Dr. Christy: Heatwave not what "Global Warming Looks Like" Rather what "Mother Nature Looks Like"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 1, 2012
Dr. John Christy, Alabama's State Climatologist, Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville testified before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works hearing on global warming and stated:
"During the heat wave of late June and early July, high temperature extremes became newsworthy. Claims that there were thousands of records broken each day and that "this is what global warming looks like" got a lot of attention.
However, these headlines were not based on climate science. As shown in Figure 1.3 of my testimony it is scientifically more accurate to say that this is what Mother Nature looks like, since events even worse than these have happened in the past before greenhouse gases were increasing like they are today.
Now, it gives some people great comfort to offer a quick and easy answer when the weather strays from the average rather than to struggle with the real truth, which is, we don't know enough about the climate to even predict events like this.
A climatologist looking at this heat wave would not be alarmed because the number of daily high temperature records set in the most recent decade was only about half the number set in the 1930s as shown in my written testimony. I suppose most people have forgotten that Oklahoma set a new record low temperature just last year of 31 below. And in the past two years, towns from Alaska to my home state of California established records for snowfall. The recent anomalous weather can't be blamed on carbon dioxide.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:39 George Carlin on Global Warmingby http://www.youtube.com/user/FluorideIsBadForYouFeatured 539,989
- 7:49 As Senate Returns to Debate on Global Warming Science, Inhofe Says Alarmist Movement Has Collapsedby JimInhofePressOffice 2,281 views
- 32:24 Inhofe Welcomes Senate Back to Global Warming Debate - Part 2by JimInhofePressOffice 626 views
- 9:38 Inhofe Welcomes Senate Back to Global Warming Debate - Part 1by JimInhofePressOffice 729 views
- 12:15 Inhofe Intros Bill To Avoid Sequestrationby JimInhofePressOffice 702 views
- 1:03:24 Climate Science Debate : Global Warming Alarmist VS. Global Warming Skepticby CheckThrice2 14,618 views
- 1:08:23 Burt Rutan on Climate Change - WUWT-TV November 14th 2012by ClimateCentral 8,862 views
- 10:46 Climate Realist Marc Morano Debates Bill Nye the Science Guy on Global Warmingby Canal de OnlyWaxing 58,280 views
- 12:00 The Truth About Global Warming - Science & Distortion - Stephen Schneiderby GlobalClimateNews 103,209 views
- 4:47 World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutesby kolomaire 2,200,704 views
- 36:23 Global Warming where is the alarm? with Dr. John Christyby AuburnUniversity 5,682 views
- 7:49 John Christy VS Gavin Schmidt On Climate Gateby SaveOurSovereignty3 11,406 views
- 3:27 BBC's biased reporting of Global Warming - intro versionby BedfordDamVan 9,680 views
- 1:13:33 The great global warming swindleby ClimateScam 955 views
- 16:48 Al Gore on David Letterman [28 March, 2013]by WeDiggLetterman 12,127 views
- 3:37 3000 Watt Generator Powers Itself, Grinder & Drill Press.by TheWorldSolutions's channel 3,053,414 views
- 2:02 Boeing x-32by stealthyf23 76,243 views
- 11:43 Dr. Robin Harfouche shares her testimony - Part 1by chmmedia 7,588 views
- 21:53 Noam Chomsky "Global Warming and The Common Good"by LeighaCohen 8,292 views
- 2:17:59 Inculture(s) 1 : La culture - Franck Lepage - Scop Le Pave - Conférence gesticuléeby rabatakeu 63,152 views
- Loading more suggestions...