2008Dec2 Most dangerous sport in the world: Wingsuit flying mp4 Matchstick Production skimovie
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2008
2008Dec2 Most dangerous sport in the world: Wingsuit flying mp4 Matchstick Production skimovie lpic jean albert
If I would be asked what is the most thrilling, scary and dangerous sport is, i would say its Wingsuit flying! According to our beloved Wikipedia: Wingsuit flying is the art of flying the human body through the air using a special jumpsuit, called a wingsuit, that shapes the human body into an airfoil which can create lift. The wingsuit creates the airfoil shape with fabric sewn between the legs and under the arms. It is also called a birdman suit or squirrel suit.
But hey, lets put the theory aside and watch this incredible video of those human squirrels falling just few centimeters away from the cliff:
(MSPs wingsuit segment from Seven Sunny Days)
Pretty impresive, yes? If you got interested heres some history for you:
Between 1930 and 1961 71 out of 75 people have died trying to perfect a wingsuit. Nevertheless some of those pioneers have successfully glided for miles and inspired many people to keep trying.
In the mid-1990s, a French skydiver Patrick de Gayardon developed a quite reliable wingsuit which brought the endeavor into the modern age. Unfortunately he died on April 13, 1998 while testing his latest modification.
In 1998, Jari Kuosma of Finland and Robert Pecnik of Croatia teamed up to fulfill their dream of creating a wingsuit that was safe and accessible for all skydivers when they established BirdMan, Inc. BirdMans Classic, designed by Robert Pecnik, was the first wingsuit offered to the general public.
Some additional facts:
A typical skydivers terminal velocity: 110 to 140 mph or from 180 to 225 km/h.
Birdmans velocity: dramatically reduced speeds, a momentary speed of 25 mph or 40 km/h has been recorded, however 60 mph or 95 km/h is more typical.
Materials used in wingsuit: Rip-Stop nylon and or Parapack with thin plastic ribs
Can you try it? The United States Parachute Association (USPA) recommends in the Skydivers Information Manual, that any jumper flying a wingsuit for the first time have at least 200 jumps and be accompanied by an instructor or 500 jumps experience without instruction.
Wingsuit manufacturers offer training courses and certify instructors.
Share and Enjoy:
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Under Man (Instrumental)" on
- 1:55 The World's Most Dangerous Sportsby BuzzFeedVideo Featured 247,712
- 17:34 Wingsuit Proximity perfect momentby Wingsuit Proximity65,396 views
- 14:49 Kabbadi Match Dina jhelum 31 10 2010 Chaudhry Naja Meelu Dhunni Kharianby Naja Meelu44,175 views
- 8:15 WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS AND DEADLY SPORTS TOP 10by 87gasolina23,168 views
- 1:37 Man jumps 1000feet, parachute doesn't open (live video)by Ratchet Newz158,837 views
- 4:14 Funny Jeb Corliss interview - Recounts His Table Mountain Flying Accident.mp4by ScottFreeDesign12,497 views
- 3:22 Must watch!! Wingsuit jump goes horribly wrong!!!by Kieron Elliott754,865 views
- 5:04 Wingsuit World Recordby Golden Knights, US Army Parachute Team880,941 views
- 10:28 Awesome Extreme Sports 2013by MULTICANALDOGAMER85,829 views
- 3:32 World's most dangerous road bridge. EXTREMEby AdventureTeam2,490,908 views
- 2:12 most dangerous snake in the worldby stopchiyski99,089 views
- 4:26 The Wingsuit Landing Projectby wingsuitflying464,063 views
- 1:35 Dwain Weston R.I.Pby Alexander Johnston153,567 views
- 7:21 2008Aug19 TWO (2) Elephants Reunited After 20 Years mp4 KPBS documentary newsby cgawmanila278,893 views
- 10:22 Wingsuite World Record-Tuesdayby UtahSkydive9,542 views
- 2:05 Hale and Pace - Really Dangerous Sports Clubby Lostclassix29,495 views
- 7:12 P38 & Corsair training. January 2013by Eric Goujon37,630 views
- 3:01 Wingsuit flying with rocketboots - CRAZY!by BIRDMAN ltd522,471 views
- 7:49 The Eiger Wingsuit flightsby JokkeSommer45,941 views
- 2:57 GO FAST! wing suit and jet packby oneseriouslytraininc218,006 views
- Loading more suggestions...