Slovakia Cachtice (Bathory) Castle
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 16, 2007
The castle hill in Čachtice was inhabited as early as in a prehistoric era. Findings of different items excavated directly in courtyards of the castle or close to the walls prove this. First written note on the castle was preserved from 1276 when it belonged to royal border fortifications.
Matúš Čák of Trenčín took possession of the castle as a royal property. After his death, wardens of a castle appointed by a king controlled the castle again. Ctibor I from Beckov, another powerful oligarch, obtained the castle with the domain as a gift from the king Zigismund in 1392. Ctibor and then his sons kept the castle till 1434.
In 1436, the king Zigismund presented his supporter, Michal Ország, with the castle. Michal Ország became a palatine during the rule of Matej Korvín. Ladislav, the head of county administration in the Novohrad and Heveš Sees, and his son Krištof, who became a regional judge, are the last members of this stock. As he died in 1567 without any descendants, the Čachtice domain with the castle devolved to the hands of a ruler as crown property.
On April 4, 1569, the ruler Maximilián I put the castle with the domain in pledge with Uršula Kaniszai, a widow of Tomáš Nádašdy. František Nádašdy, a commander of pre-Danube troops, obtained Čachtice for himself and his descendants in permanent possession as late as on August 22, 1602, whereas he paid 36,000 gold coins in addition to the standby amount. As František Nádašdy died on January 4, 1604, Alžbeta Báthory, a widow of him, inherited the Čachtice Castle with the domain. The Čachtice Castle became known especially thanks to Madam Alžbeta Báthory. The castle was only used as a fortress in which only a warden of a castle and myrmidons stayed after her death.
When Turks invaded Považie (the river Váh region) in 1663, the owners were forced to take care of the castle. After the events in 1663 and 1664, František Nádašdy showed interest in repair of the castle and extensive repair work took place in the castle from 1664 to 1670. In 1670, imperial army plundered, set into fire and destroyed the Čachtice Manor House and damaged the castle, as well. After heavy fights in July 1708, the castle got into hands of Rákóczy rebels but the imperial army took possession of the Čachtice Castle again in the same year after the Trenčín Battle. As early as at that time, the castle looked like a ruin after those fights. Since that time, it has been resisting inexorable ravages of time and falling apart slowly.Slovakia 2012 Eurovision Song Contest Canada - Slovakia Highlights Don't close your eyes Max Jason Mai Eurovision GT3 Qualifying Session Auto Racing (Industry) hillary rodham clinton Extraterrestrial Life is IIHF I'm Still Alive Qualifying Session Contest jääkiekon mm 2012 Mai Jason Don't Official World Semi Final miroslav lajcak Full Highlights Eurovision 2011 Song Championships project camelot Remote Viewing women's hockey Semifinal 2 Watch Again Close Reticulinibiru Max Red Ice Radio Jesse Ventura Your Eyes Cryptozoology championships International Qualifying 09/06/2012 BBC Three Anti Christ Solar Flare racing cars 17th May Commentator motorsports 20minorless Mertaranta Hockey David Icke Alex Jones ice hockey Of da azerbaijan Azerbaijan Bilderberg illuminati Conspiracy earthquake Reptilians motorsport California 27/05/2012 03132012SF Burlington Helsinki Germany 2011 game slovensko glassnote semifinal safetycar chevrolet MICHELISZ Autodromo Elections sourcefed Aliens Twiins Planet X Miroslav Atlantis kristína official halliday helsinki Gabriele TARQUINI Valencia Curitiba
Standard YouTube License
- 46:36 Martina Cole's Ladykillers - Elizabeth Báthory (2008)by outis88842,863 views
- 9:30 68 - Carlos Cala Presenta... La Condesa Sangrientaby DreamWarrior63,255 views
- 52:20 Bathory:Twilight Of The Gods (FULL)by BLACKDEATH4HOLLAND13,838 views
- 2:14:43 Bathory (2008) Audio Españolby HMfansSpain161,623 views
- 1:06:00 Bathory - Destroyer Of Worlds Full Album)by Dustin Kruise3,240 views
- 9:58 HRADY: ČACHTICEby TheARBOGAST4,583 views
- 55:46 Bathory - Hammerheart (Full Album)by Marcelo Arroyo46,663 views
- 5:13 Elizabeth Bathoryby Yann Verbeke59,887 views
- 23 videos Play all hrady a zámkyby MegaAsined
- 59:23 Bathory - Nordland I (Full Album)by Dustin Kruise11,231 views
- 10:03 Tajomstvo Čachtického podzemiaby Luna Wood6,295 views
- 10:01 The Most Evil Women In History - Bloody Mary Tudor (part1/3)by 1andonlyhistorylover1,521,565 views
- 5:07 Čachtický hrad 04 Katka Knechtová Bathory songby AMOS video96,447 views
- 3:21 Bathory (2008) - Trailerby MIACGC Vampiros138,280 views
- 9:21 Bathory - Nordlandby nt8814158,086 views
- 8:07 1942 - Hidden History of Slovakia / Part II.by peter1979sk47,084 views
- 5:54 elizabeth bathory. storyby fantasyangel198825,584 views
- 1:07:04 BÁTHORY 2by Audi80SzabadRiport20,851 views
- 7:43 Elizabeth Bathory -The Blood Countess-Part 2/3by Aimless Arun21,436 views
- 7:07 Slovakia - Slovenskoby kexi244,422 views