NextBook Premium 7SE ICS Review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 12, 2012
A review of the new NextBook Premium 7SE with ICS. It's a 7" 800x480 tablet with the Cortex A8 1 GHz processor running Android 4.0.3 ICS. I paid $140 for it in Canada, probably will be cheaper in the US. Hardware seems solid - good built quality. Performance seems decent, little or no lag in response compared to some other lower-end tablets I've tried in stores, like the Coby. Capacitive touch screen - at least 2-points. No Google Play, but comes with GetJar and you can load 1Mobile or some other Android Market on easily enough, and given that there was an Android Market hack for the 7 Premium, I'm sure it won't be long til there's one for this as well, as it just seems to involve getting the appropriate SDK and then a suitable Google Apps package, but that is not my field of expertise.
Sorry for the audio quality (shot with a digicam)- I didn't have a lot of time to do this and re-do it, but I thought there might be people interested in this tablet who would want to see it live.
As indicated, I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it's been stable with no crashes or forced closes.
Dec 1, 2012 UPDATE: I no longer have this tablet, having moved on to the deeply discounted and better-spec'd Blackberry Playbook. The 32GB Playbook is regularly priced at $149 these days and is worth the $50 premium over the Nextbook because of its performance and 8x memory, IF AND ONLY IF you don't need access to every Android app under the sun. I will attempt to answer questions about the Nextbook from memory, but no longer have the device to verify the answers. On a side note, I see the latest version of the Nextbook Premium 7SE is on sale at for as little as $99 (the Source and Costco for sure, and either the Staples of London Drugs, I can't remember which). At $99, if you want an Android tablet, it is probably a good buy because you can purchase it locally and get warranty coverage. However, spec-wise, there are a lot of dual-core, HD tablets with more memory available drop-shipped from china for $30 or $40 more, but with the attendant shipping/warranty concerns that go with buying from China. If you just want to surf, check email, and have a calendar, and gaming isn't your thing, take a look at the Playbook.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:58 NextBook 8" Premium HD Review Pt 1by BudgeTech Reviews36,281 views
- 20:49 Tablet Computer Buying Adviceby Eli the Computer Guy66,501 views
- 10:36 How To Use Android 4 Tablets - Basics Of The Operating System - Tutorial For Androidby tabletpcuk243,605 views
- 14:08 How to use an Android Tablet - Connecting to WiFi and using the Android Browserby Help4Android81,155 views
- 4:42 Nextbook 7SE Premium reviewby RagingGinger4135,471 views
- 6:11 NEXT7P Firmware Updateby efunusa46,193 views
- 6:07 xtouch x704 7 tab 8gb wifi / x714 8gb wifiby Junu Nusrath22,836 views
- 13:58 How to Watch Unlimited Movies For Free From Your Android Phoneby IHaveAnEvo4g475,360 views
- 82 videos Play all Tabet PCby DealExtremeDV
- 12:05 NextBook 8 Inch Dual Core Tablet Review Part 2by The Tectip Channel4,624 views
- 9:54 Nextbook Root and STG2 part 1of2by azurequincy9,779 views
- 8:34 Nextbook Premium 8SE - videorecenze (review) CZby number44227,424 views
- 2:31 Hands on with E Fun Nextbook 7-inch and 8-inch tabletsby talkandroid13,122 views
- 7:50 Next book Premium 7 tabletby infinitymag019,640 views
- 4:45 Nextbook 7SE tablet / big lotsby rosaflowerr3,926 views
- 9:30 Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Tablet Unboxing Nextbook 8by MsAndroid32,083 views
- 12:15 Unboxing Nextbook premium 7" android internet tabletby jloz20317,375 views
- 1:50 Best tablets for reading books/magazinesby wcpo6,908 views
- 9:47 How to root your Pandigital 7" to turn it into an Android Tablet with Market Accessby aSiriusThoth405,466 views
- 1:33 Nextbook Premium SE Tabletby EuropeNextbook2,030 views