Linus Pauling: Nature of the Universe
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 1, 2008
The Genius of Dr. Linus Pauling
The world's only 2 time unshared Nobel Prize winner, Dr. Linus Pauling, stated "You can trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency." Dr. Linus Pauling practiced this personally and lived to the age of 93 (Feb 28, 1901 - Aug 19, 1994). He was awarded a Nobel in Chemistry for his work on the nature of chemical bonds, and the Nobel Peace Prize for his work against nuclear testing. Linus Pauling was considered to be the father of molecular biology, implementing the science of Quantum Mechanics with that of biology. Genius quite often operates outside the popular ingrained beliefs of society, and is often not recognized as being genius until many years, decades, or even centuries later. "It takes one to know one." Linus Pauling talked of nutrients (especially vitamin C, niacin and lysine) being used in high dosages as being the prevention and cure for many mental and physical disorders/diseases (heart disease, schizophrenia), but much of the scientific & medical community in those days were not able to step outside their chemical pharmaceutical beliefs. Even now, over 40 years later, this information is still largely rejected. It is however slowly gaining acceptance. The abundance of health foods stores, and the massive growth in sales of organic foods displays this quite clearly. People are finally becoming aware that there is a reason degenerative disease rates are continuously rising, and that it's largely due to malnutrition.
"Ortho" means "correct" or "right" and a "molecule" is "the smallest particle of a substance that retains all the properties of the substance and is composed of one or more atoms". So "orthomolecular" means "correct molecule", and the correct molecules that are being referred to are nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, enzymes, essential fatty acids, etc.
Orthomolecular medicine is the practice of preventing and treating disease by providing the body with optimal amounts of substances which are natural to the body, quite often in megadoses exceeding the "normal" recommended daily dosage. The purpose is to restore the optimum environment of the body by correcting imbalances and/or deficiencies.
It's important to stress that this is not referring to the use of the artificial inorganic chemically produced vitamins that are so popular in stores nowadays. This refers to natural organic supplements "normally found in the body". Organic matter is something that has been derived from living things, and contains carbon, or is carbon-bond.
Orthomolecular psychiatry is simply the use of "the right molecules in the right amounts" to help prevent and treat mental and emotional disorders such as ADHD, alcoholism, Alzheimer's Disease, anxiety, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, drug addiction, hyperactivity, retardation, schizophrenia, and senility. This provides the optimal molecular environment for the mind.
Nutrients, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, enzymes, co-enzymes, antioxidants, phytochemicals, etc. are absolutely required in order for the body to function properly. Minerals are largely obtained from the foods we eat, and the mineral content of our foods depends upon the mineral content of the soil that it's grown in. So if our soils are depleted of minerals from the use of chemicals, so are our foods, and so are our bodies in turn. If our processed machine-made food is inorganic, that doesn't supply the body with what it needs either. If the body doesn't receive all of the proper raw materials that it needs, health problems and degenerative diseases are sure to follow. Many of the "foods" we buy in the grocery store today are severely lacking in nutrients and/or they contain harmful contaminants.
A natural organic body requires natural organic things.
"Let food be your medicine, let medicine be your food." - Hippocrates
Standard YouTube License
- 1:25 Linus Pauling on vitamin C in urine (1993)by OrthomolecularMedFeatured 31,079
- 5:21 Preventing Illnesses and Diseases with Vitamin Cby prokopton 56,345 views
- 10:04 Vitamin C - Worse than sugar? (Part 1)by kensvitaminutes 49,948 views
- 4:48 Cure for Heart Disease...Without Drugs or Surgeryby prokopton 38,771 views
- 9:57 Gregg Braden - The Holographic Nature of The Universeby Rick Kline 339,692 views
- 191 videos Play all Psychology & Health Iby SovereignBeing
- Linus Pauling 309 videos15
- 6:36 Niacin may increase lifespan, Abram Hoffer, MD and Linus Pauling, PhD live to 92 and 93by Larry Hobbs 9,675 views
- 1:43:17 The Extraordinary Genius of Albert Einsteinby laroucheyouth 554,147 views
- 2:53 Vitamin C, Heart Disease, Cancer, Collagen, Linus Paulingby prokopton 30,415 views
- 2:34 Mental Disorders as Molecular Disease, Linus Paulingby prokopton 6,026 views
- 50:40 Linus Pauling Lecture: Valence and Molecular Structure Part 1by OregonStateUniv 16,231 views
- 10:53 Nutritional Links to Depression and Mental Illnessby Income2Lastalifetime 81,790 views
- 9:33 Jim Williams Magnesium Deficiency and Symptomsby George Esser 49,786 views
- 2:39 The 5 Best Foods on the Planetby Christopher Hole 868,945 views
- 4:54 The Genetics of Illness and Disease, Linus Paulingby prokopton 11,181 views
- 1:23 Enzyme Research and Treatment, Linus Paulingby prokopton 10,140 views
- 9:18 Heroin, Cocaine, Crack, Meth Addiction Treatmentby prokopton 119,184 views
- 7:51 Natural Mental Health Cures - Orthomolecular Psychiatryby psychetruth 24,995 views
- 3:19 Linus Pauling orthomolecular medicine until end of milleniumby OrthomolecularMed 6,936 views
- 1:43:24 Absolute Zeroby PBS 514,588 views
- 2:10 127 Hours -- greatest movie of 2010.by Paul Kangas 3,574 views
- Loading more suggestions...