Dr. Christy: Heatwave not what "Global Warming Looks Like" Rather what "Mother Nature Looks Like"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 1, 2012
Dr. John Christy, Alabama's State Climatologist, Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville testified before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works hearing on global warming and stated:
"During the heat wave of late June and early July, high temperature extremes became newsworthy. Claims that there were thousands of records broken each day and that "this is what global warming looks like" got a lot of attention.
However, these headlines were not based on climate science. As shown in Figure 1.3 of my testimony it is scientifically more accurate to say that this is what Mother Nature looks like, since events even worse than these have happened in the past before greenhouse gases were increasing like they are today.
Now, it gives some people great comfort to offer a quick and easy answer when the weather strays from the average rather than to struggle with the real truth, which is, we don't know enough about the climate to even predict events like this.
A climatologist looking at this heat wave would not be alarmed because the number of daily high temperature records set in the most recent decade was only about half the number set in the 1930s as shown in my written testimony. I suppose most people have forgotten that Oklahoma set a new record low temperature just last year of 31 below. And in the past two years, towns from Alaska to my home state of California established records for snowfall. The recent anomalous weather can't be blamed on carbon dioxide.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:03 Twisted's Texas Heat Wave Coverage-Austin,TX-PT.2by twistedchild420 Featured 5,847
- 32:24 Inhofe Welcomes Senate Back to Global Warming Debate - Part 2by JimInhofePressOffice670 views
- 12:15 Inhofe Intros Bill To Avoid Sequestrationby JimInhofePressOffice740 views
- 7:49 As Senate Returns to Debate on Global Warming Science, Inhofe Says Alarmist Movement Has Collapsedby JimInhofePressOffice2,370 views
- 1:29:59 Evacuate Earth (death by a neutron star) full movie in HDby Vesta MediaDOQ989,124 views
- 7:49 John Christy VS Gavin Schmidt On Climate Gateby SaveOurSovereignty311,820 views
- 15:18 Climate Fraud! Global Warming Hoax! Professor John R. Christyby GeorgeGreekTrucker8,039 views
- 5:41 Sessions Opening Remarks At Hearing On Global Warming Regulationby SenatorSessions1,453 views
- 1:03:24 Climate Science Debate : Global Warming Alarmist VS. Global Warming Skepticby CheckThrice223,767 views
- 12:28 Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A fascinatingly disturbing thoughtby MrAbkebab Explore the Universe380,665 views
- 1:08:23 Burt Rutan on Climate Change - WUWT-TV November 14th 2012by ClimateCentral11,251 views
- 12:35 Professor John Christy on 2GBby ClimateScam1,397 views
- 15:01 Dr David Evans: Global Warming is Manmade? (1 of 2)by David Evans15,213 views
- 2:41 Hitler's Reaction to the Watts Studyby M4GW12,343 views
- 19:55 Bill Nye: The Science Guy - Electricity (Full Episode)by PrimitivePatri0t32,099 views
- 10:46 Climate Realist Marc Morano Debates Bill Nye the Science Guy on Global Warmingby OnlyWaxing226,153 views
- 1:29:41 It's Too Late To Stop Climate Change, WE ARE DEAD, Guy McPherson 18Nov2013by Vincent Eastwood2,831 views
- 2:33:17 Joe Rogan Podcast #310 - Neil deGrasse Tyson (Astrophysicist)by GuyGirlGaming117,856 views
- 1:13:33 The great global warming swindleby ClimateScam1,024 views
- 1:30:00 Down To The Earths Core National Geographicby Patrick Carta516,216 views
- Loading more suggestions...