The Panic Years by Doree Lewak
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 19, 2008
You know you're in the Panic Years when:
Your mom slips you the number of her tennis partner's son ... for the fifth time.
You've walked down the aisle dozens of times—just not as a bride.
Your "concerned friends" chip in for a subscription to Match.com for your birthday.
It's down to you and the five-year-old flower girl at the bouquet toss.
Upon hearing "Guess what? I'm engaged!" for the second time in one week, you disconnect your phone.
You actively scheme to win back your ex—even though he's already engaged to someone else.
Have you ever found yourself thinking, "If one more friend gets engaged I'm going to scream"?
Do the words taffeta and crinoline make you break into a cold sweat?
Does reading the wedding announcements section in the newspaper induce outright hyperventilation?
If so, congratulations! You've hit the Panic Years.
According to author Doree Lewak, the Panic Years mark the point (usually around your twenty-sixth birthday) when your dating agenda fundamentally changes—from dating for a fling to dating for a ring. Suddenly your newly married friends feel more like enemies, weddings become mocking reminders of your own single status, and you contemplate going on a reality TV show to find true love. What's a girl to do?
In The Panic Years, Lewak delivers a hilarious and helpful road map for conquering the Panic and finding Mr. Right. As Lewak shows, you can win the race to the altar by changing your tactics from Panicked to Proactive—and keeping your sense of humor along the way. You will learn how to:
Cope with Panic by Proxy—pushy friends and parents.
Successfully hunt for PFs (Potential Fiancés).
Project hotness and desirability.
Set—and stick to—dating time lines.
Avoid being bitter at your friends' weddings—and ruining all their pictures with that scowl on your face.
Get the ring and the proposal and seal the deal!
Packed with true-life stories from the Panic trenches as well as indispensable advice, The Panic Years is the ultimate guide for anyone who wants to survive her single years (with sanity intact), snag her perfect guy, and remain fabulous throughout it all.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:42 The Immortal Game by David Shenkby DoubledayPublishing2,273 views
- 3:26 The Girl's Guide to Kicking Your Career Into Gearby DoubledayPublishing384 views
- 2:01 You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader by Mark Sanbornby DoubledayPublishing4,678 views
- 1:10 Graffiti Grandpaby DoubledayPublishing438 views
- 4:48 Attackyouranxiety.com introby attackyouranxiety2,166 views
- 5:45 Tuck And Tie, Sew or No-Sew Tutu Tutorialby khayotikk307,856 views
- 4:16 Panic Years Fartherby PanicYears2,694 views
- 10:10 Dr. Melba Pattillo Beals Keynote Address - Excerptby Richard Upton2,559 views
- 6:16 Panic Years Reelby Inglishid1,282 views
- 3:45 How to Get Your Ex Back | Ways to Get Your Ex Back | Guaranteed to Get Your Ex Backby ElainesFunVids12,633 views
- 5:11 Fuoco barocco a Taurasi: Le Crinoline di Luceby FuocoBarocco365 views
- 4:10 Are YOU Socially Intelligent? Daniel Goleman - Social Intelligenceby ExpandedBooks130,147 views
- 9:16 Getting Pregnant - Fertility Options (Tamil Language) - Part 1by pudams72,450 views
- 3:08 Molly and Andrew's proposalby Jared Archbold1,351 views
- 7:43 DIY:No Sew Tutu/Petticoatby AlexKilledTheMilkman51,654 views
- 5:06 Sophie Kinsella on Shopaholic and Babyby BookLounge42,194 views
- 5:36 How to Make Crin Falls Cyberlox Style - DoctoredLocks.comby Doctored Locks20,943 views
- 2:19 video clip of 孙锐by qqsj8225,089 views
- 5:08 Wedding Flowers: Fashionable Wedding Bouquets and Flowersby brides19,587 views
- 1:55 Move Like Michael Jackson Hiphoplady Doree poppingby Hiphoplady116,048 views
- Loading more suggestions...