andrewesquivel8,921 views
- 5:07 Choosing a power supply. Modular vs Non-Modular (NCIX Tech Tips #57)by NCIXcom233,337 views
- Loading more suggestions...