How To: Simulate Weight for Crocheted Garments to Avoid Stretching with Linda Permann
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 11, 2012
Click: http://www.craftsy.com/ext/YT_21_5 to learn more about Linda Permann's online class, Crochet: Beyond Rectangles!
Follow Craftsy Around the Web!
About Crochet: Beyond Rectangles:
Tired of crocheting scarves and blankets, but nervous about moving on to more complex patterns? Well, fear no more! In Beyond Rectangles, published author and crochet designer Linda Permann personally teaches you the techniques necessary to take your crocheting to new heights. In Beyond Rectangles, Linda demystifies the often intimidating process of choosing yarn, making (and measuring!) a gauge swatch, and crocheting garments. Stitch along with her as she guides you through a simple baby cardigan pattern, all the while sharing her tips and tricks for creating professional looking projects. Learn how to create smooth edges in your work, link stitches, increase, decrease, and shape sweater pieces. In-depth tutorials on blocking and finishing are sure to be invaluable for every level of crocheter, and you'll even learn a fun surface embellishment technique that you can use to make monograms, flowers, or any shape you can draw on the surface of your sweater. Gain the confidence you need to crochet your next garment, sign up today!
About Linda Permann:
Linda Permann is an internationally published crochet designer and writer. She writes the Crochet Doctor column for Crochet Today magazine, and is a frequent contributor to many magazines, including Interweave Crochet and Inside Crochet. Her work has also been featured on PBS' popular TV series, Knit and Crochet Now. She was the founding Craft and Decorating Editor of Adorn magazine, and loves to sew, knit and garden when she has spare time. Since learning to crochet more than 10 years ago, Linda has taught hundreds of people to hook. Her co-workers at Yarnivore, the local yarn shop where she teaches, call her the "Crochet Evangelist" in honor of her passionate enthusiasm for the craft. Read more about her at www.lindamade.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 40:41 Drop in the Pond Pt 1; Seven-Row granny squareby Bethintx1 Featured 190,601
- 1:41 How To: Make Your Own Dress Form for Fitting Crocheted Garmentsby Craftsy1,363 views
- 2:12 How To: Make a Gauge Swatch to Test Gauge & Tension for Your Crochet Projectby Craftsy2,886 views
- 2:29 Crocheting Tip: Working in the Round Without Adding Extra Stitches with Linda Permannby Craftsy10,104 views
- 1:07 How To: Take Your Measurements to Shape Your Crochet Garments with Marly Birdby Craftsy515 views
- 24:49 3D Spiral 8-Petal Flower Trim Around Tutrial 56by Sheruknittingcom64,618 views
- 4:39 Crochet Garment Construction with Red Heart Yarnsby Red Heart7,509 views
- 8:16 How To Make A Continuous Bias Stripby ErinComptonDesign109,779 views
- 1:40 Preview Crochet Sweater Studio: Creating Garments that Suit Your Shape with Robyn Chachulaby Interweave Craft9,257 views
- 9:55 Crocheted Popcorn Pinwheel Bed Spread by Frances Johnsonby ljm240390,525 views
- 47:12 Cornered Hearts: Crochet Friendship Square Project 2011by Bethintx1144,469 views
- 36:56 Gorro Beret en Crochet (En Español)by Yolanda Soto Lopez190,871 views
- 32:20 #Crochet Inspired by: Despicable Me Minion Beanie / Video 1by Yolanda Soto Lopez396,852 views
- 18:40 Streamer Child Crochet Hatby CROCHET GEEK126,544 views
- 14:55 Flor de 2 capas de 6 petalos - Tutorial de tejido crochetby Creando a Crochet778,301 views
- 28:10 Fastest Crochet Afghan - 3 Colors Never Ending Granny Square Tutorialby The Crochet Crowd359,326 views
- 11:04 How to Crochet a Scarf - Double Crochet Stitchby kristin b73,376 views
- 15:11 Como crochet flor bien facilby Ruby Stedman24,099 views
- 3:17 Crochet Blockingby Tanis Galik15,393 views
- 23:43 How To Crochet Ripple Afghan aka Wave or Rippleby The Crochet Crowd571,023 views
- Loading more suggestions...