How To Make a Building Block Birthday Cake with Betty Crocker
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 19, 2010
A Betty Crocker expert and Howdini.com help you build a block birthday cake that is fun and easy thanks to cake mix, ready-to-spread frosting and marshmallows.
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Betty Crocker® red, yellow and blue gel food colors
Tray or cardboard (15x12 inches), covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
12 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan.
Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate or freeze cake about 1 hour or until firm.
Meanwhile, in small bowl for each color, tint 1 cup frosting red, 1 cup frosting yellow and 2/3 cup frosting blue with food colors. Leave remaining frosting white.
Using serrated knife, cut rounded dome from top of cake to make flat surface; place cake cut side down. Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Cut one of the thirds in half crosswise to make 2 squares. Place cake pieces on tray.
To seal in crumbs, frost top and sides of 1 square cake with thin layer of blue frosting and 1 square cake with thin layer of white frosting. Frost 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of yellow frosting and 1 rectangular cake with thin layer of red frosting. Refrigerate or freeze 30 to 60 minutes to set frosting.
Add final coat of frosting to each cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with blue frosting; place in square design on blue cake. Frost 4 marshmallow halves with white frosting; place in square design on white cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with yellow frosting; place on yellow cake. Frost 8 marshmallow halves with red frosting; place on red cake. Store loosely covered.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:06 MINECRAFT RICE KRISPY TREATS - NERDY NUMMIESby Rosanna Pansino Featured 679,246
- 6:38 How To Make a Princess Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV7,190,760 views
- 6:12 How To Decorate a Robot Birthday Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV682,602 views
- 6:27 How To Make an Electric Guitar Shaped Birthday Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV386,476 views
- 6:32 How To Make a Panda Bear Birthday Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV889,142 views
- 7:51 HOW TO MAKE A LEGO CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby Rosanna Pansino3,884,858 views
- 10 videos Play all legosby sexysexywife
- 6:20 How to make a pirate cake - Pirate birthday cake decorating ideasby Howdini2,403,309 views
- 4:46 Cómo hacer galletas: Galletas decoradas como oso de pelucheby HowdiniEspanol600,428 views
- 8:38 HOW TO MAKE A HAMBURGER CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby Rosanna Pansino5,871,781 views
- 6:50 Mermaid Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV673,678 views
- 6:33 Blue jeans birthday cake decorating ideas - How to make a cakeby Howdini3,644,004 views
- 5:19 Lego Batman Cakeby ConfettiCakes467,752 views
- 4:42 How to Make a Jack-O-Lantern Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV763,692 views
- 4:13 Re-ment miniatures & doll collection - Japanese bakery +mamachappby TanyaBubzee246,786 views
- 5:06 How to make an inchworm bug cake and bug cupcakesby Howdini3,483,723 views
- 3:47 CONSTRUCT A CHOCOLATE HOUSE- Video 1 of 3by Evette Rios52,056 views
- 7:01 How To Make a Barn Birthday Cake & Farm Animal Cupcakes with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV700,799 views
- 6:35 How To Make a Flip Flop Birthday Cake with Betty Crockerby BettyCrockerTV1,093,127 views
- 10:02 My Easy Bake Ovenby belensworld20,663,709 views