How to Calculate Weight Watchers Points
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 15, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Diet Tips videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/290-Die...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Whether you need to lose 5 pounds or 100, use points to eat sensibly and stay on track toward a slimmer you.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Start with total points
Start by figuring out your total points for each day -- begin with 2 points if you're a woman, 8 points if you're a man.
Step 2: Factor in age
Factor in your age by adding 4 points if you are between 17 to 26, 3 points for ages 27 to 37, 2 points for 38 to 47, and 1 point if you're 48 to 58.
Step 3: Add in height and weight
Hop on the scale and add 1 point per 10 pounds of body weight. Add an additional point if you're between 5-foot-1 and 5-foot-10; 2 points if you're over 5-foot-10.
Step 4: Add in activity
Add 6 points for a labor-intensive job, add 2 points for a moderate level of activity, and if you're sedentary don't add any points. Add everything up to see the total number of points you're allowed to consume each day.
Recalculate your total points every 2 to 4 weeks to account for any weight loss.
Step 5: Calculate a meal's points
To calculate the number of points in each food, study the nutritional information. Divide the total calories by 50 and the total grams of fat by 12. Add these numbers together and write down the answer.
Search online for help calculating the total calories and fiber of non-packaged foods like fruits and vegetables or talk to a nutritionist for guidance.
Step 6: Divide fiber
Divide the total amount of dietary fiber by 5 and subtract this number from the number you got in step 5. This represents the total points of the food item.
Use Weight Watchers' brand meals or recipes to easily calculate the points instead of using this formula each time.
Step 7: Deduct meal points from daily points
Deduct each meal from your total allowance of daily points. Plan each meal ahead of time as you work toward your weight loss goal.
Did You Know?
An adult blue whale, the largest animal on Earth, eats nearly 8,000 pounds of krill per day.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:48 How I lost 9.4 Pounds In One Week: Weight Watchers Onlineby BEATFACEHONEY Featured 32,134
- Weight Watchers 117 videos6K
- 1:59 How to Lose Weight Fastby Howcast210,674 views
- 1:53 How to Choose Healthy Foods that Help You Lose Weightby Howcast18,837 views
- 1:56 How to Lose Weight with Five Secret Tipsby Howcast708,907 views
- 1:36 How to Keep Your Stomach Looking Flatby Howcast668,348 views
- 15:21 HOW WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS WORKS!by Stef13857,488 views
- 10:02 Favorites on Weight Watchers Points Plus Systemby lifemyweigh84,738 views
- 7:29 WeightWatchers Week 4 & Before and After Photosby jwacqui36,922 views
- 8:00 Weight Watchers Miracle Foodby blesbey36,942 views
- 7:07 How Does The New Weight Watchers PointsPlus Program Work?by Jennifer Connor Fitness18,427 views
- 10:28 How to Make Your Own Weight Watcher Calculator Using Excelby TarotLadyLissa37,098 views
- 14:59 From 293 to 126 ... What does it all look like???by 1healthierHeather366,839 views
- 5:30 Todays Weight watchers points plus fast simple 6 point lunch!by s Last20,077 views
- 9:10 weight watchers day 23, weight watchers points plusby djbrec14,549 views
- 8:05 Top 5 Tips For Portion Controlby Heather C18,248 views
- 11:01 How to Lose Weight with Weight Watchers Points Systemby Kendra Fletcher21,569 views
- 3:25 Weight Watchers- Filling Breakfastby blesbey110,351 views
- 13:45 Weight Watchers: Grocery Haul/Shopping List Ideas!by QuinnMakeUp18,581 views
- 3:23 Week 38: One year on Weight Watchers; Before and Afterby melissahaslotstolove232,131 views