NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 2 of 8
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2008
See the link to the chart for the results of trade with Mexico. The year NAFTA was ratified, America had a $1 billion trade surplus with Mexico. By 1995, America had a $16 billion trade deficit with Mexico. Today, America's trade deficit with Mexico is $74 billion. The facts in the chart make President Clinton, Vice President Gore and all the newspaper editors who wrote editorials supporting NAFTA look like complete idiots or worse. Ross Perot was absolutely right even though he was not effective in the debate. Again, no matter what your views are on NAFTA, the chart (link below) speaks for itself.
Also, this video is significant because it documents how NAFTA was sold to America by its elected leaders. In hindsight, some of the most ridiculous statements I heard from the debate was from Vice President Al Gore:
1) "They [GM] have started to move jobs back from Mexico to the United States."
2) "If he [Ross Perot] is right, then you give six months notice and you're out of it [NAFTA]."
Lessons learned: Any time your government tries to sell you on a free trade deal with another country that has disparate living and environmental standards, don't believe it. President Bill Clinton also made similar claims about free trade with Communist China when he signed a free trade agreement with that country in 1999. Today, the US has lost countless jobs to Communist China and suffers a staggering and unsustainable $250 billion annual trade deficit with that country.
Commentary - Losing Our Independence:
Chart: 20 Years of Trade With Mexico. Note how the US trade surplus with Mexico turned into large deficits soon after NAFTA was ratified in 1993.
Video shared here under "Fair Use Section 107" for educational and discussion purposes only.
This is part 2 of 8
Standard YouTube License
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 3 of 8by naftafailure19,863 views
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 4 of 8by naftafailure20,688 views
- 9:00 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993by naftafailure127,055 views
- 1:14:26 Ross Perot vs. Al Gore NAFTA Debate FULL! 1993by yeoldbasser7,252 views
- 53:54 The Dirty Secrets of George Bushby The Film Archives307,094 views
- 9:58 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 6 of 8by naftafailure10,117 views
- 9:53 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 5 of 8by naftafailure13,980 views
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 7 of 8by naftafailure9,556 views
- 1:25:50 Historical Secrets of The Bush-Millman-Clinton-Lindner Crime Syndicate ► Stew Webbby urupiper24,387 views
- 28:34 Ross Perot 1992 - Balancing the Budget & Reforming Governmentby Samuel Wilson5,793 views
- 27:37 The History of NAFTA and the Council on Foreign Relationsby TCCTV21,518 views
- 4:39 Reagan Warned Us About Obamaby Calvin King5,757,177 views
- 1:30:33 JFK II - The Bush Connection (2003)by OcularPolitics169,083 views
- 7:05 Ross Perot on CSPAN Oct. 1, 2012 Discusses the US Economyby myebay4u6,103 views
- 1:31:52 1996 Presidential Debate in Hartford, CT (1st 1996 debate)by clintonlibrary426,140 views
- 5:40 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 8 of 8by naftafailure16,741 views
- 9:51 Opening of Presidential Debate 1992by sept11vids408,132 views
- 4:36 THE GREATEST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE MOMENTS OF ALL TIMEby Stackpot27,556 views
- 1:37:02 Presidential Debate 1992 #1by sept11vids48,106 views
- 58:35 Kennedy-Nixon First Presidential Debate, 1960by JFK Library897,687 views
- Loading more suggestions...