Stop the Drones
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 22, 2012
"It is becoming abundantly clear that the long-term security of the United States is being significantly undermined by the short-term security goals that our combat drone program purports to meet. It is becoming increasingly clear that our combat drone program is not going to make us any safer.
"The New York Times recently published an op-ed written by a 23 year old Yemini democracy activist detailing how our drone strikes in Yemen have actually increased al-Qaeda's presence in the country and are 'leading to the...the radicalization of people who could otherwise be America's allies in the fight against terrorism in Yemen.' He continues: 'Drone strikes are causing more and more Yemenis to hate America and join radical militants; they are not driven by ideology but rather by a sense of revenge and despair.'
"Our drone program's unpopularity is not just specific to Yemen. The Pew Research Center recently released a multi-national poll that showed that 'in 17 of 20 countries, more than half disapprove of U.S. drone attacks.' A U.N. special rapporteur on extrajudicial killings stated that our drone strikes threatens 50 years of international law.
"Just imagine how you would feel if a member of your family was a victim of a drone strike. Imagine if a foreign nation such as Iran launched that drone. This is the devastation, death and destruction that we deliver around the world.
"Congress must weigh in and ensure that actions being done in our name are compliant with applicable U.S. and international laws. That is why I led a group of 26 Members of Congress last week in demanding accountability and transparency from our combat drone program, and asking that the Administration consider the significant anti-American sentiment that is growing as a result of our drone strikes. We demand answers."
Standard YouTube License
- 2:28 Members of Congress demand answers about the combat drone programby DJKucinich 278 views
- 1:13:53 Drones Briefingby DJKucinich 1,961 views
- 1:13 Kucinich Builds Support for Congressional Demand for Legal Justification of Drone Strikesby DJKucinich 424 views
- 3:26 The Key to Economic Recovery; Kucinich Explains Monetary Reformby DJKucinich 5,305 views
- 26:30 Attack of the Drones - USAby journeymanpictures 932,049 views
- 6:20 How Obama's drones stir growing hatred of America and fuel terrorismby StoptheWarCoalition 4,451 views
- 3:12 Dassault Aviation - Neuron Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) First Flight [1080p]by arronlee33 27,148 views
- 10:39 Sangreal & The RH Negative Blood Typeby TheStarchild2009 7,614 views
- 1:48 X-47B Northrop Grumman (KILLER) UAV Drone United States Navyby crazynaska 9,362 views
- 8:10 "This Line Of Questioning Is Repugnant!" Dennis Kucinich On Fast And Furiousby MOXNEWSd0tC0M 1,581 views
- 3:10 Russian 6th generation MiG Skat UCAV - Beyond 5th gen Sukhoi T-50 PAK FAby PowerRossiya 545,051 views
- 1:03:12 Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter, Holt Lecture on International Lawby pennlawschool 2,241 views
- 2:13 X-47B UAV U.S. Navy NEW UPDATED Flight Test Highlights ** Summer 2011 **by crazynaska 68,142 views
- 4:52 X47B & autonomous dronesby cplai 6,294 views
- 5:15 Krauthammer On Drones Flying In US: "Stop It Here, Stop It Now"by planetearthawakens02 3,976 views
- 2:05 Unmanned Systems - Tom Vice - Aerospace Systemsby Northrop Grumman 1,079 views
- 0:02 UPDATE U.S. drone high tech falls into Iranian hands Dec 9 2011by bonanza91v 375 views
- 3:31 Dueling Banjos - Sleepy Man Banjo Boys - Revenge of the Guitarby sleepymanbanjoboys 1,168,969 views
- 1:38 UFO - during the war in Kajaki, Afghanistan. August 2012. denunceitaliane.itby denunce italiane 370 views
- 6:41 Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back Chewbacca Supercut (part 1)by Curt Hanks 81,668 views
- Loading more suggestions...