8/27/11 - Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On The Economy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 26, 2011
In the Weekly Republican Address, Nevada Senator Dean Heller discusses the recession, which has hit his state hard, and the impediments to job creation put up by the Obama administration.
Sen. Heller says, "Americans have had to endure great hardships over the past few years. This recession has robbed millions of people of their jobs, their homes, and their sense of security. No state has been hit harder than Nevada. My state has the unfortunate distinction of leading the nation in unemployment, foreclosures, and bankruptcies. There is no question that the status quo of dysfunctional government must end. People from all over the country are struggling just to get by and are desperate for real solutions.
"Unfortunately, job creation and economic growth has taken a back seat to political posturing and grandstanding in Washington. It is clear that the approach of this Administration and its supporters have taken for economic recovery has failed miserably. Out of control spending, a Health Care law that no one can afford, and a seemingly endless stream of regulations are crippling employers, stifling economic growth and killing jobs. Threats of a Cap and Trade bill that will cause energy costs to skyrocket, and efforts to pass Card Check Legislation that would take away American workers' rights to a secret ballot are more of the same.
"Instead of fighting for measures that create and protect jobs, this Administration has created more government that continues to impede economic growth at every turn. To paraphrase one of the business leaders in my state, this President and his policies have been a big wet blanket on our economy."
Sen. Heller says "we need to change course now" and suggests, "Let's pass a balanced budget amendment to force the federal government to live within its means, repeal the President's small business killing Health Care law, open up our country to energy exploration, and reverse the regulations that are tying the hands of entrepreneurs across America. We can help hasten an economic recovery by embracing pro-growth policies that place more money in the pockets of Americans. At the same time, we should be assisting those who have lost their jobs and need help. These are all the things that both this Administration and Congress could be doing immediately to boost economic recovery."
He adds, "Then we should take the aggressive steps of reforming our tax code, make it simpler for individuals and employers. Cut out the special interest loopholes while reducing the overall tax burden on all Americans. Instead of looking for new ways to tax the American public, we should make our tax code more competitive and provide businesses the stability they need to grow and create jobs. The continual threat of tax increases feeds the uncertainty that serves as an impediment to economic growth."
Sen. Heller concludes, "Let's give the American people a government that works for them. Removing impediments to job creation will get Americans working again and ensure our children and grandchildren have a brighter future."
Standard YouTube License
- 5:14 10/09/10: Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) Delivers The Weekly GOP Address On Democrats' Broken Promisesby gopweeklyaddress2,747 views
- 5:07 8/13/11 - Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Delivers Weekly GOP Address on Gov't Regulation and the Economyby gopweeklyaddress2,934 views
- 7:01 3/10/12 - Gov. Jack Dalrymple (R-ND) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On Creating Jobs In North Dakotaby gopweeklyaddress6,527 views
- 4:59 12/17/11 - Sen. John Barrasso Delivers Weekly GOP Address On Keystone XL Pipelineby gopweeklyaddress3,172 views
- 23:32 Senator Dean Heller NDAA Traitor and Coward , and You Too Rep Shelley Berkleyby David Lory VanDerBeek3,752 views
- 4:03:06 Syria Hearing Debate. FULL 3 + Hours. US Senate. The Authorization of Use of Force in Syriaby YOUTUBE NEWS11,715 views
- 10:00 George Galloway VS The US Senate 1 of 5by LSRochon154,452 views
- 51:36 SHELLEY BERKLEY vs DEAN HELLER Nevada Senate Debate ROUND 2by wwwMOXNEWScom358 views
- 3:13 Al Sharpton To Herman Cain 'Jon Stewart Is A Comedian, Your Policies Are A Joke'by thisisntme61,950 views
- 5:36 Reward For Stupidity: Tea-Party Republicans Start To Feel SHUT DOWN Backlashby politicalarticles12,845 views
- 3:07 President Continues to Play Politics With the Economyby RepublicanSenators357 views
- 10:08 Senator Ted Cruz not only Swept the floor on the Gun Control Hearings..he took out the trashby newsninja2012809,966 views
- 8:50 Senator Cornyn: Obama Administration Has Taken Lying To A New Level - The Kelly Fileby Mass Tea Party1,793 views
- 3:19 Mr. President, It's Time to Focus on Job Creation, Not Regulationby RepublicanSenators330 views
- 2:44 Even Looming Deadline Doesn't Prompt President to Develop Debt Planby RepublicanSenators390 views
- 57:59 SHELLEY BERKLEY vs DEAN HELLER Nevada Senate Debateby wwwMOXNEWScom1,070 views
- 10:06 Sen. John Ensigns last Senate Floor speech. (5-2-2011)by MrGogomofo281 views
- 47:57 Obama: The 2.0 Dictatorby TheAlexJonesChannel36,239 views
- 3:52 Senators living frat-style in D.C.by CNN15,778 views
- 9:19 Jon Stewart Open Fire Obama and Mayor Rob Ford - To day (14th November 2013)by New Update With More Detaile787,668 views
- Loading more suggestions...