HANDS SOLO: Award-Winning Mockumentary about the Deaf Man with the Midas Touch
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 29, 2011
What if a Deaf man became an internationally famous adult film star, all because he's very very good with his hands?
Hands Solo is a short comedy mockumentary about one lucky person who makes it to the top.
Director: William Mager
Writer: Charlie Swinbourne
Three years ago this month, I was in the pub with Charlie Swinbourne watching the end of a disappointing Euro 2008 game, when he reached into his rucksack and brought out a script he wanted me to read. It was called HANDS SOLO. I knew right there and then I wanted to make that film no matter what. It was the start of a beautiful working relationship, and a long filmmaking process.
3 years later, after many late night meetings, email exchanges, filming days and editing, Hands Solo has been round the world at various festivals, won lots of awards, reviewed in Empire magazine and Sight and Sound, shocked a few people and made even more people laugh. We've even caused an outrage in The Daily Mail which means we've finally become truly famous...
Most recently it was shown at Deaf in the Picture in Amsterdam and at Clin D'Oeil in Reims where it won best special effects for the amazing work done by the animator, James Merry.
It's now on YouTube and we want as many people as possible to watch it. You can help us to achieve this by:
1 - Watching, liking and commenting on the video on YouTube
2 - Passing it on to your friends by email
3 - Tweeting about it, facebooking it (and even putting it on MySpace and Bebo if you still use those)
4 - Become a fan of Hands Solo on facebook.
HANDS SOLO ON TUMBLR:
HANDS SOLO ON FACEBOOK:
BONUS DELETED SCENE:
Watch the never before seen DELETED SCENE which reveals the secret of Hands Solo's true powers and the tragedy behind his rise to stardom.
Thanks everyone for watching, and for your support!
BBFC Age Rating: 15 (please read this link for more guidance http://tinyurl.com/handsbbfc)
Running Time: 14 mins 32sec
Completed: October 2009
Format: HD-CAM SR 5.1
Producer: Colin Pons & Scott James Bassett
The film was supported by 104 Films and Lifesize Pictures as part of the UK Film Council's pioneering Magic Hour funding scheme.
This film all started with a drink in a pub in the summer of June 2008. The end result is the culmination of months of hard work, late evenings, weekends and any other hour we could find to make it happen!
HANDS SOLO: Matt Kirby
BUNNY COMELY: Nicola Stapleton
DAVE DENNIS : Ben Green
JANE TILSON: Deepa Shastri
ROGER ROGERS: Chris Curran
THE NARRATOR: Dominic Coleman
Visit the Official Website: http://www.hands-solo.com
Standard YouTube License
- 6:36 Quiet Signs of Love - Part 1by NationalRelayServiceFeatured 110,501
- 24:07 MY SONG the award winning drama about deaf identity and sign languageby billster1977 33,487 views
- 1:57 Deaf Muggerby billster1977 149,108 views
- 1:40 My Song - Official Trailerby billster1977 16,691 views
- 3:26 HANDS SOLO: The Untold Storyby billster1977 891 views
- 9:59 Four Deaf Yorkshiremenby Charlie Swinbourne 168,683 views
- 4:27 Deaf people DO have interesting jobs!by DeafChildren Aus 80,183 views
- 9:11 My Deaf Family "Pilot"by MyDeafFamily 507,885 views
- 10:01 Four Deaf Yorkshiremen 2by Charlie Swinbourne 30,716 views
- 8:39 Never Trust An Interpreterby David Hay 44,241 views
- 6:33 Coming Outby Charlie Swinbourne 213,877 views
- 9:20 Humor Deafby ofrank1971 266,000 views
- 3:19 World Deaf Camp 2012by cawwie22 49,273 views
- 1:31 Amazing: 29-Year-Old Deaf Girl Hearing Herself For The First Time!by EagleGang420 36,525 views
- 4:08 Accessby John Smith 10,456 views
- 9:38 Quiet Signs of Love - Part 2by NationalRelayService 60,107 views
- 13:48 Conspiracy Theories: A Mockumentaryby Itionobo2 3,059 views
- 2:59 deaf- A dumb betby abdola torabi 108,293 views
- 13:57 First Responder Communication with Deaf and Hard of Hearing Citizensby spokanefire 81,893 views
- 5:48 الصم deaf / الموضوع : خاطرةby MuslimToT 20,727 views
- Loading more suggestions...