10 Minute Routine for Daily Yoga Practice
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 5, 2011
A well balanced yoga routine that includes numerous vital stretches, compressions, twists, and inversions, performed by a middle aged man with some belly fat. [To show that yes, it can be done!] Combined with deep breathing and "mantras" which are actually quotations from the Zohar and other Jewish blessings. [In Hebrew and Aramaic]
This is syncretic, pick-and-choose exercise that draws from Yoga and Jewish meditation and I freely admit that it cannot be truly called either Yoga or Judaism. It's something new, woven of things ancient, that I developed out of my own needs, spiritual intuition, and necessity.
LIke most people, I am over-committed, over-scheduled, and over-stimulated. After neglecting the regular yoga practice of my youth for a decade, I realized I was a computer expert but FAT. I knew the only hope was DAILY practice, at whatever compromise necessary.
So, I said: "I'll do a few quick asanas [poses] each morning, and not attempt a full 45 minute workout." 12 years later, after missing only a handful of days in all that time, I've added more poses, and because it feels so excellent, I go about 20 minutes each morning. That's 2hrs and 20mins of yoga each week, or what used to be two classes. I'm still fat, but not as bad, and I'm super flexible and have no backaches or restless legs or shoulder pain any more. Knock on wood.
This video demonstrates how a rounded series of postures can be crammed into 10 minutes, if that's all the time you've got. When time allows, I extend each pose much longer, lengthening the stretches, settling in to the poses, and deepening the breath, going for 20 or 30 minutes.
This series is by no means what everyone should do, either. Your series should primarily focus on compensating stretches, always matching lengthening for compressing, and include the basic poses you can learn in many places, including my website http://www.bodyawn.org.
The key is to have a routine [vinyasa] that you can get done EVERY DAY. Thus, when you have more time, you are ready to extend the practice.
Please note: There are numerous annotations on the video that provide valuable information. If you don't see them, try another browser. I've also added the Hebrew or Aramaic names for the poses.
This video has many imperfections to my perfectionistic mind, but it was like moving heaven and earth to get it done at all, and in fact it actually happened the very day of the new moon Jupiter stellium in Aries of 4/3/11.
Six months after making this video, I can say I've learned a great deal from doing it. Now, when I do the scorpion pose at the end, I point my toes, as one should, because I've gotten the balancing better, and pointing the toes helps. Always complete the stretch-arc with toes and eyes stretching at the edge.
My yoga website and instructions about the details of the poses and methods of focused bodywork and pranayama are here http://www.bodyawn.org
Standard YouTube License
- 59:49 Baba Ramdev - Daily Yoga Aasans-Monday (Somvaar)by Rajshri123,509 views
- 13:10 10 minute yoga workout - Megan's Total Body sculpt Routineby Solalunayoga3,387 views
- 54:37 Yoga - Full 55 min class ~ Hatha Yoga Flow 4by Yoga & Soft Music ~ YogaYak1,938,548 views
- 10:11 Simon Park workshop at Downward Dog Toronto 04/03/11 - Part 1by chasingposes8,046 views
- 31:28 A Yoga Practice - 30 Minute Workoutby Leigha Butler32,766 views
- 5:57 Morning Stretching Routine (Spinal Hygiene)by CircleChiro10,705 views
- 9:43 beginners yoga 10 mins gentle morning class with Robbieby RobbieBaldwin Yoga33,142 views
- 9:00 Vigorous 10 min Yoga Flowby Irena Bliss11,648 views
- 77 videos Play all Exercises--YOGA, etc.by mascassi
- 6:03 Bedtime / Morning Full Body Stretch / Yoga 6-10+ Minute Sessionby Chad Petzinger16,384 views
- 2:59 Chandra Namaskara (moon salutation)by funfitwellness86,932 views
- 58:38 Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Obesity (Motapa Ke Liye)by Rajshri2,066,687 views
- 5:10 Power Yoga Strength for Beginnersby GaiamSearch314,514 views
- 1:06:52 LONG Playlist of Relaxing Soft Piano Music to Sleep and Studyby Serenity Studio10,804,038 views
- 8:33 8 minute morning yoga (with chipmunks)by Amrito Cross34,763 views
- 9:55 Yoga part 1 with Anusara Yogi Bridget Woods Kramer 15 min daily practiceby omshop120,908 views
- 1:31 Early Morning Yoga (suitable for beginners)by misskellybe131,333 views
- 10:56 Simon Park workshop at Downward Dog Toronto 04/03/11 - Part 2by chasingposes2,140 views
- 9:25 Ten Minute Workout with Fitness Ballby dabblerDOTca1,059,643 views
- 10:33 10 minutes for yogaby Helga83119,785 views