From Death Row, Mumia Abu Jamal (1/3)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2006
Video from the Partisan Defence Committee. Free Mumia NOW!! Mumia is an innocent man! Abolish the Racist Death Penalty!! (Part 1 of 3) More info @ http://icl-fi.org/
More FACTS going to...
I, MUMIA ABU-JAMAL, declare:
1. I am the Petitioner in this action. If called as a witness I could and would testify to the following from my own personal knowledge:
2. I did not shoot Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. I had nothing to do with the killing of Officer Faulkner. I am innocent.
3. At my trial I was denied the right to defend myself, I had no confidence in my court-appointed attorney, who never even asked me what happened the night I was shot and the police officer was killed, and I was excluded from at least half the trial.
4. Since I was denied all my rights at my trial I did not testify. I would not be used to make it look like I had a fair trial.
5. I did not testify in the post-conviction proceedings in 1995 on the advice of my attorney, Leonard Weinglass, who specifically told me not to testify.
6. Now for the first time I have been given an opportunity to tell what happened to me in the early morning hours of December 9, 1981. This is what happened:
7. As a cabbie I often chose 13th and Locust Street because it was a popular club area with a lot of foot traffic.
8. I worked out of United Cab on the night of 12/9/81.
9. I believe I had recently returned from dropping off a fare in West Philly.
10. I was filling out my log when I heard some shouting.
11. I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw a flashing dome light of a police cruiser. This wasn't unusual.
12. I continued to fill out my log/trip sheet when I heard what sounded like gun shots.
13. I looked again into my rear view mirror and saw people running up and down Locust.
14. As I scanned I recognized my brother standing in the street staggering and dizzy.
15. I immediately exited the cab and ran to his scream.
16. As I came across the street I saw a uniformed cop turn toward me gun in hand, saw a flash and went down to my knees.
17. I closed my eyes and sat still trying to breath.
18. The next thing that I remember I felt myself being kicked, hit and being brought out of a stupor.
19. When I opened my eyes, I saw cops all around me.
20. They were hollering and cursing, grabbing and pulling on me. I felt faint finding it hard to talk.
21. As I looked through this cop crowd all around me, I saw my brother, blood running down his neck and a cop lying on his back on the pavement.
22. I was pulled to my feet and then rammed into a telephone pole beaten where I fell and thrown into a paddy wagon.
23. I think I slept until I heard the door open and a white cop in a white shirt came in cursing and hit me in the forehead.
24. I don't remember what he said much except a lot of "n-----s", "black motherfuckers" and what not.
24. I believe he left and I slept. I don't remember the wagon moving for a while and when it did for sometime.
25. I awoke to hear the driver speaking over the radio about his prisoner.
26. I was informed by the anonymous crackle on the radio that I was en route to the police administration building a few blocks away.
27. Then, it sounded like "I.D.'d as M-1" came on the radio band telling the driver to go to Jefferson Hospital.
28. Upon arrival I was thrown from the wagon to the ground and beaten.
29. I was beaten again at the doors of Jefferson.
30. Because of the blood in my lungs it was difficult to speak, and impossible to holler.
31. I never confessed to anything because I had nothing to confess to.
32. I never said I shot the policeman. I did not shoot the policeman.
33. I never said I hoped he died. I would never say something like that.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the above is true and correct and was executed by me on 3 May, 2001, at Waynesburg, Pennsylvania.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:39 From Death Row, Mumia Abu Jamal (2/3)by valserx94,916 views
- 10:00 Stalin & Trotsky (1/2)by valserx29,811 views
- 7:38 From Death Row, Mumia Abu Jamal (3/3)by valserx58,456 views
- 10:00 Stalin & Trotsky (2/2)by valserx21,770 views
- 8:49 Martin Luther King and Malcolm X Debateby Raymond Fisher1,098,888 views
- 9:19 The Bombing of Osage Avenue, Philadelphia - May 13, 1985by Kennedy1op45,141 views
- 6:34 Mumia Abu-Jamal interview on prisonsby suzynycpvn91,310 views
- 10:01 Frank Lucas, discusses his life and American Gangsterby BeyondRaceMagazine438,522 views
- 12 videos Play all Mumia Abu-Jamal -Aside AT Split W/Man Is The Bastardby PowerViolence101
- 10:14 The FACTS Mumia Abu Jamal and Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner 1981by John Coffey6,458 views
- 4:49 Arnold Beverly's Confessionby valserx12,855 views
- 8:57 Death Row Interview: Mumia on the economyby suzynycpvn21,511 views
- 3:10 Kentucky Death Row Inmate Speaks Outby WLWT279,661 views
- 22:25 Death Row - Philippinesby Journeyman Pictures923,379 views
- 6:25 America's Prison Systemby MyBlackAmerica103,507 views
- 10:34 Mumia Abu-Jamal on Pres. Barack Obamaby IWantDemocracyNow14,956 views
- 8:37 'In Prison My Whole Life' Mos Def Interview Pt 1by BrightwideFilms182,418 views
- 9:50 Interview with death row inmate Stanley Tookie Williamsby Jasmyne Cannick589,261 views
- 8:06 Mumia Abu Jamal on imperial power and obamaby seanthedonconsidine16,669 views
- 7:54 Free Mumia Abu Jamalby Oobe71,550 views