Identify Trends, Increase Proactive Maintenance and Lower Costs with IBM Maximo Software
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 8, 2011
Consolidate data to identify trends, increase proactive maintenance and reduce long-term maintenance costs with IBM Maximo software.
I'm Rory Bell. I work for Fulton Hogan, and my title is plant asset systems manager.
Fulton Hogan was started 1933 in South Island in New Zealand.
There's 5,500 employees. It works in all states in Australia and three out in New Zealand. It works in the civil contracting area and resource-based areas around bitumen asphalt quarrying and works in roading, structural concrete and airports, things like that.
Maximo Asset Management has improved the service we can supply to our clients because they know that their plant is safe, it's efficient, and that it's going to complete the contracts on time.
70 percent of the work that we did was reactive maintenance. In other words, when the plant broke down, we fixed it. Now we're down to 9 percent reactive maintenance, so we have very few breakdowns in the field and that's translated into probably 2.5 million to 3 million in savings in dollars alone.
We're getting, as far as data consolidation is concerned, we're getting very, very good data on the repairs and maintenance costs on the vehicles, which is allowing us to trend that information over the years. We've had—we've seen in the first instance quite an increase in cost as we got on top of all the maintenance that was—the deferred maintenance that was on the vehicles, when they're maintained properly, was quite a bit of expenditure to get it up to that stage, but we've gone over the big increase, and we're now on the down side, and maintenance costs are reducing significantly.
The upgrade to Maximo 7 will give us a foundation to do whole-of-life management for a plant, including budgeting. As we write our reports and take the number of years that the machine works or the number of kilometers it does for the year, we can then predict or planning out or produce a budget that is going to give us all the dollars and more or less the cash flow through the year of what that machine is going to do.
It will give us good visibility of workload right through the year and for a number of years ahead.
Maximo 7's tailored dashboards will allow us to feed the information to the people in the specific role the dashboard sit to, to get the right information to make better decisions.
Maximo has integrated with their existing business processes very well. The real work is happening around the changing the culture that is and the processes that feed the information into Maximo. There's been considerable work done in that area, and that has given us the big results. But without Maximo, the tool that gives structure and logic to work to, it would have been much harder.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:06 Total Productive Maintenance: TPMby EMS Consulting Group Inc.Featured 3,824
- 3:21 Consolidating Data Systems and Smarter Decision-Making with IBM Maximo Softwareby ibmservicemanagement 364 views
- 2:33 Improved Asset Management and Decreased Emergency Response Times with IBM Maximo Softwareby ibmservicemanagement 356 views
- 3:49 Enterprise Asset Management: GM Uses Maximo as a Global Maintenance Solutionby ibmservicemanagement 29,596 views
- 2:07 Asset Management and Increased Productivity with IBM Maximo Softwareby ibmservicemanagement 483 views
- 6:39 IBM Maximo General Demonstrationby Projetech 32,378 views
- 3:46 Proactive vs Reactiveby Mark Sayers 364 views
- 14:26 Fixed Asset Management Systemby ExcelsoftTechnology 1,207 views
- 4:41 Smarter buildings at IBM Rochester, MNby SBKarl 1,847 views
- 9:08 Maximo PM Job Plan Sequence Explainedby KellerExxtreme 8,543 views
- 2:17 Intelligent Asset Management for Utilities with IBM Maximo Softwareby ibmservicemanagement 805 views
- 7:02 Jim Fletcher Discusses IBM Smarter Building Technologiesby ibmservicemanagement 164 views
- 2:36 Maximo for the Farmby ibmservicemanagement 1,349 views
- 14:59 IBM Maximo 7.5 New Features Part 1by Projetech 2,462 views
- 6:41 Basic Maximo KPI Creationby KellerExxtreme 6,092 views
- 2:04 If Only There was Maximo for the Homeby ibmservicemanagement 713 views
- 5:51 The ENBALA Power Networkby ENBALAPower 1,052 views
- 6:53 Asset Tracking and Personnel Safety in Chemicals and Petroleum Industryby ibmservicemanagement 448 views
- 4:01 Making Cities Smarter with IBM and Esriby 2109rlt 3,335 views
- 4:31 Introducing IBM SmartCloud Provisioningby ibmservicemanagement 1,496 views
- Loading more suggestions...