Midfield Terminal Complex - Abu Dhabi International Airport, Abu Dhabi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 13, 2011
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the primary gateway to the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi evolves into a global city where increasing numbers of people choose to live and to visit, the passenger traffic at Abu Dhabi International Airport has also been growing in tandem. By 2015, 20 million people are expected to use Abu Dhabi International Airport as their origin, destination or transit point for their international flights. This growth trend is expected to continue well into the future as the overall economy expands and diversifies.
To this effect, The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is undertaking a multibillion AED investment program to ensure that the airport is able to provide world-class services, infrastructure and facilities to meet this demand. This is in keeping with the Government's Plan Abu Dhabi 2030, an Emirate-wide strategy to cater for Abu Dhabi's business and tourism growth.
The centerpiece of Emirate's multibillion investment program is the Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC), which comprises a state of the art terminal facility (Midfield Terminal Building -- MTB) that will include a vast array of duty free offerings, restaurants, lounges and much more, to cater for a capacity of 20-40 million passengers per year. The MTC development program will also encompass airside and landside infrastructure, a multi-story car park, cargo building, catering building, maintenance complex and other supporting facilities.
The MTC will add to the economic impact of Abu Dhabi International Airport. The airport is already a major employer and a significant contributor to the economy of the Emirate. A recent study estimates that by the end of 2015, the total economic impact of the airport will reach 36 billion AED annually and of that, 15 billion AED can be directly attributed to the MTC. In 2030, when the MTC is fully built out, the economic impact of the MTC is expected to increase to 41 billion AED; well over half of the 71 billion AED expected from the entire airport.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:50 The Expansion of Abu Dhabi International Airportby NSCCIntl932 views
- 6:49 Dubai Tour 2011by Marcus Brooks1,955 views
- 15:50 Landing at Abu Dhabi International Airportby rahulras2,695 views
- 2:44 Refurbished Terminal 1, Abu Dhabi airportby Ahmad Fares2,854 views
- 44:59 Abu Dhabi Between Tradition and 21st Century (Full Documentary)by mhikedocumentaries45,232 views
- 6:06 Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabiby EmiratesDevelopment16,411 views
- 4:49 Early Morning Approach & Landing Rwy 31L Abu Dhabi Airport - Cockpit Viewby Crew Guide7,913 views
- 12:53 Etihad Boeing 777-300ER Takeoff Abu Dhabi Airportby thekickdem14,988 views
- 1:37 The New Abu Dhabi Airport's Stunning Midfield Terminalby pastimers6,269 views
- 7:57 منتجع الفرسان - ابوظبي- الجزء الاولby TAWAZONCHANNEL4,140 views
- 2:48 Abu Dhabi's 2030 Economic Visionby ATIC Abu Dhabi2,335 views
- 6:24 abudhabi international airport 3by sadwal awan7,944 views
- 5:20 Plan Abu Dhabi 2030 - Shahama and Bahiaby lMohammed Mansi4,905 views
- 3:47 A320 Day Takeoff 13R Abu Dhabi Airport - Cockpit Jumpseat Viewby Crew Guide3,345 views
- 8:01 Abu Dhabi Air Show 2013by Helion Frost6,528 views
- 8:49 Etihad EY404 LHR-AUH (London-Abu Dhabi) Aug/26/2012 A6-AFD A330-343X Landing in Abu Dhabiby RenderNan845 views
- 3:05 Perth Airport Redevelopment Fly Throughby DevPerth1,321 views
- 2:56 Central Market, Abu Dhabi (Fly Over)by EmiratesDevelopment10,760 views
- 4:07 Etihad Airways Boeing 777-300 Takeoff From Abu Dhabi International Aiportby Fonzi26262,770 views
- 7:32 Facebook - Messages - New Doha International Airport.mp4by Mouz22,120 views
- Loading more suggestions...