'The Avengers' End Credits Scene Explained
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 7, 2012
http://bit.ly/MZP7ab - The Avengers End Credit Scene!
http://bit.ly/IIERTI - The Avengers Clevver U!
http://bit.ly/qsofx0 - The Avengers Trailer!
http://bit.ly/clevvermovies - Click to Subscribe!
http://Facebook.com/ClevverMovies - Become a Fan!
http://Twitter.com/ClevverMovies - Follow Us!
Did the end credit scene of The Avengers cause you to turn to the person next to you and ask, "Who's that?" Don't worry, we've got you covered. Now it probably goes without saying, but from here on out, this will be a spoiler heavy zone. You've been warned!
Anyone who has seen a Marvel movie since 2008's Iron Man and stayed through the credits, knows that a set-up to the next film is usually teased. Some of these teases included the first appearance of Nick Fury in Iron Man, the reveal of Thor's hammer in Iron Man 2 and the plot of The Avengers with Loki's interest in the tesseract was set-up at the end of Thor.
If you actually stayed through the credits of The Avengers you most likely saw a scene that takes place in deep space. Loki's partner in crime known as "The Other" - he was the shrouded figure that supplied Loki with the army of Chitauri to take over Earth - is talking to an as yet unrevealed character about the might of the Avengers proving that Earth could be a real threat and to launch another attack "would be to court death". Then, a purple faced creature turns to the camera and smirks. This person is Thanos, and most likely will be the villain that The Avengers will have to face in the sequel.
For those of you unfamiliar, Thanos first appeared in an issue of Iron Man back in the early 1970's, but is probably most well known from "The Infinity Gauntlet" limited series from 1991. Thanos is an alien that is obsessed with death, both literally and figuratively. He uses the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, known as the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, to destroy half of all life in the universe, with several of Earth's mightiest superheroes killed in the process, though most of the storylines have the dead coming back to life using the Infinity Gauntlet to undo Thanos' destruction. Needless to say, expect to see some Avengers meeting their demise when they go up against this Titan.
Now, there is no guarantee that Thanos will in fact be the villain in The Avengers sequel. It is possible that this end credit scene could in fact be a setup for another Marvel film. We know that Iron Man 3 will feature what is being called "real world threats", so an alien villain is highly unlikely. We also know Captain America 2 will focus on Steve Rogers learning to fit into a modern world, so a Thanos appearance in that film is highly unlikely as well. If Thanos isn't a setup for The Avengers 2 but another Marvel film, the most likely culprit would be Thor 2. Thor is already closer to that world and the Infinity Gauntlet already made an appearance in the original Thor, so a battle between Thor and Thanos wouldn't be out of the question. We do think we won't see him until The Avengers 2 though.
So what did you think of The Avengers end credits scene? What do you think a Thanos appearance means for the sequel? Let us know in the comment section and be sure to subscribe to ClevverMovies to stay up to date on all your Avengers news. I'm Misty Kingma, thanks for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:00 The Avengers "A New Threat" End Credit Clip Official 2012 [HD 1080]by Clevver MoviesFeatured 210,576
- 2:36 'Black Widow' Movie To Be Origin Story?by Clevver Movies 64,780 views
- 2:18 'Captain America 2' To Be Closest To 'The Avengers'by Clevver Movies 396,235 views
- 3:55 Mark Ruffalo Talks "Hulk" In 'The Avengers'by Clevver Movies 233,083 views
- 8 videos Play all Avengers After The Credits Sceneby boxintypex
- StarXtreme 619 videos5K
- 9:47 Avengers 2 Gets a Release Date! Plus Guardians of the Galaxy, The Walking Dead Movie & Daredevil!by FilmState 133,599 views
- 3:41 Honest Trailers - The Avengersby screenjunkies 4,143,259 views
- 3:19 All Stan Lee Cameos! The Avengers scene is included too!by Norsk Dub 258,159 views
- 1:27 The Avengers - Alternate Opening Deleted Scene (HD)by joblomovienetwork 467,810 views
- 1:01 Marvel's The Avengers Deleted Scene 1by MARVEL 409,717 views
- 1:53:12 Marvel's The Avengers Red Carpet World Premiereby MARVEL 1,021,619 views
- 20:03 On the set of The Avengers (HD)by r3loadnet 999,372 views
- 2:14 Chris Hemsworth Talks 'Thor 2' Villain & Style (Spoiler Alert!)by Clevver Movies 96,560 views
- 2:01 Hulk Movie Coming In 2015?by Clevver Movies 250,443 views
- 1:51 'Iron Man 3' End Credits Scene Revealed?by Clevver Movies 2,279,549 views
- 1:23 Thor Hidden Easter Eggs And Secrets [HD]by clarkkent999 197,742 views
- 1:43 Thor Ending Credits [Spoiler] The Avengersby Klark Cent 164,828 views
- 5:39 What Does Nick Fury Do? (The Avengers Movie) | Spill.com - Animated Shortby spillcom 1,982,832 views
- 1:09 The Avengers - Complete Shawarma Post Credits Scene *HD*by Mikey3200 239,899 views
- 2:19 'The Avengers' Sequel Announced & Joss Whedon Thanks Fansby Clevver Movies 32,368 views
- 2:11 'The Avengers' Opens To Record $200+ Million!by Clevver Movies 20,734 views
- Loading more suggestions...